• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone Is Looking Sweet

thelastword

Banned
Indeed it is, Uhmmm yes, it does look amazing.....

Funny enough, all the games people said looked; mediocre (1886), coridoor racer (DC)....I enjoyed thoroughly. Even before Days Gone got the extra time and polish, and of course, prior to the people who were not on board and who are now.....There was always something about Days Gone that just jived with me, It's basic gameplay elements, it's premise and world always gave me a feeling that there would be a great sense of discovery....Notwithstanding danger and survival, because taking on these hordes always looked so intense.....

I don't like the art direction nor the setting but the game looks great and meets the high standard we should expect of every AAA nowadays,. Whether or not it will turn out a great game remains to be seen, but its gonna sell a lot, that's for sure. I do expect Horizon Zero Dawn kind of reception.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This looks fun. Still don't have a good sense of how the open world will be though.

Hobbesian

Banned
This game is coming out at the wrong time. The zombie space is starting to feel too saturated at the moment for a new IP. Resident Evil 2 just released and The Last of Us II already has my heart in terms of gritty survivalism and fast zombies. Day Gone always looked quality to me, but it was always going to be a hard pass due to not wanting to gag myself on the genre before TLoU2 releases, which I consider to be the crown jewel.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The hero looks like a douche and good luck selling me another generic open world zombie smasher game. Hype level = zero.

Watch your mouth on how you talk about Starkiller/Maul/Palps!

The hero looks just like the actor himself, and I really dig his look personally. But I may have some biases through my childhood with that.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Oh boy, another one of these threads hopelessly trying to convince people that the game is looking good.
Ha!, maybe because it does look good and it's a games forum where we discuss games, which last I checked, it is as well.......TBF, there were many threads started where people just literally came to take a dump on the game and such threads went of course....Even folk who were a bit on the backburner are now on the front, so I don't see the issue.......We want games to launch in a better state and we want more persons to play them, no? It's all our hobby after-all., right?...

I was always in and imo it always looked good. Alot of ppl were hating just because it was another zombie game (and thts ok if you feel tht way). Shit look good and I'm in day one. Have a feeling the environments are going to be top notch as well as the gunplay.

That's exactly what I think. I just remember everyone being like, "zombies again, really?" I know the genre's been done to death, but honestly I couldn't care less if I get a fabulous game out of it. I never had a huge attraction to the zombie/apocalyptic craze to begin with, but these genres do have a lot of relevance in our times, and they've grown on me.

Gamernyc78

Banned
That's exactly what I think. I just remember everyone being like, "zombies again, really?" I know the genre's been done to death, but honestly I couldn't care less if I get a fabulous game out of it. I never had a huge attraction to the zombie/apocalyptic craze to begin with, but these genres do have a lot of relevance in our times, and they've grown on me.

I am a zombie fanatic to the point I've seen 28 weeks/days later about 10 times lol. I love a well made zombie game so hopefully this is one of them. I loved Tlou and Days Gone.

I am a zombie fanatic to the point I've seen 28 weeks/days later about 10 times lol. I love a well made zombie game so hopefully this is one of them. I loved Tlou and Days Gone.

Rather ridiculously, I still haven't seen 28 Days/Weeks--I really need to get on that. I also adore TLOU.

manfestival

Oh, boy, another one of these posts hopelessly trying to convince people with eyes they can't trust them. :)
Oh the cutesy copy another job in mockery but cant even do it right.
Ha!, maybe because it does look good and it's a games forum where we discuss games, which last I checked, it is as well.......TBF, there were many threads started where people just literally came to take a dump on the game and such threads went of course....Even folk who were a bit on the backburner are now on the front, so I don't see the issue.......We want games to launch in a better state and we want more persons to play them, no? It's all our hobby after-all., right?...
Nobody said anything anti discussion bruh. Also that stuff just sounds like you convinced yourself of these things just to make a counter point. The game definitely looks better but no duh... that should be a given considering more time in development. Doesn't make the game any more interesting.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It looks like a gameplay focused Zombie game that TLoU should have been. Plus after RE2R, I am in the mood for more zombies.

Looks good to me. Damn good, even.

Sure does

giphy.gif

As long as the gameplay holds up this should be a big hit

thelastword

Banned
Oh the cutesy copy another job in mockery but cant even do it right.

Nobody said anything anti discussion bruh. Also that stuff just sounds like you convinced yourself of these things just to make a counter point. The game definitely looks better but no duh... that should be a given considering more time in development. Doesn't make the game any more interesting.
That's fair, I guess not everybody will like a game, it happens....

Grinchy

Banned
I'm not overly hyped, but those videos showing the different zombie types and the bike upkeep made it sound way more interesting to me than it ever did before.

GenericUser

Watch your mouth on how you talk about Starkiller/Maul/Palps!

The hero looks just like the actor himself, and I really dig his look personally. But I may have some biases through my childhood with that.

I'm not from the best country in the world, so I didn't even know the looks of him were based on a real actor. Still looking like someone straight from the PS3 generation.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm not from the best country in the world, so I didn't even know the looks of him were based on a real actor. Still looking like someone straight from the PS3 generation.

He was Starkiller in The Force Unleashed games, and this does give me vibes of Sons of Anarchy, meets The Walking Dead, meets 28 Days Later, meets World War Z. So maybe that's why?

I can see it not appealing to everyone though.

I was only being sarcastic with that first sentence in my original post.

Last edited:

TechS3ek

Neo Member
until they show some real story and depth to the game's narrative and direction, this is like a Dead Rising without the "fun" factor. so far this isn't a $60 game to me.

I think he means the design, not the technical aspect, or at least I hope he does.

I also feel the main character looks very bland and generic. However about the game, I did not have much interest in it based on what I had seen earlier but the videos posted in the OP got my attention. The game and world looks much better now. I will surely buy it.

Phobia

The game looks both great and fun to me. Saying the character looks bland is a super burn on Darth Maul though. Brutal.

Gameplay also looks pretty fun, but no real way to know until I get my hands on it. Still, looking forward to this. I love me a solid single player campaign.

Top Bottom