• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dawn Of War 2 Confirmed! The Immortal Emperor Be Praised!

Mindlog

TemplaerDude said:
oh right because rock paper scissors is just the be all end all rts design.

facepalm sigh >:\

Why do stalwarts of dogma have to keep going on with this inane bullshit obvious truth. To believe that SC2 isn't going to be complex and that its current iteration doesn't have the subtleties of DoW or CoH, well keep thinking that @_@

Christ, console threads always have the durr durr, my favorite platform crowd. You'd think PC threads would have a little more dignity.

DoW 2 = awesome

SC2 = awesome

This thread = DoW 2.

More DoW 2 info please.

Mindlog

pfft, want excitement?

try balancing yourself on a high horse! thing's trying to kill me, and it's about to visit the glue factory.

So what this is telling me is that when Company of Heroes 2 comes out in 3 years it will look better then Crysis. Guess its time to upgrade the old pc with my big fat government rebate check.

Great is it time to get Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiista yet seems this would be worth it to see the eye candy in the new engine. I have to say COH already looks amazing i don't know how they are going to top themselves. i want to see leaked photo copies damns it.

Decado

Minsc said:
If every RTS were like CoH, they'd be boring. Let them be unique, DoW is different from the others, but you're certainly titled to your opinion, I know I have mine :D Either way, DoW 2 does sound different than the first. I'm curious to see screens and also videos.
True...but all other RTS games seem pretty much the same, to me. I'd take a clone of CoH over the 10000th "traditional" RTS, any day.

Check out the two points above that one... the bit about over the top animations, yeah. Fear not, limbs will be flying.
Cool.

Tendo

This is the game to make me install vista to take advantage of my 8800. Probably get a bigger processor and 2 more gigs of ram as well :) Thats the only benefit of it being a year + off.

Matt_A

*Edit* - Yes, I was not thinking posting copyrighted images here. I read so many forums, I sometimes I forget which forum I'm on

vilmer_

SHIT. I thought this thread said "Dead Rising 2! The Immortal Emperor (Frank West) Be Praised"! One tomany beverages tonight,

/leaves thread quietly

Gasgul

interesting on the 6 count on squads,

from all reports i will be dousing myself in purple body paint and heading for a smart cocktail at Mr.Fister's when this comes out,

re:slanesh

YES! Sounds awesome.
thumbs.gif

Waaagh!
choppa.gif

SupahBlah said:
ER WE GO ER WE GO ER WE GO
cheers.gif

VaLiancY

This Warhammer you people speak off, I'm intrigued by it. Its art, its designs, especially those warships of dreadnought scale tickle my fancy. I shall Wikipedia and Deviantart it, then I will be enlighten and after the enlightenment shall come fanatic or admirer of it.

:lol

I am pretty hyped for this whole thing.

Ventrue said:
Only 6 squads makes me like the sound of this. I really suck at multitasking.

What :? Thats the only thing that sounds like it really sucks.

With 6 squads only your army is pretty much just going to be one small blob that travels together =(

Druz said:
I would argue Relic has a bigger challenge balancing COH than the relatively safe rock paper scissor blizzard games. FANBOY ARGUEMENT COMMENCE.

People who think like this have no idea about the actual depth of balancing behind Starcraft.

"RPS" my ass... counters are much harder in the DoW/CoH series if anything.

TemplaerDude said:
oh right because rock paper scissors is just the be all end all rts design.

Starcraft isn't Rock Paper Scissors any more than DoW is. If anything its less.

In fact, all infantry is just about useless against Vehicles in DoW, unless of course theyre AV infantry, in which case they own Vehicles. Etc.

On the other hand, no matter the damage/armor system in SC, almost all "counter pairs" are soft counters dependent on the tactical control and upgrade levels and various other factors. Are mutalisks a counter to m&m or vice versa? Theres no answer because it depends on several other factors. And there isn't the convenient division of everything into vehicles vs infantry.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
FieryBalrog said:
I am pretty hyped for this whole thing.

What :? Thats the only thing that sounds like it really sucks.

With 6 squads only your army is pretty much just going to be one small blob that travels together =(

People who think like this have no idea about the actual depth of balancing behind Starcraft.

"RPS" my ass... counters are much harder in the DoW/CoH series if anything.

Have you played Company of Heroes, you generally don't have more then that on the field at any time and it's a far cry from one small blob.

I also assume that those squads are infantry, vehicles are probably separate as they were in the first game.

Xapati

FieryBalrog said:

In fact, all infantry is just about useless against Vehicles in DoW, unless of course theyre AV infantry, in which case they own Vehicles. Etc.

On the other hand, no matter the damage/armor system in SC, almost all "counter pairs" are soft counters dependent on the tactical control and upgrade levels and various other factors. Are mutalisks a counter to m&m or vice versa? Theres no answer because it depends on several other factors. And there isn't the convenient division of everything into vehicles vs infantry.

They're freakin vehicals, it makes sense you need specific weapons to destroy them.

Minsc

Gold Member
Gimme, gimme, gimme!

I want real screenshots, moire patterns begone! Also, holy shit!!!! Looks nothing like "only six squads," I'm curious to see the first in-depth preview.

syllogism

Hooker said:
Ok, I want in... Where can I see these 'amazing' screenshots?!?
I've seen the scans and I wouldn't exactly characterize them as 'amazing'. Looks good, but the images are pretty small.

Durante

syllogism said:
I've seen the scans and I wouldn't exactly characterize them as 'amazing'. Looks good, but the images are pretty small.
I agree, after reading this thread seeing them was a bit anticlimactic.

Minsc

Gold Member
Durante said:
I agree, after reading this thread seeing them was a bit anticlimactic.

I agree, but you have to put it all in perspective, they're scans... things are relative you know. Even the best pictures in the world tend look "ok" once you resize them to 320x240 and throw 40-50% noise over them.

The full size screens and videos will be glorious.

FieryBalrog said:

ok i'm not too sure because it's really convoluted and long, but i think you may have just described why it's more rps than any other rts.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Really, really short teaser video link edited into the OP.

nvm I need to wait for confirmation on this first....

ok confirmed, teaser's up \0/

Minsc

Gold Member
Prime crotch said:
I really hope the specs aren't much higher than CoH, after seeing those pictures.

The release is still a year off, of course the specs are going to be higher. I'm not sure if you're trying to say the pictures looked no better than CoH, it's way too soon to be judging graphics.

BfME runs of a tweaked Generals engine, there's plenty of time for them to turn it up a few notches.

Jenga

Banned
Damn, all these new details with just the Orkz and Space Marines. Imagine how the Tyranids or IG will look. I'd imagine the tyranids would get random tentacles torn off rather than Battle Armor in melee.

Minsc said:
The release is still a year off, of course the specs are going to be higher. I'm not sure if you're trying to say the pictures looked no better than CoH, it's way too soon to be judging graphics.

BfME runs of a tweaked Generals engine, there's plenty of time for them to turn it up a few notches.
It looks amazing but I don't know. Relic has already got some backlash from CoH high requirements and making DoW2 requirements that much higher than CoH's doesn't seem a good idea.

Echoes

Looking forward to it, but I need to get Soulstorm first.

Umm.. err.. is it ok to post the scans? I have them on my server but I'm not sure if it's ok.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Echoes said:
Looking forward to it, but I need to get Soulstorm first.

Umm.. err.. is it ok to post the scans? I have them on my server but I'm not sure if it's ok.

No, it isn't okay.

Top Bottom