• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone Is Looking Sweet

giphy.gif

It looks great but I also just get a vibe that it’s already begging for a next gen remaster to get the max performance from the engine and those huge hordes

Zimmy68

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a Left For Dead vibe here?
The only thing missing was the zombie that explodes acid when you shoot him and it may have been in the other video.

Imtjnotu

At some point playstation big wigs stepped in to polish it up and make it a true AAA. there was alot of Meh attitudes towards the game in 2017 and 2018.

That's what I think the delay was for. Clean up the game.

The Alien

Banned
Not sure it'll ever reach 'banger' status, but looks like a real solid 1st party game with tons of replayability.

The more I see, the more I'm thinking I wanna play it.

Another solid marketing effort by Sony.

Still boring AF in every ways possible. I've looked at the video and it looks like everything I expected, which is yet and yet another backwood biker zombie game. It's completely redundant with...well the hundreds of zombie games released in the past decade, and especially the best of them which is due on the same platform, TLoUII.

Still boring AF in every ways possible. I've looked at the video and it looks like everything I expected, which is yet and yet another backwood biker zombie game. It's completely redundant with...well the hundreds of zombie games released in the past decade, and especially the best of them which is due on the same platform, TLoUII.

There are a number of Backwood Biker zombie games?

GenericUser

The hero looks like a douche and good luck selling me another generic open world zombie smasher game. Hype level = zero.

this is like the opposite of the downgrades weve all come to know and love. good on sony for allowing them to take the time and fix this game up.

I wonder if they had to outsource some work to get it up to par though. might not bode well for Bend's future.

something tells me this game was due out way earlier and it just wasnt up to snuff with fans/first party exclusive expectations so had to get reworked many times over.

Last edited:

FranXico

It's looking better. I hope they also worked a bit more on the gameplay.
If they pull it off, this game could be to action survival horror what MGSV is to stealth. That would be impressive on its own right.

DonF

60 fps trailer...I always consider console* games to be 30 fps unless stated otherwise.

Now, sony is known to show some trailers running at 60 and then the final game turns 30 fps (uncharted 3)... still, this looks interesenting. Good thing they delayed it, I can see the results.

Last edited:

Venuspower

After the initial Trailer I was really hyped for this game.
After I saw the Game Informer coverage I was like: Mehh.
But the most recent trailers are looking really good again.
A lot of things seem to have improved.
I guess I will buy Days Gone on Day 1.

this is like the opposite of the downgrades weve all come to know and love. good on sony for allowing them to take the time and fix this game up.

I wonder if they had to outsource some work to get it up to par though. might not bode well for Bend's future.

something tells me this game was due out way earlier and it just wasnt up to snuff with fans/first party exclusive expectations so had to get reworked many times over.
December 29th 2017 to be exact, thanks to a booboo on Sony's part.
https://www.gamepur.com/news/26992-days-gone-release-date.html

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I remember the first video shown I think at E3 where he had like 500 zombies after him. Is that still in the game?

JimiNutz

Banned
60fps trailers for a game that would probably struggle to hit a consistent 30fps.

I was hoping that there would be a 'performance' mode on the Pro for improved framerate but apparently the only benefit on Pro will be increased resolution.

Game looks awesome either way but I do hope the framerate doesn't dip too severely when these massive hordes attack.

I was hoping that there would be a 'performance' mode on the Pro for improved framerate but apparently the only benefit on Pro will be increased resolution.

Game looks awesome either way but I do hope the framerate doesn't dip too severely when these massive hordes attack.

Just going off what I have seen of the game I figured that current-gen CPUs couldn't handle this engine at 60 FPS.

Begs for a next-gen refresh, IMO

JimiNutz

Banned
Just going off what I have seen of the game I figured that current-gen CPUs couldn't handle this engine at 60 FPS.

Begs for a next-gen refresh, IMO

Yeah 60 FPS is probably a lot to ask for but do we expect a locked 30 FPS? I'm expecting the game will dip even targeting 30 FPS so it'd be cool if the Pro was able to lock it at 30 FPS and keep the resolution at 1080p in a performance mode (assuming that the framerate will not actually be a solid 30 FPS).

Gamernyc78

Banned
I was always in and imo it always looked good. Alot of ppl were hating just because it was another zombie game (and thts ok if you feel tht way). Shit look good and I'm in day one. Have a feeling the environments are going to be top notch as well as the gunplay.

No one else burnt out on open world now and just find them.. daunting?

I got Horizon next to me and can not find it in me to put the disk in.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Still a pass for me. But its great that PS4 players have so many options and consistently get first party games year-round.

Inviusx

Performance is still a concern for me, looked really choppy in those PAX videos from a few weeks back.

If that gets ironed out I'll get it on day 2 or 3.

Top Bottom