• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Jaffe (creator of God of War) annoyed by forum

TeamGhobad

Banned
resetera is a cesspool of filth. u know they banned me for criticizing israel while they openly bashed Iran. most def the website is run by some pro-israeli left wing nut.

mcz117chief

More developers need to speak up and not rely on ERA for feedback. Don't do what DICE did.
Yeah, holy shit reading the BF5 thread on there is just something else. Everybody stroking each other's junk over how "woke" and "progressive" DICE is. People falling over each other trying to tell the DICE members of Resetera how heroic they are for standing up to "the Nazis" on BF forums, Reddit and elsewher. It is absolutelly pathetic.

On topic though, David Jaffe is a BEAST! He cut through the alt-left's bullshit like Moses through the Red Sea.

resetera is a cesspool of filth. u know they banned me for criticizing israel while they openly bashed Iran. most def the website is run by some pro-israeli left wing nut.

Interesting, hating on the Jews and Israel is all the rage now with the alt-left.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Honestly, I'm glad more people are coming round to this opinion. Lately I've felt this community really pulling together and finally saying 'enough is enough', let's just show everyone that people who play games are rational, reasonable and emotionally stable. However, I'd rather the message going out is of Gaf's revival and the transformation - rather than slagging video's cos we're still bearing the weight of 'gaf is dead/at-right' and it's just so untrue. I would prefer jaffe made a video about that.

It is a bit slower here but thta's because the people here seem to have real lives and work, they don't spend every hour on the fourm, in a discord, twitter sifting for outrage or on Kotaku/Polygon. All simultaneously as well. Era's problem is a vicious circle and they can't break out from it. Redneckerz Redneckerz can fill in the nicknames cos I havent got a clue

• Era mods have massive ego's but are fragile..they want to be loved and 'respected'
  • They buy into an ideology wihtout contrasting consequences..or considering alternative policies below surface level.
  • Because of the first point, they are easily led by the extremists on the forum to ban everyone who doesn't groupthink.
  • They don't ban the main extremists because their party members will publicly call them out as non progressive and fragility will kick in.
  • Being so fragile they take everyone laughing at their moderation on kiwi/voat to heart and look for 'junior' members to ban every now and again for what party members are allowed to say without action
  • They use the above to point out how they are fair
  • Internet laughs

If ERA does one thing well it's fashioning an over reaction. Look at the doxxing claims, the interaction with a few developers. There's a reaosn most people on there are 'community managers/PR' with verified badges. What happened to the Q&A with developers and all the contacts and studio's that were coming crawling? Where are they?

They are so blinded by this as well, they actually think they are a focus point for developers. Corey Barlog is the best example of this. Pops up just the game releases - why? Because they know that if they manage you (as one would manage a child), they can control the outrage mob/social media bombing. They don't want to be part of the community, they simply don't want social media mob rule taking hold over the latest inocuous nonsense. Sales and marketing are completely detatched. Also if you engage like that, all the emotionally unstable hobbits over there start crying, fawn over them and then won't have anything bad said about the game. Era is being played - by the mods, by the industry and by the extremists - and the decent folk need to come home to GAF. And dare I say it, this attitude and fake adulation is why we ended up with Uncharted 4 instead of aproper uncharted game.

Last edited:

Shmunter

That’s surprising. SJW’s agenda is for the systematic destruction of western culture, the patriarchy as they call it. Because they are all so oppressed in the most successful and tolerant time in all of civilisation. Whomever coined the term “1st world problem” had no idea.

Anyway Western Culture is based in Christianity, and the biggest threat is Islam, hence they side with Islam against Christianity followed by the Jews.

Your story must have more to it.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
At the bottom of the (currently 27 page long) thread/dumpster fire that is ResetEra's rebuttal to Jaffe's reply I found this gem:

"I think David is the one learning something right now. At the very least, he’s learning that he shouldn’t expect people to be okay with defending the facilitation of Nazi propaganda. "

On the face of it, pretty mild stuff, especially compared to charming comments like: "Go fuck off forever, Jaffe, you alt-right-enabling whataboutist shit. ". But I think its a great example of the insidious way that their mindset allows them to bridge multiple degrees of separation in order to identify their ideological enemies.

He's not a Nazi.
He's not even putting forth Nazi Propoganda.
He's not even directly facilitating said, Nazi propoganda.
His "crime" is defending the facilitation of Nazi propaganda.

That's how far they'll go to get their man... talk about the logic of a kangaroo court!

TeamGhobad

Banned
That’s surprising. SJW’s agenda is for the systematic destruction of western culture, the patriarchy as they call it. Because they are all so oppressed in the most successful and tolerant time in all of civilisation. Whomever coined the term “1st world problem” had no idea.

Anyway Western Culture is based in Christianity, and the biggest threat is Islam, hence they side with Islam against Christianity followed by the Jews.

Your story must have more to it.

you talk like someone from /r/donald

western culture is based on atheism and separation of church and state. this is more true in europe where i live though. i know usa still has jesus camps.

Kreydo

Why people come here to complain about ResetEra? It's even more embarassing than posting there.

Please have some decency, respect yourself at least.

Last edited:

Shmunter

western culture is based on atheism and separation of church and state. this is more true in europe where i live though. i know usa still has jesus camps.

No idea what r/Donald is but atheism is a modern take on things. Christian values date back 2018 years. You do understand year 0 I take it, or why western cultures celebrate Christmas or Easter?

Last edited:

LordRaptor

No, dude. Deplatforming is real and has a real, palpable effect in the expansion and rooting on ideas.

I don't believe thats true. Its not the person espousing a dangerous idea that is the problem, its the idea itself.
Silencing someone doesn't stop that idea from propagating. It never has. I can give you a long list of famous martyrs to causes from history who were attacked for heretical speech, but the ideas persisted.
I mean, you're Spanish. Torquemada stopped any opposition to the Catholic church? Franco stopped anyone not believing in Fascism?
Today there are advocates of Democracy in totalitarian regimes who face punishments far worse than having their social media account suspended, but they still talk about and advocate the concept of democracy.

But even assuming its true that its possible to successfully stifle a thought by making everyone shut up about it - we then get to Jaffes point about who gets to decide what thoughts are and are not allowed to be expressed.
Sure, its easy to say "Oh, hate speech is obviously bad" - it is obviously bad - where do you go from there?
There's a presumption that constraints on freedom of speech will only affect 'the bad guys', but somehow 'the good guys' who might be advocating ideas that do not sit well with the mainstream will get through unscathed?

I'm not going to pretend that all people are reasonable and capable of being persuaded by the justness of a concept. But most people are.
Real change happens by persuading people of the rightness of an idea. Not by shouting down the opposition to it.

Last edited:

Ogbert

western culture is based on atheism and separation of church and state.

Separation of church and state, yes.

But it is most assuredly not based upon Atheism. The history of the West is the history of liberal Christianity. Most of of our values derive from the New Testament.

Last edited:

Neon Noire

Banned
At the bottom of the (currently 27 page long) thread/dumpster fire that is ResetEra's rebuttal to Jaffe's reply I found this gem:

"I think David is the one learning something right now. At the very least, he’s learning that he shouldn’t expect people to be okay with defending the facilitation of Nazi propaganda. "

On the face of it, pretty mild stuff, especially compared to charming comments like: "Go fuck off forever, Jaffe, you alt-right-enabling whataboutist shit. ". But I think its a great example of the insidious way that their mindset allows them to bridge multiple degrees of separation in order to identify their ideological enemies.

He's not a Nazi.
He's not even putting forth Nazi Propoganda.
He's not even directly facilitating said, Nazi propoganda.
His "crime" is defending the facilitation of Nazi propaganda.

That's how far they'll go to get their man... talk about the logic of a kangaroo court!
Milo, the guy Jaffe is defending and insisting he be given a platform, has directly been tied to neo-nazi and white supremacist movements.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/7292...d-stephen-bannon-altright-transform-breitbart

Shmunter

Milo, the guy Jaffe is defending and insisting he be given a platform, has directly been tied to neo-nazi and white supremacist movements.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/7292...d-stephen-bannon-altright-transform-breitbart

You’re relying on Buzzfeed news, the activist sjw news feed? Milo the openly super queer man married to a black man a neo-Nazi? It’s so crazy it must be true!

Just a smear campaign. Everyone is alt right when they are not with the alt left.

Dunki

Bannon is .a neo Nazi? Do people even know the defintion of the Word Nazi?

Hint it is not this:

161.jpg

Neon Noire

Banned
You’re relying on Buzzfeed news, the activist sjw news feed? Milo the openly super queer man married to a black man a neo-Nazi? It’s so crazy it must be true!

Just a smear campaign. Everyone is alt right when they are not with the alt left.
This is just about the most disingenuous way you could respond to the very clear evidence. Attempt to discredit the source and try to obfuscate. This isn't even a /pol/ tier argument it's below that.

Shmunter

This is just about the most disingenuous way you could respond to the very clear evidence. Attempt to discredit the source and try to obfuscate. This isn't even a /pol/ tier argument it's below that.

I think the problem is the constant self morphing definition of words by the left activists. What is a Nazi? What is a white supremacist? Is Trump a Nazi?

To me that is totally ridiculous, but to the hard left it is indeed the case.

So no, Milo is not a Nazi or White supremacists by the regular definition as used in polite society, but to you he may very well be. And this in turn justifies the full force of vitriol by that measure.

Last edited:

Dunki

What evidence? You know how easy it is to fake these? And I doubt Buzzfeed would not even check it if they a real or not. They will just write the article without fact checking. Something that is pretty common these days with "modern Journalism"

Milo for the left back then was a really dangerous thing.

he is Jewish
he is gay
he has a black boyfriend

So basically everything people on the left try to "protect" or moralize as oppressed. They had NEVER any real argument against hm until the pedophile part. And that what made him so visible. After Berkley even in Germany he got articles which saw him as a the victim. It was a total different picture. The thing I can say about Milo that he was a troll and he loved to stir up the other side with his comments like Feminism is Cancer or his faggot tour.

Last edited:

Neon Noire

Banned
I think the problem is the constant self morphing definition of words by the left activists. What is a Nazi? What is a white supremacist? Is Trump a Nazi?

To me that is totally ridiculous, but to the hard left it is indeed the case.

So no, Milo is not a Nazi or White supremacists by the regular definition as used in polite society, but to you he may very well be. And this in turn justifies the full force of vitriol by that measure.
Well the alt right as defined by Richard Spencer(someone Milo likes to hang around and sing songs with) is an ethnonationalist movement that seeks to transform America, or parts of it, into a white ethnostate. Does that qualify as nazi tier shit?

Ogbert

The problem with America, or, rather, American youth, is that they have no sense of the Absurd.

Milo is a rather standard Oxbridge wally. We have quite a few of them in the UK. In another life, he would have got involved in musical theatre.

The only place he could exist is America because his taste is for pantomime politics.

Neon Noire

Banned
The problem with America, or, rather, American youth, is that they have no sense of the Absurd.

Milo is a rather standard Oxbridge wally. We have quite a few of them in the UK. In another life, he would have got involved in musical theatre.

The only place he could exist is America because his taste is for pantomime politics.
You're right I forgot it's impossible for someone to present themselves as something else in public than they are in private my bad.

Dunki

Well the alt right as defined by Richard Spencer(someone Milo likes to hang around and sing songs with) is an ethnonationalist movement that seeks to transform America, or parts of it, into a white ethnostate. Does that qualify as nazi tier shit?
Just because he hangs out with people does not mean they share the same views and ideologies. I also hang out with people who are feminists even though I thik modern feminism the more dangerous to society than the small amount of Nazis. Seriously. If you listen to Milo you know exactly what he wants and why he thinks that the Islam for example is fucking scary to him has a gay jewish person.

Shmunter

I'm not here changing minds, my opinions are my own based on my own journey, one where I'm consciously stepping outside of a potential echo chamber. But as hard as I try I'm yet to find a compelling argument, facts, figures, anything that gives SJW's any sort of credibility. I welcome and promise to look at anything that you or anyone can provide to make me see things a different way.

So just for clarity, and you are welcome to not engage. My Q to you is; is Trump a white supremacists, and those that vote for him racists?

Ogbert

You're right I forgot it's impossible for someone to present themselves as something else in public than they are in private my bad.

Do you think he presents himself as a flamboayant homosexual in public, but in private is a devout Nazi, ininhaling racial purity propoganda and reciting Mein Kampf?

Intriguing. We must remain ever vigilant.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Not the point. You defend the "bad" guy's right to speak, so if and when the powers that be decide that you are the "bad guy", there isn't a standing precedent for you to be gagged from making your case.

Its why even the most hardened, disgustingly unrepentant criminals are entitled to have legal advocacy.

ResetEra advocates for tyranny.

Just because they see it as a "tyranny of the righteous", its no defense, they are the ones unilaterally defining themselves in that role.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I would classify Trump as a xenophobic jingoistic buffoon. Not explicitly a white nationalist.
What would you classify someone as who has nothing better to do than go on a video game forum and make post after post spouting the same brainwashed alt-left NPC bullshit over and over again?

Neon Noire

Banned
Nobody is denying him the right to speak. Private platforms that previously allowed him on are now unwilling to let him use their services. The market place of ideas heard what he had to say and decided it's not worth listening to

Neon Noire

Banned
What would you classify someone as who has nothing better to do than go on a video game forum and make post after post spouting the same brainwashed alt-left NPC bullshit over and over again?
An alpha golden god with a ten incher.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nobody is denying him the right to speak. Private platforms that previously allowed him on are now unwilling to let him use their services. The market place of ideas heard what he had to say and decided it's not worth listening to

Deplatforming is an euphemistic term for denial of free speech. Arguing otherwise Is like saying death by a thousand cuts isn't execution.

Dunki

I would classify Trump as a xenophobic jingoistic buffoon. Not explicitly a white nationalist.
which is called a Nationalist. I do not even think he is xenophobic. He is highly anti Islam for reasons also because people in his family are jewish as well

Ogbert

Not the point. You defend the "bad" guy's right to speak, so if and when the powers that be decide that you are the "bad guy", there isn't a standing precedent for you to be gagged from making your case.

The problem we have at the moment is that a small number of private companies control the lion's share of public discourse.

Resetera are quite correct that a private company has no requirement to tolerate any given type of speech. They are allowed to define their parameters, within the law. Unfortunately, those parameters are being defined, more and more, by a gaggle of wet liberal Californian softcocks, who are supressing a good deal of bog standard conservative and right wing thought.

Milo, for example, is an utterly trite, camp pantomime wally. Anyone with a basic grasp of human communication would realise he's in it for the applause. The idea that he is propogating hate speech is farcical.

We need regulation. Take something like the 'open banking' provisions. The EU has stepped in to say to Banks that they have to allow individuals, even those with difficult fiscal backgrounds, to have access to basic banking provisions - accounts, Cards etc. It's an example of the Government saying to private organisations that they have to open their doors.

We need the same for the internet.

Fuz

Banned
Hey, I'm annoyed by forum too, where's my spotlight?
Really? Weird, that is a very "left" thing to do (and I agree with the sentiment, btw). Can you link it? I'm curious.

Last edited:

Neon Noire

Banned
Deplatforming is an euphemistic term for denial of free speech. Arguing otherwise Is like saying death by a thousand cuts isn't execution.
No it's not. Deplatforming literally means denying someone a platform. Free speech as defined by law just means the government can't silence you. Nothing to do with a private platform literally being forced to have you on.

Fuz

Banned

Correction: not atheism but laicism.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Resetera are quite correct that a private company has no requirement to tolerate any given type of speech

This is a red herring. Right wing, particularly religious-right leading groups have always used economic lobbying tactics to enforce there censorious views. Obvious examples are Brent Bozell's PTC against WWF in 2001, but you can find plenty more.

South Park fucking nailed this with the Mothers/Millennials against Canada bit last season.

No it's not. Deplatforming literally means denying someone a platform. Free speech as defined by law just means the government can't silence you. Nothing to do with a private platform literally being forced to have you on.

Yes it is, for the exact reason outlined above. Its the exact tactic employed by the religious right, so if you are comfortable with one, you should be fine and dandy with both. Personally I despise both equally.

Last edited:

Neon Noire

Banned
No, that's incorrect.

The Market Place liked him. He was very popular.

The owners of the Market decided they didn't like him.
Well he got all his funding cut by his right wing think tank funders. His colleagues at breitbart were threatening to resign if he is not fired. His audience shrunk to the point he was whining about it on Facebook. Conservatives everywhere were losing their shit after the pedo stuff came out.

Dunki

Is that why Berkley now has to pay for silencing conservatives on their campus? This is not how it works....

The believe that only the government can silence and censor people is utterly naive. Social media today is the most effective way to silence people and censor products.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Well he got all his funding cut by his right wing think tank funders. His colleagues at breitbart were threatening to resign if he is not fired.

I can't speak to the former, but the latter would have been covered by his employment contract. Just as I agree with ArenaNet firing Jessica Price, a company is obviously more than entitled to consider the conduct of its employees and act as it sees fit (within the law).

Coming back to Twitter and Facebook, our problem is that these companies are such monoliths they are no longer just *private* entities. They are public giants that control the flow of information. As such, I think speech on those platforms should only be limited by common law principles of calls to violence.

Alex Jones being an absolute prat about gay frogs should not only be tolterated, but actively encouraged.

The internet is the WIld West and it should be cherished as such.

Top Bottom