• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Day of Infamy - 5th Anniversary Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Day of Infamy is a multiplayer tactical simulation first-person shooter video game developed and published by New World Interactive set during the events of World War II in the European Theater.[1][2] It is a standalone to the Day of Infamy mod released for their previous title, Insurgency. Day of Infamy uses Valve's Source engine.[3][4] The game was released for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux on March 23, 2017.[5][6]

There are various maps in this game, all of which are based around the western front conflicts of 1940-1945. The final update for the game was released on the 21st of December, 2017. After that, community efforts like Screaming Steel 1914-1918 were last updated in August 2019.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
No one plays this one unfortunately.

Yeah it's not played these days, shame because it really is just Day of Defeat : Source but not shit.

For those out of the Loop Day of Defeat was a popular Half-Life mod, eventually much like Counter Strike it got a boxed release and became part of the valve library. Once Half-Life 2 launched many where excited for updated versions of the original Half-Life multiplayer components, this resulted in Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike Source and Day of Defeat Source, with the latter two both being let downs for the communities. Counter Strike eventually got fixed with Global Offensive but Day of Defeat Source was the worst of the 3 by a country mile and never got touched by Valve again.

So along come the insurgency crew and essentially remake Day of Defeat in the Source engine... but it was good, sadly not good enough to retain players it seems with Day of Infamy. The game is like insurgency is a squad based tactical shooter, but with more of an arcade slant towards fast engaging action. When you can get a game it's really really good, and feels like one of those games you don't see alot of anymore.

Last edited:

Sybrix

This game would usually be right up my street.

However i discovered Hell Let Loose.... its the best WW2 FPS i've ever played .

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
This game would usually be right up my street.

However i discovered Hell Let Loose.... its the best WW2 FPS i've ever played .
These guys make simcade fps games. It plays more like Insurgency than Hell Let Loose(~sim) or Battlefield(arcade).

VN1X

Banned
Wow, I've put in about 130 hours into this and I'm surprised to be reading about it in 2022 hehe.

It's pretty much dead these days but if this trailer can give us one last hurrah this weekend then I'll definitely jump on board!

Thanks for the share.

Top Bottom