• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone Collector's Edition Revealed

TeamGhobad

Banned
Not really, the only thing I would say it similar is that its apocalypse with lot of vegetations, thats it.

oh c'mon the game looks practically identical.

I think Sony fucked up by not convincing both studios to go for this. Having this game in The Last or Us universe would probably lead to more sales/interest in this game and I dont think it would have any negative consequences for The Last of Us franchise either. Seems like a no brainer.

not too late, we could have a surprise ending where we see ellie and joel have cameos.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
^ wtf is that
well if you haven't watched/read One piece its...

Luffy's fourth gear
fdd9fee859b86971eadb1f4ffe331494.jpg
oh c'mon the game looks practically identical.

If you think all apocalypse with vegetations looked the same then sure.

Last edited:

Lucumo

Can you imagine if One Piece World seeker had this statue for its CE Edition?
Hahaha, imagine kids trying to carry the CE from a store to somewhere (not that they would be able to afford it anyway, unless the parents buy everything).

This game looks dope. Whoever playing it down as "generic zombie game" must be joking, honestly. 82 MC at the very least. I cannot see why this is similar to TLOU2 being an open world game and the other one, linear. 2 different experiences. It is a mistake that this doesnt have a multiplayer mode but I take it Sony is fully invested in making a great story out of this.

hecatomb

Banned
Is this just a Last of Us clone from Sony?
made by the same company that made last of us. So does that mean that Nintendo can't make anymore Mario games? Does that mean Bungie can't make anymore sci-fi-fi games?

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
The pre order just went live on the UK PSN and it's £65! That's alot more than other base games. That kind of money usually includes the season pass.

As much as I want this game it's making me think twice when no doubt it will be very cheap by the end of the year.

I'm willing to support rising costs but that is far too much.

Mr Hyde

Sub-zero hype for this one. Might grab it when it´s on sale for a buck. Or maybe wait for it to turn up as a freebie on PSN.

Dthomp

I hope this game actually surprises me and is good, but I have no hype for this game at all anymore. I barely cared about zombies when they were a big deal, couldn’t care less now though. Maybe there is a good story hidden away here that will entice me, but I’ll have to see some pretty positive reviews to pick this up early on.

mejin

That's exactly how I feel. I think it'll get like 78 on Metacritic. If it gets an 80 or more, I'll be super happy. But no way am I checking it out if it's a 69 or less.

I'm not really concerned about quality. This game doesn't have dat vibe of MS first party productions. Doesn't seem to be another The Order too since they're very focused on a lively world, on gameplay.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
pfff Days Gone. Im gonna play real games like Resident evil 2 and The last of us part II. The real GOTY in Survival Horror Genre.

Well on the bright side, Sony drops the price of their games quickly.

Do they though? I find PS4 game pricing hardly competitive compared to PC which is why I have zero interest in anything else than exclusive, in fact because of the lack of PS3 BC I refuse to buy PS4 games in digital sales (fuck me once, you're the asshole, fuck me twice, I must be fucking stupid), nor am I interested in PS+ which I unsubscribed from ages ago when I realised I don't own a copy of the games I pay the sub for and can't access them when not subscribed, which doesn't make me trust I'll be able to in the future/on PS5.

So, not even convinced by this "bright side".

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Do they though? I find PS4 game pricing hardly competitive compared to PC which is why I have zero interest in anything else than exclusive, in fact because of the lack of PS3 BC I refuse to buy PS4 games in digital sales (fuck me once, you're the asshole, fuck me twice, I must be fucking stupid), nor am I interested in PS+ which I unsubscribed from ages ago when I realised I don't own a copy of the games I pay the sub for and can't access them when not subscribed, which doesn't make me trust I'll be able to in the future/on PS5.

So, not even convinced by this "bright side".
I see them on PSN down to $20 within a year.

I see them on PSN down to $20 within a year.

Compared to PC AAA games which can either get gifted, get down to $15-10-below or even bundled, and in any case you definitely own and have access to a copy of the game...yeah Sony has not done clear-cut efforts unlike Microsoft (which I dislike) to get up to today's standard and consumer expectations...

...In fact as a Sony fan since after the Gamecube (which I loved, before Nintendo became disconnected from reality), I'm starting to feel Sony is becoming as stupid and backwards as Nintendo...

Compared to PC AAA games which can either get gifted, get down to $15-10-below or even bundled, and in any case you definitely own and have access to a copy of the game...yeah Sony has not done clear-cut efforts unlike Microsoft (which I dislike) to get up to today's standard and consumer expectations...

...In fact as a Sony fan since after the Gamecube (which I loved, before Nintendo became disconnected from reality), I'm starting to feel Sony is becoming as stupid and backwards as Nintendo...

Putting Sony price policies on par with Nintendo is flatout trolling. Why bringing PC to the conversation? Do they produce AAA exclusives with great financial risks? Do you want to discuss prices? How about VR? Seriously , if you don't like what they are showing in Days Gone that is fair enough but don't make delusional arguments like this one. You don't like it? Fine, move on.

The hating on this game is getting fucking ridiculous but I'm afraid it's just another day in the office for whatever Sony exclusive before launch.

Last edited:
Putting Sony price policies on par with Nintendo is flatout trolling. Why bringing PC to the conversation? Do they produce AAA exclusives with great financial risks? Do you want to discuss prices? How about VR? Seriously , if you don't like what they are showing in Days Gone that is fair enough but don't make delusional arguments like this one. You don't like it? Fine, move on.

The hating on this game is getting fucking ridiculous but I'm afraid it's just another day in the office for whatever Sony exclusive before launch.

Fuck that, I don't talk to people degenerate enough to be this kind of fanboy. People like this are the reason why brands are held back into misplaced confidence in being more stupid.

On another note, Days Gone being completely uninteresting because fuck the 1000th zombie game with US wood setting, nobody gives a shit about that or should have greenlit it, almost all other PS4 exclusive are very well produced and interesting enough, so there's that but Sony only hope for the future is to invest way more in that instead of closing studios and discontinuing franchises.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Fuck that, I don't talk to people degenerate enough to be this kind of fanboy. People like this are the reason why brands are held back into misplaced confidence in being more stupid.

On another note, Days Gone being completely uninteresting because fuck the 1000th zombie game with US wood setting, nobody gives a shit about that or should have greenlit it, almost all other PS4 exclusive are very well produced and interesting enough, so there's that but Sony only hope for the future is to invest way more in that instead of closing studios and discontinuing franchises.

Can you even name 5 AAA zombie games that were made this gen for PS4? (Remasters/ports don’t count)

Future

The gameplay videos never show too well. I wonder if it’s because you need to feel the intensity of the horde coming after to you to make all that decision making fun.

I don’t know why people say it doesn’t look unique because it definitely does. Maybe dead rising is close in terms of mowing through zombies, but this horde gameplay of leading zombies into traps and picking some off yourself is different from what we are used to seeing. The setting of a wrecked world is a common one but al the gameplay feels unique. It looks so unique that it’s hard to imagine the experience tbh

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The gameplay videos never show too well. I wonder if it’s because you need to feel the intensity of the horde coming after to you to make all that decision making fun.

I don’t know why people say it doesn’t look unique because it definitely does. Maybe dead rising is close in terms of mowing through zombies, but this horde gameplay of leading zombies into traps and picking some off yourself is different from what we are used to seeing. The setting of a wrecked world is a common one but al the gameplay feels unique. It looks so unique that it’s hard to imagine the experience tbh

I think being chased through the woods, especially at night when they're coming from all directions, is going to make for a really tense experience.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The pre order just went live on the UK PSN and it's £65!

You're looking at the deluxe edition. Normal is £55.

Still, I don't think this looks like it's worth £55 either. It's gonna take some convincing to get a lot of people past the idea that it's just another zombie game, 'cause that's sorta what it looks like.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Even with Artbooks you better off buying it on your own. You rarely get high quality Art book like this.
With some exceptions however. I have some Special Editions of Games mainly from PS360 gen with awesome little Artbooks included.
And when I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn almost two years ago i got a glimpse of someone opening the Limited Edition and saw that fantastic small Arbook it featured.

Of course they dont feature the same ammout of content these large ones do, however, i really love delving into the art for the game when a book is supplied with it to get the hype and immersion up.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
With some exceptions however. I have some Special Editions of Games mainly from PS360 gen with awesome little Artbooks included.
And when I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn almost two years ago i got a glimpse of someone opening the Limited Edition and saw that fantastic small Arbook it featured.

Of course they dont feature the same ammout of content these large ones do, however, i really love delving into the art for the game when a book is supplied with it to get the hype and immersion up.
True, even the Art books in CE might not as much as content as the big one it still nice thing to have. Statue in CE most of the time really low quality, so if have to choose I rather they give me Art book and soundtrack rather than statue. I rather buy high quality figures and statues myself........but with that being said I really did like the Tank in Valkyria Chronicles 4 CE.
f2308e899626409696a9098b5aa58bdf_Large.png

Hostile_18

Banned
You're looking at the deluxe edition. Normal is £55.

Still, I don't think this looks like it's worth £55 either. It's gonna take some convincing to get a lot of people past the idea that it's just another zombie game, 'cause that's sorta what it looks like.

The UK and Europe only had the deluxe edition available on the PSN until yesterday evening. A very suspicious glitch or back tracking on behalf of the publisher.

Mista

Banned
Good statue but unfortunately not going to bother with this game. I need a very long vacation from zombies games

Top Bottom