• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe (creator of God of War) annoyed by forum

Kenpachii

As I said before one of the most disgusting trait of SJW's (in this case ERA cause they love to projecting their virtue everywhere) is us or them mentality. If you dissagree with them, you will be labeled as :
- incel
- bigot
- misogyny
- "insert another SJW's bingo card"

There was also a ape in space. Maybe they should now make 50% of all space npc's in future games apes.

MegaBustet

It's absurd this was even taken to the level it's at. People are allowed to have different opinions and it's so ridiculous that topic is even allowed to exist on resetera. It's just adding more fuel to the fire and no amount of discourse will change anyone's mind. It's quite frankly embarrassing as hell to see.

Ribi

He's spot on; can't have an opinion that strays from the hive mind or else they will attack. It's China and Russia basically

ShadowLag

... But I'd love for GAF to become more active so I wouldn't need to visit there at all.

This right here. I would like to post meaningful news on GAF as it occurs or provide other awesome information, but I am not Wario64 and unfortunately have very little free time.

I still visit there to read the news and participate is some OTs which aren't here on GAF. But I'd love for GAF to become more active so I wouldn't need to visit there at all.

you should make those missing OTs here. nothing fancy needed.

Last edited:
This right here. I would like to post meaningful news on GAF as it occurs or provide other awesome information, but I am not Wario64 and unfortunately have very little free time.
We are working on it. Give us time to get it corrected. Provide feedback to us if you like.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
The good news is that people who want this site to be their new home have everything they need. The forum tools are top notch. The mods are absolutely amazing.

Just chip in and make a good quality thread from time to time. Tell your friends. The rest is all here. Imagine a normal forum. That's us.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I don't think there's anything wrong with people having shit in their past, maturing and being a better person. Knocking a current "SJW" for poor behavior in the past is hypocritical to those of us who hate when those types due that shit to people like James Gunn and his old tweets. It's only an issue when they're STILL doing shit they speak against--which is unfortunately more common than it should be.

In general, I have nothing but mad respect for true SJWs--those actually out their protesting, organizing, getting the vote out, contacting their reps, running for office their selves. Some of the greatest people in history like MLK were the SJWs of their time. What I have an issue with is these wannabe SJWs who are really nothing but KEYBOARD warriors. Bunch of losers with no lives that sit around bitching about things online and most of them never doing anything in real life beyond the banal, basic civic duties that most of us informed people do like voting. They're just bitching to feel better about themselves and to fit in with that cult as they have no social life in the real world. They're no different than the people on the other side who do the same on the right wing echo chambers--they just have less hateful/harmful views. Otherwise, they're exactly the same in terms of bitching in moaning in an online cult echo chamber and doing little to nothing in the real world.

SJW != Activist. Being an SJW is not a good thing.

This explains it well:

Also in the spoiler below.

Activists and SJW's both practice forms of activism; the difference is in their philosophy.

To borrow from another post, to understand SJW's more, you'd need a little background on philosophers like Simone de Beauvoir and Camille Paglia. In their writing, they describe the natural human state as being one of a never-ending series of tests against an indifferent state of nature. Society then, becomes a kind of artificially constructed safe space made by humans to make these contests more bearable.

Author's such as Paglia vehemently reject SJW philosophy because of its inversion of this, where society becomes the natural human state, indifferent biological nature is the artificial construct. Just take a moment to soak in what that means. Society is nature; indifferent biological nature doesn't wholly exist.

This is why SJW's are so stuck on "moral crusading-as-activism" to change society, and have so many epic meltdowns when routed. They live in a "natural state" that literally cannot wholly function without constant social validation and groupthink reinforcement. Like, who would want to go out of their way to be The Chosen Few in a human reality that flimsy?

So:

Activist: is any person with an interest in advocating a cause for a variety of personal or impersonal reasons or concerns.

SJW: is any person, who superficially demonstrates a form of activism, while in function, demonstrates moral\ideological tribalism for social validation and groupthink reinforcement to achieve a "natural state" of safety.

The activist participates in activism as a the activist wills; society is the safe space. Addressing\meeting the need is the win condition.

The SJW requires sufficient "natural state of safety" qualifiers to be met (e.g. trigger warnings etc...) before participating in anything as a realized being. Being accepted and "safe" is the win condition, addressing\meeting the need is only as important as in how the need facilitates the safe space.

One is a cultist, one is not.

Addendum:

tl;dr: They need a safe space from the safe space of society because harsh, indifferent, biological nature is the fake social construct, and it is society that is somehow both absolute and malleable. It really is an Orwellian nightmare of doublethink and contradictory nonsense. It's no wonder they're losing it.

ed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
SJW != Activist. Being an SJW is not a good thing.

This explains it well:

I get all that. But that's just he shitty co-opting of the phrase online. Vs. just the strict definition of the words. But it is what it is as shitty online culture ruins everything.

What you/others call SJWs I like to call keyboard warriors of the far left and the alt right morons on sites like the one you linked, r/the_donald are the keyboard warriors of the far right.

I just hate that the term social justice warrior has became a negative as it should just imply people with a lot of passion toward fighting for equality and equal rights for all. And not just forum losers who pretend to do it by being holier than thou assholes online and really just insulting others and virtue signalling to make themselves feel better and to fit in with their cult online.

But yes, in proper internet culture (fucking barf) parlance I mean I admire the hell out of activists and can't fucking stand "SJWs" and what ever you call their even worse counterparts on the far right. I'd Thanos snap both groups out of existence with out a fucking second's hesitation. Worthless human beings, the lot of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would say forums overall can be really toxic, even here neogaf I have been accuse of "weebo perv" just because I like anime and Japanese games.

What can you do? its just nature of internet.
giphy.gif

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I get all that. But that's just he shitty co-opting of the phrase online. Vs. just the strict definition of the words. But it is what it is as shitty online culture ruins everything.

What you/others call SJWs I like to call keyboard warriors of the far left and the alt right morons on sites like the one you linked, r/the_donald are the keyboard warriors of the far right.

I just hate that the term social justice warrior has became a negative as it should just imply people with a lot of passion toward fighting for equality and equal rights for all. And not just forum losers who pretend to do it by being holier than thou assholes online and really just insulting others and virtue signalling to make themselves feel better and to fit in with their cult online.

But yes, in proper internet culture (fucking barf) parlance I mean I admire the hell out of activists and can't fucking stand "SJWs" and what ever you call their even worse counterparts on the far right. I'd Thanos snap both groups out of existence with out a fucking second's hesitation. Worthless human beings, the lot of them.

No, that has always been the definition and its meaning. SJW was always used as a mocking term to someone who doesn't truly care about activism and cared more for themselves and feeling morally superior. Calling someone like Martin Luther King an SJW is an insult. He was an actual activist, not some child trying ever so desperately to feel self-important and conflate their ego.

Exentryk

Same. I used to make a few threads back in the day when I had more time, but it's harder these days.

you should make those missing OTs here. nothing fancy needed.
I would but the release period has passed for that game(AC Odyssey), and am guessing there won't be any posts from other people since no one else had made a thread till today.

kizito

ResetEra has become (or already was) a really toxic place. I was one of the people that moved there after last year, but have been noticing more and more how even the mods have their own agendas and won't even follow their own forum rules like managing thread derailments, abusive and rude behavior, etc., as long as the views of the poster align with their (mods') views. It's more likely that the person highlighting these issues will get banned. Better to call it CensorEra.

I still visit there to read the news and participate is some OTs which aren't here on GAF. But I'd love for GAF to become more active so I wouldn't need to visit there at all.

It already was a toxic place since birth. Not willing to bring up any debate about Gaf's owner once again, but everyone deserves proper trial before being condemned. So any idiot who left Gaf for Resetera over some ungrounded allegations deserves to eat some of their own medicine on ERA's dictature. What happens with the abusive bans etc... Is exactly the same situation as Evillore being insulted 24/7 around the time of ERA's creation, absolutely unfair. But if you support(ed) the other website, all the blame is on you, stay here, help Gaf and free speech live. I deactivated my adblocker only on NeoGAF because I value freedom of speech more than anything and the forum has been so much healthier since the scandal; and to conclude, I am glad someone as famous in our community as David Jaffe (which I am not a fan of) is shedding some light on the abysmal behaviour of some people on the other side.

I hope my message is clear and not mean by any means, as English is not my first language.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No, that has always been the definition and its meaning. SJW was always used as a mocking term to someone who doesn't truly care about activism and cared more for themselves and feeling morally superior. Calling someone like Martin Luther King an SJW is an insult. He was an actual activist, not some child trying ever so desperately to feel self-important and conflate their ego.

Fair enough. I just hate that there's any negative connotation to anything to do with social justice. I mean even as pathetic as the people just doing it online for the reasons you note are at least touting support of worthwhile causes. Unlike the other side that's spouting hate and wanting to discriminate and take away/keep away rights from groups of people. (And, yes, of course there are the majority that fall in between, I left them out as they're good folk--the purely apathetic ones aside--and irrelevant to this discussion).

Also, it's important to not overgeneralize. While there are lots of "SJWs" over there, there are also a lot of people that go to protests, write their reps and post trying to getting other people to do so and so on. So there are some activists over there too doing good work. The "SJWs" just drown them out in terms of post volume as those are the mentally ill no lifers with 10-30,000 posts in a year. But in general this site is hyperbolic about how bad Era is when it's just a large, vocal minority and some terrible moderation if you want to post in the SJW type threads. Similarly, this site isn't nearly as bad as they think it is. It's a left leaning site that's going to trigger them as it allows views from both sides--and there are some clear bigots here and there that just avoid posting stuff blatant enough to get bans. But that's a small minority of posters here and hopefully they'll all eventually slip up and get shown the door as the mods are great about banning people who post clearly hateful stuff. I mostly enjoy both sites personally as I usually stay out of political threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

GMan72

Neo Member
The moderator Zhuge and that moderator ghostcrew don't like plasytation. It's really apparent if you go there and see how they use their position do to stifle any positive PS thread. Like when they shut down threads about spiderman selling gangbusters in spain but allow some fluff pr about gamepass with no actual numbers to stay open.

They do stuff like that repeatedly. A guy on reddit had a list and it's incredible to see the moderation archived.

Last edited:

ShadowLag

... So any idiot who left Gaf for Resetera over some ungrounded allegations deserves to eat some of their own medicine on ERA's dictature.

I sometimes forget that was the cause of the mass exodus... which I still find ridiculous. I don't know EvilLore, I didn't sign up here to talk to EvilLore or be friends with him, and neither did anyone else (most likely lol). We should all be here for gaming/OT discussion, not "OMG what did the site owner do?" whether the accusations are true or not.

So many people leaving the site over personal accusations kind of points out how a new forum founded by those people was going to end up.

Exentryk

It already was a toxic place since birth. Not willing to bring up any debate about Gaf's owner once again, but everyone deserves proper trial before being condemned. So any idiot who left Gaf for Resetera over some ungrounded allegations deserves to eat some of their own medicine on ERA's dictature. What happens with the abusive bans etc... Is exactly the same situation as Evillore being insulted 24/7 around the time of ERA's creation, absolutely unfair. But if you support(ed) the other website, all the blame is on you, stay here, help Gaf and free speech live. I deactivated my adblocker only on NeoGAF because I value freedom of speech more than anything and the forum has been so much healthier since the scandal; and to conclude, I am glad someone as famous in our community as David Jaffe (which I am not a fan of) is shedding some light on the abysmal behaviour of some people on the other side.

I hope my message is clear and not mean by any means, as English is not my first language.
Yeah, I am also glad it is becoming more clear to people about the state of things. I usually don't take participate in any political stuff, and prefer to keep that out of my hobby of video games. The reason to move to Era back then was simply coz that's where the bulk of the community went, and I wanted to keep up with the gaming news.

But Era now is terrible. Every thread there turns into some political nonsense, and mods do nothing to manage that.

Friends I present to you the Resetera concept map:

1544027067135.jpg

I honestly doubt that any thread past 5 posts make it without one of those examples.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I would say forums overall can be really toxic, even here neogaf I have been accuse of "weebo perv" just because I like anime and Japanese games.

What can you do? its just nature of internet.
giphy.gif
Anonymity brings out the worst in people. Seems to breed a bunch of judgemental assholes.

Mattyp

Gold Member
It already was a toxic place since birth. Not willing to bring up any debate about Gaf's owner once again, but everyone deserves proper trial before being condemned.

We don't have to look much further than how much of a toxic shit hole that place is that they used moderator abilities to dox the CDPR GOG community guy. Like really? And why didn't that news blow up?

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Fair enough. I just hate that there's any negative connotation to anything to do with social justice. I mean even as pathetic as the people just doing it online for the reasons you note are at least touting support of worthwhile causes. Unlike the other side that's spouting hate and wanting to discriminate and take away/keep away rights from groups of people. (And, yes, of course there are the majority that fall in between, I left them out as they're good folk--the purely apathetic ones aside--and irrelevant to this discussion).

Also, it's important to not overgeneralize. While there are lots of "SJWs" over there, there are also a lot of people that go to protests, write their reps and post trying to getting other people to do so and so on. So there are some activists over there too doing good work. The "SJWs" just drown them out in terms of post volume as those are the mentally ill no lifers with 10-30,000 posts in a year. But in general this site is hyperbolic about how bad Era is when it's just a large, vocal minority and some terrible moderation if you want to post in the SJW type threads. Similarly, this site isn't nearly as bad as they think it is. It's a left leaning site that's going to trigger them as it allows views from both sides--and there are some clear bigots here and there that just avoid posting stuff blatant enough to get bans. But that's a small minority of posters here and hopefully they'll all eventually slip up and get shown the door as the mods are great about banning people who post clearly hateful stuff. I mostly enjoy both sites personally as I usually stay out of political threads.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the bolded point. I hate the fact that they exist as much as the next person as they actively hurt many of the important movements that need to be made. LGBT rights is an important thing for many, but as has been shown and explained by multiple folks within that community that make GAF their home, those SJWs openly hurt the public perception and cause the overall movement to regress.

I am sure there are good people on Era, people who are actual activists pushing for the betterment of society, but they are completely drowned out by the SJWs, the mentally deranged, and the sheer nature of how that site runs. You cannot have a valid discussion on that site when they openly shut down nearly all opposing views to the popular opinion. I would rather have the handful of bigots speak and show their ass than the fear and control that shuts down intelligent thought and discussion in the name of trying to reign in those very bigots.

Apologies if I am starting to make less sense. Currently on 37 hours of uninterrupted consciousness and it is taking its toll.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with you wholeheartedly on the bolded point. I hate the fact that they exist as much as the next person as they actively hurt many of the important movements that need to be made. LGBT rights is an important thing for many, but as has been shown and explained by multiple folks within that community that make GAF their home, those SJWs openly hurt the public perception and cause the overall movement to regress.

I am sure there are good people on Era, people who are actual activists pushing for the betterment of society, but they are completely drowned out by the SJWs, the mentally deranged, and the sheer nature of how that site runs. You cannot have a valid discussion on that site when they openly shut down nearly all opposing views to the popular opinion. I would rather have the handful of bigots speak and show their ass than the fear and control that shuts down intelligent thought and discussion in the name of trying to reign in those very bigots.

Apologies if I am starting to make less sense. Currently on 37 hours of uninterrupted consciousness and it is taking its toll.

Agree 100% with all of that. And it makes perfect sense. Now go get some sleep! Being up that long is unhealthy.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Friends I present to you the Resetera concept map:

1544027067135.jpg

I honestly doubt that any thread past 5 posts make it without one of those examples.

As funny as that is, I know many who are ardently not SJW/Far-Left types that use a lot of that language. I think it may just be a generational thing.

Also what is wrong with y'all? Makin' a South Dakotan sad here :'(

Zabby

I have always been a fan of his work, but to me Jaffe’s point of view is completely wrong.

Deplatforming needs to be a way to fight these racist and fascists, and the first amendment as it is, is trash.
You need to protect human beings before you protect hate speech.
Giving people like that a “loud and proud” voice is literally dangerous to lives.

For fuck’s sake, last month people were sent fucking bombs in the mail because someone was eating this shit up.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We don't have to look much further than how much of a toxic shit hole that place is that they used moderator abilities to dox the CDPR GOG community guy. Like really? And why didn't that news blow up?

The sites that would normally report about it, are cut from the same mold as some of the staff. :pie_winking:

Where is Scheier with his "investigative skillz" on the subject? He seems fair-weather about that place, rather, some of the poster's he cherry picks by highlighting on Twitter to rant about; feeding a mob. Oh wait, they won't touch that one regarding the circumstances involved. Injustice is okay when the target(s) are deemed the SJ/political "enemy".

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I have always been a fan of his work, but to me Jaffe’s point of view is completely wrong.

Deplatforming needs to be a way to fight these racist and fascists, and the first amendment as it is, is trash.
Giving people like that a “loud and proud” voice is literally dangerous to lives.

For fuck’s sake, last month people were sent fucking bombs in the mail because someone was eating this shit up.

The types of folks who do that are few and far between and "deplatforming" will not get rid of their mental illnesses. One could also point to ANTIFA that has arisen from the nature of Far-Left deplatforming tactics and how violent they have become.

Deplatforming should never be a thing. Give them the same freedoms as everyone else and let them show their ass. Have them be debated, let the points be discussed. A shitty point of view will be seen as a shitty point of view. Your lack of trust in your fellow person is disheartening and concerning, especially when you think authoritarian control is a good idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

I think deplatforming makes that kind of stuff worse as it just drives people to like-minded echo chambers where they get further radicalized by even worse people and are never presented with counter arguments or called out on their bullshit.

Better to have people with bigoted views show their asses publically so they can be called out and maybe some have their views softened or changed over time. Or worst case, at least then they’re known risks and law enforcement can keep a closer eye on them.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
He is right. He had a perfectly normal opinion that any sane person really wouldn’t have had an issue with. Maybe not everyone would agree with his opinion, but he didn’t deserve the hateful comments. ERA is full of hate though, so what else can you expect. He’s probably best off just ignoring them.

YayNJ

Banned
I don't think there's anything wrong with people having shit in their past, maturing and being a better person. Knocking a current "SJW" for poor behavior in the past is hypocritical to those of us who hate when those types due that shit to people like James Gunn and his old tweets. It's only an issue when they're STILL doing shit they speak against--which is unfortunately more common than it should be.

In general, I have nothing but mad respect for true SJWs--those actually out their protesting, organizing, getting the vote out, contacting their reps, running for office their selves. Some of the greatest people in history like MLK were the SJWs of their time. What I have an issue with is these wannabe SJWs who are really nothing but KEYBOARD warriors. Bunch of losers with no lives that sit around bitching about things online and most of them never doing anything in real life beyond the banal, basic civic duties that most of us informed people do like voting. They're just bitching to feel better about themselves and to fit in with that cult as they have no social life in the real world. They're no different than the people on the other side who do the same on the right wing echo chambers--they just have less hateful/harmful views. Otherwise, they're exactly the same in terms of bitching in moaning in an online cult echo chamber and doing little to nothing in the real world.

To be perfectly fair and honest, you can apply your (good) post to the vast majority of the people in the politics forums across the Internet, from all ends of the spectrum.

Last edited:

Zabby

The types of folks who do that are few and far between and "deplatforming" will not get rid of their mental illnesses. One could also point to ANTIFA that has arisen from the nature of Far-Left deplatforming tactics and how violent they have become.

Deplatforming should never be a thing. Give them the same freedoms as everyone else and let them show their ass. Have them be debated, let the points be discussed. A shitty point of view will be seen as a shitty point of view. Your lack of trust in your fellow person is disheartening and concerning, especially when you think authoritarian control is a good idea.
I think deplatforming makes that kind of stuff worse as it just drives people to like-minded echo chambers where they get further radicalized by even worse people and are never presented with counter arguments or called out on their bullshit.

Better to have people with bigoted views show their asses publically so they can be called out and maybe some have their views softened or changed over time. Or worst case, at least then they’re known risks and law enforcement can keep a closer eye on them.
Wothout the attention the media has given him, Trump would not be president though.

MDSLKTR

I don't understand why renowned devs and insiders post there... It seriously devalues them in my eyes.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

A very simplistic way to see how your stance would not benefit even yourself is to just change one variable. Humor me, please. A little thought experiment.

What if what you just said was considered hateful and you got deplatformed? I think you can admit then that you wouldn't enjoy this policy very much.

And this goes right to Jaffe's point in the video. Who determines what is hateful and fascistic? Everyone has different definitions. As soon as you find yourself in a position where something you think you deserve to talk about is called hate, you will suddenly find yourself not agreeing with your points here. I think you have to admit that much.

And the thing is, currently a mob determines what is hate. And they don't even apply the standards evenly. They let their friends get away with anything if they're in the clique. They punish people with "hate" labels even if all they are doing is politely disagreeing and not breaking a single term of service.

The only point you should take away from this is that the second you let ANY other person determine what speech is off limits, you have lost your freedom to say whatever you think you deserve to say. You will run into that day I'm talking about. You will find yourself wanting to say something that is fine and just, and a mob will come for you next. You'll say, "not me, I'm one of the good ones." But it will be too late by then. This is precisely why people that understand freedom of speech defend people they disagree with. It's not even about the content of the speech, it's about your right to say it. What society considers taboo changes all the time, and you'll lose your rights to your own thoughts with each changing fad.

We are working on it. Give us time to get it corrected. Provide feedback to us if you like.
i think that the new layout, implementation of streams, the 'like' system, and the differences of opinions have made this a much improved site. Congrats to the whole team for sticking through the rough period. I go to both sites, but after having just come off a 2 week ban, I'm very cautious there. Even posting this here makes me wonder if I'll be banned there.

Last edited:

Zabby

A very simplistic way to see how your stance would not benefit even yourself is to just change one variable. Humor me, please. A little thought experiment.

What if what you just said was considered hateful and you got deplatformed? I think you can admit then that you wouldn't enjoy this policy very much.

And this goes right to Jaffe's point in the video. Who determines what is hateful and fascistic? Everyone has different definitions. As soon as you find yourself in a position where something you think you deserve to talk about is called hate, you will suddenly find yourself not agreeing with your points here. I think you have to admit that much.

And the thing is, currently a mob determines what is hate. And they don't even apply the standards evenly. They let their friends get away with anything if they're in the clique. They punish people with "hate" labels even if all they are doing is politely disagreeing and not breaking a single term of service.

The only point you should take away from this is that the second you let ANY other person determine what speech is off limits, you have lost your freedom to say whatever you think you deserve to say. You will run into that day I'm talking about. You will find yourself wanting to say something that is fine and just, and a mob will come for you next. You'll say, "not me, I'm one of the good ones." But it will be too late by then. This is precisely why people that understand freedom of speech defend people they disagree with. It's not even about the content of the speech, it's about your right to say it. What society considers taboo changes all the time, and you'll lose your rights to your own thoughts with each changing fad.
Hate speech is not debate, the line is very thick. Individual media platforms already decide who to ban and who to keep around based on repeat behavior.
Alex Johns who?

It wasn't given, it was bought, that's how campaigns are run, they pay for platforms.
All the money in the world can’t pay for the coverage Trump got during his campaign.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Hate speech is not debate, the line is very thick. Individual media platforms already decide who to ban and who to keep around based on repeat behavior.
Alex Johns who?

All the money in the world can’t pay for the coverage Trump got during his campaign.
If that was true, few people would have a problem. The world would be black and white and all we do is ban the bad guys.

But in reality, the labels get misused almost non-stop. We can't even agree on holding off on using the term "nazi" now for actual nazis. I've seen Jews getting called nazis, like .... frequently. It's completely not a thick line. It is a frothing mob that just hurts people and always assumes the worst.

In the video we're discussing, David Jaffe, the liberal with a gay brother, is called an alt-right racist apologist by Resetera. There is no thick line. That's the whole point.

Zabby

If that was true, few people would have a problem. The world would be black and white and all we do is ban the bad guys.

But in reality, the labels get misused almost non-stop. We can't even agree on holding off on using the term "nazi" now for actual nazis. I've seen Jews getting called nazis, like .... frequently. It's completely not a thick line. It is a frothing mob that just hurts people and always assumes the worst.

In the video we're discussing, David Jaffe, the liberal with a gay brother, is called an alt-right racist apologist by Resetera. There is no thick line. That's the whole point.

And that’s why Jaffe is not deplatformed.
Actual hate speech is.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Damn... so true.

Era is a shithole, their virtue signal circle-jerk is embarrassing.
It's worse than embarrassing. I find it deeply disturbing and depressing. Even small amounts of exposure that forum at its worse crushes my faith in humanity. It's like watching a drug cartel torture/execution video - and then, after, reading forum posts of the executioners justifying what they did, saying how the victim had it coming, and mocking the victim, all while believing in their hearts and minds, that with the support of society, they are just and righteous.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Sounds like he's trying to stir shit to direct attention to himself, as if some people whining about him online means they think he's number one public enemy, lol? Plenty devs spewed whatever crap against "neogaf" in the past too, if you're not ok with them doing that as if everybody who ever visited and wrote here must have the exact same way of thinking as anyone else then there's no reason to condone anyone else doing that for another community. I haven't seen what this all is about in detail but yeah I do think freedom of speech doesn't mean everyone should be able to incite hatred against others without consequence so saying that freedom of speech means you should be able to say anything is wrong as far as I'm concerned. Dunno if the person he defended did spew hate or not, but the defence has been that he should be able to cos freedom of speech so I'm pointing out that's a fallacy as far as I'm concerned, one's freedom's ends where another's begins and everyone has the right to live happy and in peace without being targeted for his origin or faith or color or sexuality or self identification or whatever else, do whatever you want as long as it doesn't threaten someone else's rights. That's all I'll say about this.
You have no idea what you’re talking about. I suggest you go back to ResetEra

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I wish more people had the balls to stand up to the craziness over there. It’s insane how many just go with it so they don’t lose their account.

It just reinforces the crazy.

7upguy

Banned
Well I was just banned on Resetera before I even had a chance to participate in the discussion. I glad to see my account is still here and I remembered my password.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
And that’s why Jaffe is not deplatformed.
Actual hate speech is.

If it was all black and white and all we did was ban the bad guys, few people would have a problem with it. I just don't think it's even close to that, and it never will be.

Smart laws take into account that people aren't perfect, and power corrupts. If you give people the power to start controlling what you think and say, it will get worse for you because that's how people are. That's why free speech advocates defend people they DISAGREE with. The content that is taboo always changes.

Top Bottom