David Duke endorses Illhan Omar (D)

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
This doesn't make any sense. If David Duke said he likes McDonalds, is that company obligated to denounce him? He's one of billions, a man whose opinion carries as much currency as any crackpot with a soapbox and a corner on which to set it. Why should she feel obligated to denounce someone for agreeing with views that she holds and believe to be legitimate? Shouldn't she want more people to agree with her, no matter how noxious their history may be?
That's the "to some degree" part. It doesn't necessarily mean you're inherently wrong, but it's probably worth double-checking. And remember, it's not just anything that David Duke supports that's the issue -- it's anything that feeds into his anti-Semitism and overall racism. The issue with Trump, for example, isn't just that David Duke, Richard Spencer and other racists love him; it's that his policies directly assist their bigotry.

Jun 20, 2018
The issue with Trump, for example, isn't just that David Duke, Richard Spencer and other racists love him; it's that his policies directly assist their bigotry.
Selling Bullshit as per usual.
And to the topic at hand if trump had said something remotely as antisemitic as illhan did you, the media and democrats would all call for his head but since its your "side" who is suddenly "literal hitler" you have to make up excuses.

Last edited:

Aurelian

Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Selling Bullshit as per usual.
And to the topic at hand if trump had said something remotely as antisemitic as illhan did you, the media and democrats would all call for his head but since its your "side" who is suddenly "literal hitler" you have to make up excuses.
Trump "all lives mattered" a Holocaust memorial statement to avoid mentioning Jews. That's pretty anti-Semitic if you ask me.

I've been reading up about Ilhan Omar's statements, and I'm not sure where intentional anti-Semitism creeps in. She's not a fan of Israel's disproportionate influence on American politics (see: legislation that would make it illegal to boycott Israel) and has made gaffes that kinda sorta fuel anti-Semitic activists, but intentional racism? No. And what's disgusting is that you not only can't tell the difference, you're being manipulated by right-wing media hoping to prevent you from seeing that difference.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Trump "all lives mattered" a Holocaust memorial statement to avoid mentioning Jews. That's pretty anti-Semitic if you ask me.

I've been reading up about Ilhan Omar's statements, and I'm not sure where intentional anti-Semitism creeps in. She's not a fan of Israel's disproportionate influence on American politics (see: legislation that would make it illegal to boycott Israel) and has made gaffes that kinda sorta fuel anti-Semitic activists, but intentional racism? No. And what's disgusting is that you not only can't tell the difference, you're being manipulated by right-wing media hoping to prevent you from seeing that difference.
Wow.

Trump is the most pro-Jewish president maybe in history. His daughter and son in law are Jewish, his grand children are Jewish. If you think he is antisemetic then you clearly know nothing. He is also the most pro-Israel president of the last 50 years, and again outside of the founding fathers and early history maybe the most pro-Israel president ever. Thinking he is antisemetic is insanity.

Meanwhile you dance around Ilhan Omars antisemetic statements and excuse them and call them gaffs. If anyone is being manipulated its you. Ilhan made very clear antisemetic statements but of course she gets a pass from you. She didn't even mention Israel! She talked about Jewish money controlling politics and Jews having more loyalty to Israel then the US. These type of antisemetic canards have gotten millions of Jews killed.

And stop making Ilhan out to be some sort of child who doesn't understand or know what she is doing. Made some gaffes? How could this women be elected to congress but also have no control or understanding of what she says. If she can't even know that she is pushing antisemetic tropes then why the hell is she sitting in congress? She has a brain and knows exactly what she did.

But remember Ilhan thinks that Jews and non-Jews supporting a US ally that is one of the most pro American countries in the world is bad. But she has no problem with people who want to go fight for a terrorist group called ISIS that wants to kill and destroy America. She actually wants compassion for those people. Support ISIS=compassion, Support Israel=bad.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Can't we just agree that everyone can be accused of antisemitism no matter what side they are on or what their viewpoints are?

Geez you guys make it so complicated.
I can agree. Both the Right and the Left use antisemetism to rile up the masses. To communists Jews were the capatilist bankers who controlled the world. To capatlist Jews were all communists that killed 50 million in the Russian gulags.

To the left/dems Sheldon Andelson is the evil pro-Israel Jewish Billionaire buying of the Right. To the Right/Repubs George Soros is the Billionaire Jew buying of the left.

Whatever side you are on its easy to find a Jew to scapegoat. The Nazi did it, then the Russian commies did it. Heck sometimes you don't even need to be Jewish just have a Jewish sounding name and its good enough.

But whats ironic to me is that the with this situation the Dems have basically turned the Republican party into the pro-Israel and pro-Jewish party. Thats right the Democrats have managed to make Republicans into the place for Jews to be. Jexodus will follow in Blexits path soon. But good job Democratic party, you managed to take a base that votes for you 70% and turn their attention to your opponent. You managed to make the Republicans into the party of Jews. The Democrats need to let that sink in.

Jun 20, 2018

I've been reading up about Ilhan Omar's statements, and I'm not sure where intentional anti-Semitism creeps in. .
You know EXACTLY where the antisemitms is in her MULTIPLE statements is because its all literal age old antisemitic tropes used in nazi cartoons. "jews hypnotice the world and control it with money".
Also to claim that trump is a antisemite is really wild and out there do you even pay attention to politics AT ALL?
Trump who is literal the first president to not just talk but actually move the US embassy into Jerusalem, i am done.

Last edited:

Aurelian

Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Wow.

Trump is the most pro-Jewish president maybe in history. His daughter and son in law are Jewish, his grand children are Jewish. If you think he is antisemetic then you clearly know nothing. He is also the most pro-Israel president of the last 50 years, and again outside of the founding fathers and early history maybe the most pro-Israel president ever. Thinking he is antisemetic is insanity.

Meanwhile you dance around Ilhan Omars antisemetic statements and excuse them and call them gaffs. If anyone is being manipulated its you. Ilhan made very clear antisemetic statements but of course she gets a pass from you. She didn't even mention Israel! She talked about Jewish money controlling politics and Jews having more loyalty to Israel then the US. These type of antisemetic canards have gotten millions of Jews killed.

And stop making Ilhan out to be some sort of child who doesn't understand or know what she is doing. Made some gaffes? How could this women be elected to congress but also have no control or understanding of what she says. If she can't even know that she is pushing antisemetic tropes then why the hell is she sitting in congress? She has a brain and knows exactly what she did.

But remember Ilhan thinks that Jews and non-Jews supporting a US ally that is one of the most pro American countries in the world is bad. But she has no problem with people who want to go fight for a terrorist group called ISIS that wants to kill and destroy America. She actually wants compassion for those people. Support ISIS=compassion, Support Israel=bad.
If you purposefully omit Jews from a statement about the Holocaust, that's an anti-Semitic act whatever your views might be.

I'm not dancing around Oma'rs statements, I'm just recognizing the nuance that you refuse to acknowledge. They're not great, but she's not purposefully rallying anti-Semites, either, and there's no proof she 'knew' the implications. She's apologized all the same, and was one of those who voted to condemn anti-Semitism in that Democrat measure (yes, it was a political show, but it's still important).

You're wrong about the ISIS claim, too. Omar wrote a letter for one specific case, and she was arguing for lenience because she believed 20-year-old people shouldn't spend decades in prison. She effectively argued that lenience could help avoid radicalization, not further it. It's funny, you're willing to trust completely unsupported theories about Omar from junk Twitter accounts while accusing me of being manipulated.

Besides, what's she supposed to do that she hasn't already done? Resign to make the party more appealing to people like you, who were never going to vote Democrat in the first place?

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
If you purposefully omit Jews from a statement about the Holocaust, that's an anti-Semitic act whatever your views might be.
You can keep barking up this tree but its going nowhere. Trump is not an antisemite nor is he antisemetic. Go tell his daughter, son and grandchildren that he is an antisemite.

I'm not dancing around Oma'rs statements, I'm just recognizing the nuance that you refuse to acknowledge. They're not great, but she's not purposefully rallying anti-Semites, either, and there's no proof she 'knew' the implications. She's apologized all the same, and was one of those who voted to condemn anti-Semitism in that Democrat measure (yes, it was a political show, but it's still important).
Yes you are, you keep saying it was a gaffe or their is nuance or she didn't know the implications. She isn't a child or stupid she knows what she is saying. Her apology was barely one at that and then she continued to make antisemetic statements within a week. And of course she voted for the resoultion, her and her allies managed to water it down where anti-semtisim was listed as number 7 and the resolution was designed to obfuscate what the whole issue was about and she wasn't even named in it unlike Steve King. It had 0 importance and was actually shameful and offensive to Jews.

She said antisemtic things and there is no hiding behind derp derp its just Israel bro. There isn't nuance in saying Jews use their money to control the US and they are more loyal to Israel than America. Thats antisemetic and those tropes have gotten millions of Jews killed.

You're wrong about the ISIS claim, too. Omar wrote a letter for one specific case, and she was arguing for lenience because she believed 20-year-old people shouldn't spend decades in prison. She effectively argued that lenience could help avoid radicalization, not further it. It's funny, you're willing to trust completely unsupported theories about Omar from junk Twitter accounts while accusing me of being manipulated.
Doesn't refute what I wrote. She wants more compassion for people who want to join a terrorist organization, then people who support a US ally and country that is one of the most pro-US countries in the world. She IMO has more contempt to people who are pro-Israel than those who are pro-ISIS. Not to mention Minnesota is the number 1 recruitment center for terrorists.

Besides, what's she supposed to do that she hasn't already done? Resign to make the party more appealing to people like you, who were never going to vote Democrat in the first place?
She shouldn't do anything, she is what she is, maybe one day the leopard will change her spots. The Democrats should of punished her though and since we have a precedent with Steve King she should of got the same treatment. Lose committees and be named in a resolution calling her out specifically for her OWN WORDS that she said at her own free will. Not some resolution that buries antisemitism and doesn't even mention her at all.

And people like me vote 70% for Democrats. So maybe the Democrats should care a bit because the Jewish vote isn't going to be a guarantee for them anymore the way they are going.

Apr 15, 2018
Maybe actually sincerely apologize? Not with a tweet or buried in a resolution that even you admitted is a joke, but publicly admit, on video she did wrong. Than do what King did, and leave her committee.

But she will never do any of that, because she has sycophantic supporters who will jump hoops to defend anything she says or does. Must be nice

Nov 21, 2012
I don't know. I don't have a solution.

Maybe everyone should stop using twitter and its "40 words/ 20 secons" soundbites?
Maybe everyone should stop using simple mis-spoken words as weapons against the other side?
But that is a prisoners dilemma.

I don't know what they should do. I think they/them/us we are all fucked no matter what. A 4 second clip out of context means your career is over and you family members get death threats in the mail/I don't have a solution. I just see there is a problem. Maybe there is no solution.
Yeah, everything is getting out of control. And your right about Twitter. I personally do not engage on Twitter, FB, Instagram or any other social media platform. We were better off before they came into existence. Now they are just another product to get people their daily dopamine kick. It’s about status and presenting this life of excess and affluence. It represents everything I dislike about consumerism and culture of celebrity.

Social media can be used to organize people and become more active in their communities politically or socially. Or for chronically ill people to communicate with others. But I feel it’s mostly used as an ego driven popularity contest and a tool to sell our personal information. I mean we give it up willingly.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
So still nothing to disavow Duke.

No tweet or statement? Is this a tactile approval then of David Duke and what he said?

Trump had to disavow David Duke 18 times over and over again.

Until she makes a statement to me that means that she is happy to have his support and does not oppose it.

May 19, 2010
You know EXACTLY where the antisemitms is in her MULTIPLE statements is because its all literal age old antisemitic tropes used in nazi cartoons. "jews hypnotice the world and control it with money".
Also to claim that trump is a antisemite is really wild and out there do you even pay attention to politics AT ALL?
Trump who is literal the first president to not just talk but actually move the US embassy into Jerusalem, i am done.
She didn't say this. Why lie like this?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Now Congressman James Clyburn, also a democrat, is defending Omar by making it a competition -- who had it worse? Her or Holocaust survivors? Unbelievable how far this party is sinking right now.

"Congressman James Clyburn, D-S.C., defended freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Wednesday by saying her experience was "more personal" than Jews whose parents survived the Holocaust.

Clyburn argued Omar's experience "is much more empirical -- and powerful -- than that of people who are generations removed from the Holocaust, Japanese internment camps during WWII and the other violent episodes that have marked history," according to a report in The Hill.

“I’m serious about that. There are people who tell me, ‘Well, my parents are Holocaust survivors.’ ‘My parents did this.’ It’s more personal with her,” Clyburn said."
Except... Wait .. did you understand what he wrote?

He said the DESCENDANTS of Holocaust survivors... Not the action Holocaust survivors.

I even bolded it for you ...

May 17, 2012
Canada
Except... Wait .. did you understand what he wrote?

He said the DESCENDANTS of Holocaust survivors... Not the action Holocaust survivors.

I even bolded it for you ...
Using his logic African Americans can just be dismissed about slavery at this point since none of them were actually slaves. Just DESCENDANTS. Generations removed. Not powerful enough. Happened even longer ago than the holocaust. Lets focus on current victims. Sound good to you?

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Using his logic African Americans can just be dismissed about slavery at this point since none of them were actually slaves. Just DESCENDANTS. Generations removed. Not powerful enough. Happened even longer ago than the holocaust. Lets focus on current victims. Sound good to you?
Except Jim Crow and other practices were still enacted and in play long after Slavery... and a large part of the AA population is still alive that experienced them. My mom and siblings and myself (I'm 44).

Try again.

May 17, 2012
Canada
Except Jim Crow and other practices were still enacted and in play long after Slavery... and a large part of the AA population is still alive that experienced them. My mom and siblings and myself (I'm 44).

Try again.
I said slavery. Since you want to move the goal posts. You were not alive during the end of Jim Crow laws at 44. You try again. Maybe take a math class while you are at it. There are still holocaust survivors that should be discounted by his logic. They are just your grandparents or parents just like your example. Do I need to bold his original diatribe like you had to? Or did you just bold it and not read it as it would apply to your goalpost move as well.

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
I said slavery. Since you want to move the goal posts. You were not alive during the end of Jim Crow laws at 44. You try again. Maybe take a math class while you are at it. There are still holocaust survivors that should be discounted by his logic. They are just your grandparents or parents just like your example. Do I need to bold his original diatribe like you had to? Or did you just bold it and not read it as it would apply to your goalpost move as well.
You're talking about goalposts... Ok...

Let's look at this "comparison" objectively.

Was the Holocaust horrendous? Yes
Was Slavery horrendous? Yes

But what you aren't getting from my post is that Jim Crow was horrendous as well. Lynchings, rapes and killings were done with impudence... Were barely prosecuted and, if they were prosecuted in those rare instances, the killers were let off the hook and declared innocent. That also goes for anyone non-white who was in the military, too.

Black and other POC were basically at the mercy of laws that made sure they never forgot they were less than second class citizens.

As for my age... I grew up in Mississippi. Our mayor had ties to the Klan and was repeatedly elected to office ... Until he wasn't ... By a black man who won by MAYBE 100 votes. I grew up with racism staring me in the face ... I had white friends but was treated like crap by other white people.

Getting yelled at for crossing the street and called the N-word by a cop when you're not even a teenager yet ... Yeah, you're right, I didn't live through anything.

May 17, 2012
Canada
You're talking about goalposts... Ok...

Let's look at this "comparison" objectively.

Was the Holocaust horrendous? Yes
Was Slavery horrendous? Yes

But what you aren't getting from my post is that Jim Crow was horrendous as well. Lynchings, rapes and killings were done with impudence... Were barely prosecuted and, if they were prosecuted in those rare instances, the killers were let off the hook and declared innocent. That also goes for anyone non-white who was in the military, too.

Black and other POC were basically at the mercy of laws that made sure they never forgot they were less than second class citizens.

As for my age... I grew up in Mississippi. Our mayor had ties to the Klan and was repeatedly elected to office ... Until he wasn't ... By a black man who won by MAYBE 100 votes. I grew up with racism staring me in the face ... I had white friends but was treated like crap by other white people.

Getting yelled at for crossing the street and called the N-word by a cop when you're not even a teenager yet ... Yeah, you're right, I didn't live through anything.
What you are missing is that I am saying his logic is faulty and can be used to dismiss your experiences. You should agree with me rather than carrying water for your Party. I am sorry you had to experience racism. I am sure that the terrible attitudes didn't just evaporate after the laws were ended. Just like the terrible attitudes towards Jewish people have not evaporated after the holocaust. I just found his reasoning to be total bunk as it doesn't hold water if you apply it to anyone else. That was my point. He is playing the oppression Olympics and it is a shit ideology.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
The Middle East Forum's "Islamist Money in Politics" (IMIP) database shows that UC Berkeley lecturer and anti-Israel activist Hatem Bazian donated to Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar's campaign in 2018. Ilhan is currently under fire for anti-Semitic tweets regarding AIPAC and allusions to Jewish money in U.S. politics.

Bazian, who founded American Muslims for Palestine, has been a strong supporter of Ilhan—and fellow BDS proponent Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib—including her recent comments.
Also lots of donations from CAIR.

Can we have the discussion about Muslim money now? Is it all about the Benjamins? Does Ilhan and Rashida have dual loyalties and pledging foreign allegiance to Palestine?

How odd that someone who takes money from anti-Israel organizations and people is anti-Israel, almost as if she is bought off by these groups? Could it be?

I am not islamaphobic just asking questions, I'm just crticizing the Palestinian government and Muslim governments.

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
What you are missing is that I am saying his logic is faulty and can be used to dismiss your experiences. You should agree with me rather than carrying water for your Party. I am sorry you had to experience racism. I am sure that the terrible attitudes didn't just evaporate after the laws were ended. Just like the terrible attitudes towards Jewish people have not evaporated after the holocaust. I just found his reasoning to be total bunk as it doesn't hold water if you apply it to anyone else. That was my point. He is playing the oppression Olympics and it is a shit ideology.
I keep having to say this...
I. Don't. Have. A. Party.

And I don't play the Olympics. Lots of groups and races have gone through the wringer ... I just won't say that black people and other POC still alive today Haven't gone through some horrific crap just because of their skin color...

I hate oppression Olympics because everyone loses

Dec 15, 2011
When you have people so busy reading between lines and declaring all sorts of hidden meanings, but curiously those same people are unable to read black-and-white direct-quotation of statements that are clear as day to the casual observer then it's blatantly clear that they are far from the enlightened ones.

This topic is positively oozing disingenuous rhetoric.

Dec 3, 2013
When you have people so busy reading between lines and declaring all sorts of hidden meanings, but curiously those same people are unable to read black-and-white direct-quotation of statements that are clear as day to the casual observer then it's blatantly clear that they are far from the enlightened ones.

This topic is positively oozing disingenuous rhetoric.
All that dog whistling they hear suddenly have gone deaf. Ironic.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Dehumanization anyone?
A Fox News reporter repeatedly asked Omar as she walked down the hallway with an aide whether she thought the two presidents were largely the same, as she had suggested in a recent interview.

As she was about to get into an elevator, she turned to the correspondent and snapped, "Absolutely not. That is silly to even think and equate the two. One is human, and the other is not."
Saying Trump isn't human is dehumanization in the literal sense, Trump is not a human.