• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone - Non-spoilery gameplay - Lookin Good

God Enel

Why are they always filling their screens with numbers. 50xp for each kill yeah.

Though the game does look nice.

Looks OK. I liked the previous videos better. The repeated dialogue "he killed them" already annoyed me in this short 5 min. clip. Not sure how I will feel if this is the most repeated stuff in the whole game. The gunplay seems average at best.

Ar¢tos

Nice write up astroturfer Bend PR person.

Looks OK still but maybe your next video will sway me.
Seriously?
Someone posts a gameplay video and says it looks nice and suddenly he/she is an astroturfer Pr person for the studio?
You must have serious issues... That comment was unnecessary.
Why are you even posting in a thread for a game you are not interested in?

Mista

Banned
The game looks alright but it’s still generic to me. I like Sony exclusives but I’m tired of this setting so probably going to pass.

I know a guy, reviewer who is currently playing the game. Obviously he cant say anything but all he could say was that the game is way on the positive side. Once the reviews start hitting the streets, BEND gave them clear instructions what specifically not to reveal to players even though they are important story elements and mechanics. My guess is, something big changes mid point and they dont want to ruin the surprise.

Remember Quake 4 reveal...and then they showed how mid game you will be turned into a Strogg? Like wtf, I wanted to find that out for myself.

mejin

this is a classic situation where later we remember why the hate in gaming forums mean nothing.

ANIMAL1975

Now a thread about sharing good impressions, and/or hype about a new game that is about to be released is... astroturfing?
I thought we were in this hobby for the gamez...

Airbus Jr

Banned

tenor.gif

Verdanth

Looking good Daryl.

I supposed its because of the difficulty setting used in the video, but I didnt liked enemies dying way more easily than you. The main character felt way too spongy.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Why are they always filling their screens with numbers. 50xp for each kill yeah.

Though the game does look nice.

It’s bad enough when they’re damage indicator numbers. But XP indicator numbers are even more useless.

I’m so sick of seeing them in games. They aren’t helpful and they immediately break immersion. Devs need to either get rid of them or give you the option to turn them off.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Looking good Daryl.

I supposed its because of the difficulty setting used in the video, but I didnt liked enemies dying way more easily than you. The main character felt way too spongy.

Let’s not forget how polite the zombies are to wait their turn before trying to bite you.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
The concerned trolls will be eating their crow religiously like they did with Gow (when comments were made about being in boat too long and change of gameplay) and Horizon Zero Dawn :)

I look forward to what looks like a good AAA budget zombie game with great combat and lush environments and not some bullshit, underfunded, repetitive wannabe zombie game.

What I like about Sony first parties or most of them is that they don't fund a game just to fund it and fill in a slot but they put thought into it and try to make sure quality is there at release.

Last edited:
Looks very good, actually. True AAA. I am concerned about the variety, though. Everything looks samey: forest and city remnants. Yes, we are in a realistic setting in the Wild Oregon and so on, but still, I hope they add up some more stuff we have not seen in the previews.

The EDGE article on the disappointing AI and generic gameplay has me a little worried. I was really looking forward to this, and I hope the promise of the horde AI wasn’t false advertising.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Last edited:

mejin

The EDGE article on the disappointing AI and generic gameplay has me a little worried. I was really looking forward to this, and I hope the promise of the horde AI wasn’t false advertising.

Edge burning a sony first party. shocking news.

DanielsM

Banned
Looks a little better each time. Mini-hit 4-7m units if mc is in the upper 70s-mid 80s. The randomness is what is really cool to me, driving over a hill and wham a 100 zombies. The type of game the playstation library was missing, Imo. The only thing that would have been better to me, is the variety of locations. Looks solid to me.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Edge gave AC Odyssey 70 and most people are out there saying it’s the best since AC2 or Blackflag.
I hear pre-orders for this are healthy and I’ll be there on day 1, Sony wouldn’t ok another zombie game unless it had a USP.
I really think the core gameplay looks quite fun and has a lot of possibility.... hopefully it has some emergent, physics based stuff like BOTW. That could be incredible with the horde mixed in.

bravoguy

I cancelled my CE preorder.
Will see reviews first then decide. Nothing looks new to me just a TLOU clone.
Only the hype has been created to make it a success.

Yea, like everyone says, looks generic AF. Was keeping my prime pre-order but nah..reviews first this time around and then just a maybe purchase.

DanielsM

Banned
Yea, like everyone says, looks generic AF. Was keeping my prime pre-order but nah..reviews first this time around and then just a maybe purchase.
Like 'everyone', lol. If the reviews holdup it will probably be my generic game to replace my missing generic Gears of War itch, it was what was missing from the PS library to me. It's pretty clear what this is and isn't....if it's not your cup of tea nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
45mn of gameplay on PS4 Pro (Maybe it contains some spoilers). Personally, I didn't watch the whole video.

Last edited:

pr0cs

Thanks OP, I think it looks really good. I love sandbox games and aren't tired of zombies at all. Yeah some of the voice cues sound like they'd get old but that isn't something I'd skip a game for. The graphics look outstanding, the fire effects very nice. The mood at night looks suitably spooky. A few scenes in the video where the character is clearly going to get overwhelmed is something that made me think "I want to try that"

Edge gave AC Odyssey 70 and most people are out there saying it’s the best since AC2 or Blackflag.
I hear pre-orders for this are healthy and I’ll be there on day 1, Sony wouldn’t ok another zombie game unless it had a USP.
I really think the core gameplay looks quite fun and has a lot of possibility.... hopefully it has some emergent, physics based stuff like BOTW. That could be incredible with the horde mixed in.

I hope so, and yes the emergent gameplay is exactly what I want to see.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Honestly, looks like a game perfect for gamepass. Wouldn't buy this at RRP from this video. But personally burnt out on the third person adventure titles from Sony I guess.

The only thing really noticeable to me is how terrible the guns sound, that rifle dam.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What did odyssey did better then origin in the improvement bit?

I get why origin is a big jump for the assass franchise.
But i dont get why odyssey even exists besides well a new setting i guess?

Like 'everyone', lol. If the reviews holdup it will probably be my generic game to replace my missing generic Gears of War itch, it was what was missing from the PS library to me. It's pretty clear what this is and isn't....if it's not your cup of tea nothing wrong with that.

I want it to be my cup of Coffee Coolatta..but I just don't see it, lots of ish missing and feels very generic, typical copy paste from other Sony exclusives, been there done that type of thing.

If reviews high, just maybe I'll click gameplay video to watch.

Top Bottom