• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone Collector's Edition Revealed

Bullet Club

b1cYlo6.jpg

Ok, looks this gm deffo on the track for a release and zero delays.

I'm just patiently waiting for something like that when they announce for CyberPunnk, so I know release it's just around the corner.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looks fine but like all collectors editions it’ll be %80 off within 6 months of release, leaving day-1 buyers feeling dumb.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looks fine but like all collectors editions it’ll be %80 off within 6 months of release, leaving day-1 buyers feeling dumb.

Or maybe people just don't care about that since they want to play the game day 1, and not 6 months later.

You can say that for all games in general, not just collector's editions.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
The standard edtition box art look really nice

makes me want to get a real bike for my own

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
Nothing special just a comparison between the alpha version shown at gameinformer and the current version :messenger_winking:

Terenty

I dunno why everybody shits on this game, seems like an old school game with the focus on GAMEPLAY rather than on telling some shitty story and graphics everything else be damned

Last edited:

Isa

Don't know if I'll go for the Collector's Edition, I haven't splurged on one in a long while. But I'm still excited for day 1, though it still seems so far away. Looking forward to seeing what Bend has managed to deliver.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Honest question: is anyone actually collecting these statue / figurines that are included in CEs? There is a huge mismatch of quality from title to title, they're not aesthetically similar to each other, so I can't imagine how you could even display these without it just looking tacky.

lifa-cobex

Honest question: is anyone actually collecting these statue / figurines that are included in CEs? There is a huge mismatch of quality from title to title, they're not aesthetically similar to each other, so I can't imagine how you could even display these without it just looking tacky.
I bought the Dark Souls 2 special addition which came with the big duel wielding knight.

It really does look crap up close.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would say there are lots of people in to collecting figure/statue but they usually buy the high quality ones. You can't really expect this type of quality in game's CE edition.
WF2018Sflare21_thumb.jpg

b94388cfa5640a53e557ad2f7445ec41.jpg

Last edited:

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"

I'm often confused by people snapping up collector's edition versions of games that aren't really all that special. This isn't the triumphant return of a classic series, or a tremendously hyped game that everyone is champing at the bit to try... it's a new series with unproven quality. I think I could live without a statuette and an art book.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I would say there are lots of people in to collecting figure/statue but they usually buy the high quality ones. You can't really expect this type of quality in game's CE edition.

This was my thought as well - if a game is special to you, you're probably better off spending the money on a high quality collectible rather than the mass-produced stuff that typically gets tossed in with these CEs.

I guess it's just a matter of the industry maybe not understanding why people would be willing to shell out so much extra for these. Hint: it's probably not the cheap plastic figurine most of the time.

mejin

Great trailer.

But I don't really buy CEs, better to buy standard version and get another game.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This game is actually starting to shape up into something decent. I'm still not sure about it, but those vista shots were nice!

EDMIX

? ok, those buying it day 1 I'm pretty sure know things get cheaper over time. That isn't a new concept....

JimiNutz

Banned
This game seems to get a lot of hate and I'm not entirely sure why. I hear a lot of people say that it looks bland but what's bland about massive hordes of zombies (including zombie animals) chasing you down? Seems like the gameplay will be pretty intense?

Also seems like there's a fair bit of variety in terms of the environments based on this trailer and I'm sure you'll fight against human enemies as well? The open world should be quite fun to drive around on with a motorbike as well?

I dunno game seems like it'll actually be a lot of fun and I can't see how it's especially bland. What other games are out there like this?

bitbydeath

This game seems to get a lot of hate and I'm not entirely sure why. I hear a lot of people say that it looks bland but what's bland about massive hordes of zombies (including zombie animals) chasing you down? Seems like the gameplay will be pretty intense?

Also seems like there's a fair bit of variety in terms of the environments based on this trailer and I'm sure you'll fight against human enemies as well? The open world should be quite fun to drive around on with a motorbike as well?

I dunno game seems like it'll actually be a lot of fun and I can't see how it's especially bland. What other games are out there like this?

I’m with you on this.
Don’t understand how RDR2 got massive hype since this is pretty much that with zombies/freakers. It’s not like there has been a lot of zombie games come out this gen.

Lucumo

Exactly. That's also the reason why I prefer to have OST/artbook/other (physical) goodies in my CE instead of some figurine.

Danjin44

Exactly. That's also the reason why I prefer to have OST/artbook/other (physical) goodies in my CE instead of some figurine.
Even with Artbooks you better off buying it on your own. You rarely get high quality Art book like this.
81FgQfWDWiL.jpg

Lucumo

Even with Artbooks you better off buying it on your own. You rarely get high quality Art book like this.
The issue here is whether a separate artbook is actually available or not. Same with the OST at times. Ideally, whatever is in the CE plays to the strengths of the game. For instance, my Ys: The Oath in Felghana first edition has lots of OSTs inside which I'm very happy about. For other games, a cloth map would make sense. Sometimes, a novel, etching out the game lore even more, is fitting. A figurine, however, never makes sense. As you said, as a collector, you want high quality and that doesn't fit in a CE because it would raise the price by a lot.

JimiNutz

Banned
i still believe this game take place in the TLOU universe.

I think Sony fucked up by not convincing both studios to go for this. Having this game in The Last or Us universe would probably lead to more sales/interest in this game and I dont think it would have any negative consequences for The Last of Us franchise either. Seems like a no brainer.

Danjin44

The issue here is whether a separate artbook is actually available or not. Same with the OST at times. Ideally, whatever is in the CE plays to the strengths of the game. For instance, my Ys: The Oath in Felghana first edition has lots of OSTs inside which I'm very happy about. For other games, a cloth map would make sense. Sometimes, a novel, etching out the game lore even more, is fitting. A figurine, however, never makes sense. As you said, as a collector, you want high quality and that doesn't fit in a CE because it would raise the price by a lot.
Can you imagine if One Piece World seeker had this statue for its CE Edition?
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom