• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone Is Looking Sweet

Yeah a lot of people keep holding onto that KZ2 fake 2006 trailer but the actual gameplay looks even better. Main difference was obviously the camera angles. But the animations of crew and Helghast was off the roof.

bitbydeath

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the very first Killzone 2 trailer that was 100% cgi.

Yeah, it was CGI of what they were aiming for and they beat it graphically. It was the AI that was the really outstanding part of the trailer and it most certainly did not live up there.

Stuart360

Yeah, it was CGI of what they were aiming for and they beat it graphically. It was the AI that was the really outstanding part of the trailer and it most certainly did not live up there.
Lol no, this is the cgi trailer -

I think you must be thinking of the E3 2007 trailer vs retial, both were on actual PS3 hardware -

bitbydeath

Lol no, this is the cgi trailer -

I think you must be thinking of the E3 2007 trailer vs retial, both were on actual PS3 hardware -

I know, even the comments mention how the final retail version is better from a graphical perspective. Killzone 3 looked better than 2 as well. GG are a really talented team.

Stuart360

I know, even the comments mention how the final retail version is better from a graphical perspective. Killzone 3 looked better than 2 as well. GG are a really talented team.
Come on man, why do you trhink Gamingbolt did a video specualting what specs PS5 would need to do that cgi trailer in real time?. The poly counts, textures, effects, and especially animation is far beyond what consoles can do this gen, nevermind last gen.

bitbydeath

Come on man, why do you trhink Gamingbolt did a video specualting what specs PS5 would need to do that cgi trailer in real time?. The poly counts, textures, effects, and especially animation is far beyond what consoles can do this gen, nevermind last gen.

Cause they’re gamingbolt?

Here’s an image comparison, the images on the right is the final build while the left was the E305 trailer.

images

You can see a lot more effects in the final build which makes the graphics look better overall.

Stuart360

Dude why do you tyhink that trailer is so infamous?, next you will be saying MotorStorm looked better than the MotorStorm E3 2005 cgi trailer.
Killzone 2 on PS3 was FAR behind the cgi trailer. Why do you think people always talk about Sony and the infamous cgi trailers from E3 2005?
I give up.

bitbydeath

Dude why do you tyhink that trailer is so infamous?, next you will be saying MotorStorm looked better than the MotorStorm E3 2005 cgi trailer.
Killzone 2 on PS3 was FAR behind the cgi trailer. Why do you think people always talk about Sony and the infamous cgi trailers from E3 2005?
I give up.

Well the proof is above. It looks better right?
The gun, the lighting, the colour palette, the textures, everything looks better.

Motorstorm obviously didn’t look better, I was hoping we’d get that this gen.

Last edited:

hivsteak

Is this Red Dead 2: Undead Nightmare? Days Gone is too homogenized for its own good. I hope it plays well enough.

renzolama

I keep forgetting that Killzone is a franchise as it was so forgettable, same with Resistance.

The characters/story were forgettable but the combat/shooting was fantastic, so different from everything else then or now. Getting used to the input latency / 'heavyness' took a while but once I did I found them to be FPS experiences unlike anything else I've played since. I'd much rather have had another good killzone game then Horizon Zero Dawn or its obvious dozen sequels we can now expect.

Edit: except Rico, he's unforgettable by way of being the most obnoxious, unlikeable video game character of all time

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Meh, it’s not going to change our social structure or reform criminals, so it’s not good enough.

Maybe they should make it in Dreams instead. Then it could do those things,

hecatomb

Banned
Killzones multi player was pretty fun, its just some of the maps were really bad and completely boring. I think though theres always going to be Sony haters, Nintendo haters, and Microsoft haters, no matter what game comes out. The haters come out of the wood works, and act like little pessimistic cry babies.

Ogbert

Do you like open world games?

I don’t mind them, as long as the core gameplay loop is satisfying. So I really enjoyed BoTW and Horizon. Whereas Red Dead’s crappy controls put me off.

I think this looks like the gunplay might be pretty average. Still, might turn out to be good.

mckmas8808

Banned
I think it’s a story trailer that introduces the virus to the world at their wedding.

He’s been grieving for her in previous trailers so I’d imagine she won’t make it through.

Yo! This is amazing if you are correct. I swear I thought this was for a friend of yours wedding that work at Sony on Playstation stuff lol.

LOL I literally had no idea. I thought he was posting in the wrong thread

Me too! If this is how they sell me the story, I'm ALLLLL in!!! Please be good.....please be good.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Ah yes! I remember her now. Now I'm starting to wish that the story either has many flashbacks of them "before" the virus hit or we spend some time with her in the game (at the beginning) when she was alive.

Yeah, I wouldn’t mind the TLOU approach where you start off as her getting ready for the wedding.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ah yes! I remember her now. Now I'm starting to wish that the story either has many flashbacks of them "before" the virus hit or we spend some time with her in the game (at the beginning) when she was alive.

I could have sworn I read that there will be flashbacks during the game probably similar to The Walking Dead, and other types of shows in that narrative. Also I believe there are multiple endings.

bitbydeath

I don’t mind them, as long as the core gameplay loop is satisfying. So I really enjoyed BoTW and Horizon. Whereas Red Dead’s crappy controls put me off.

I think this looks like the gunplay might be pretty average. Still, might turn out to be good.

Sonys allowed the game to have over a years worth of polish and is going big on marketing. They don’t do this with all their first party titles.

They’ve clearly put their rubber stamp of approval on it already otherwise it’d be sent out to die like The Order 1886.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Sonys allowed the game to have over a years worth of polish and is going big on marketing. They don’t do this with all their first party titles.

They’ve clearly put their rubber stamp of approval on it already otherwise it’d be sent out to die like The Order 1886.

I just think that Sony have decided every game they put out has to be polished. I still think, because the PS4 was selling so well just on brand alone, Sony took the decision to push release dates back 6 months to a year to give the dev teams breathing room and to allow for them to polish them further.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I just think that Sony have decided every game they put out has to be polished. I still think, because the PS4 was selling so well just on brand alone, Sony took the decision to push release dates back 6 months to a year to give the dev teams breathing room and to allow for them to polish them further.

I wish the Tomorrow Children saw the same funding and advertisement. Loved that game.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I wish the Tomorrow Children saw the same funding and advertisement. Loved that game.

I think it's tone let it down. If they'd have made the characters less angular, changed the ground to green (representing grass) and used a less 'political' theme, I reckon it would have done better. It just felt oppressive in nature which to me overshadowed the fun aspects.

mckmas8808

Banned

The graphics in Tomorrow Children are under-rated amazing! The R&D the Sony teams are doing and sharing is probably some of the best on Planet Earth when it comes to video games.

Top Bottom