• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

Checked my trophies and my 100% completion dropped to 90%

Two new trophies added:

Beating it on Survival Mode gets you a GOLD

Beating a Horde in less than a minute gets you a BRONZE

I'm glad I played it on hard for my first play through. I feel ready for Survival mode now. I can't wait to play through this again!

I wonder how the challenges will be setup? Will they be accessed from the main menu or from a new vendor in camps or something? I don't want to start a new play through if I need to be in the end game for the challenges. I guess with multiple save files it doesn't matter really though.

10h into the game.
I find it boring .
I know it’s better later on.
How many hours left before it becomes interesting ?

If you just aren't into the story, gameplay or world as of yet I don't think you'll enjoy it too much more later on. If it's too difficult early on it gets easier as you unlock new weapons and skills. I think the progression system is great and gives you a real sense of growth to your character and skills as you play.

Tiamat2san

Thanks , i’ll Continue.
So far , the story is not very interesting.
The bike is slow and combat is meh.
I need to keep going and upgrade everything.

Humdinger

The bike challenges look fun.

Question: Twice now, I've followed little random "mystery" events -- you know, where they give you a body or something to investigate, and you follow the trail. Both times, I've ended up snared, upside down, then had my gear confiscated and I have to escape and get it back. You'd think I would've learned the first time, but nope, I got snared the second time, too. I'm just following the trail, then suddenly I'm upside down hanging from a tree.

I must be missing something. What is it? How can I avoid this happening (apart from just not following the trail in the first place)?

The last time it happened, btw, the game glitched, and I couldn't get my gear back. I searched and searched, even reloaded a save, and my gear was still nowhere to be found.

Shirtless Rikki next plz

Equality of outcome for the win!

Question: Twice now, I've followed little random "mystery" events -- you know, where they give you a body or something to investigate, and you follow the trail. Both times, I've ended up snared, upside down, then had my gear confiscated and I have to escape and get it back. You'd think I would've learned the first time, but nope, I got snared the second time, too. I'm just following the trail, then suddenly I'm upside down hanging from a tree.

I must be missing something. What is it? How can I avoid this happening (apart from just not following the trail in the first place)?

The last time it happened, btw, the game glitched, and I couldn't get my gear back. I searched and searched, even reloaded a save, and my gear was still nowhere to be found.

That's happened to me at least 3-4 times too. Each consecutive time I thought "how can I avoid this next time" but it keeps happening. I think if I wasn't blindly running following the trail there'd be subtle clues but I've yet to find out. 😂

I also love that they take all my gear each time EXCEPT for the big ass knife I'm carrying. That sucks about losing gear though. Hopefully you didn't lose too much progress!

Last edited:

Krakin

I finally beat the main story. Watching the credits roll as I type. Man, talk about bang for your buck. This didn't feel like a game. It felt like an odyssey. Sure, the game has some issues but Bend can really be proud of their effort here.
I'm really surprised by how much the story worked. I gave a damn about the characters. Even when the pacing was off I kept going because I wanted to know what would come next.
Great game. Solid 8.5 for me.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
What's the deal when mission locations that don't show on your map?

I have a bounty hunter mission 'The Anarchist Spy' select it but there is no line to follow nor is there a flashing location on the game map.

Fake

Christ... Create a save on survival difficult, they remove all the hud, but still exp count hud.
Wtf is wrong with those guys? Is so hard to remove exp mark?

Christ... Create a save on survival difficult, they remove all the hud, but still exp count hud.
Wtf is wrong with those guys? Is so hard to remove exp mark?

Do you mean the XP that pops up over enemies when they die? Pretty sure that’s a toggle in the menu. It was off in my first play through and I turned it on to see when freakers die in horde battles. I’m surprised that’s not off by default in survival though.

Fake

Do you mean the XP that pops up over enemies when they die? Pretty sure that’s a toggle in the menu. It was off in my first play through and I turned it on to see when freakers die in horde battles. I’m surprised that’s not off by default in survival though.
Both. Toogle 'off' don't means he actually off.
You still can see exp in the top right of the screen.
I learn to deal with, but damn I tough the survical mode would remove for good as well.

Both. Toogle 'off' don't means he actually off.
You still can see exp in the top right of the screen.
I learn to deal with, but damn I tough the survical mode would remove for good as well.

Yea, I would’ve thought so too. Is it at least dynamic and only appears when it increases?

HotPocket69

Banned
Damn Nitty this game is really enjoying fucking you with bugs lol. You’re seriously the only player I’ve seen to get them this bad. Sorry dude. At least you still seem to be having a good time with it.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Just started the game, started on survival. It's brilliant.. one thing though

When on a mission it comes up with a large triangle for the way point and it doesnt seem to go away until you get to your destination.. it's always there on the screen!!

Is this a bug? It really breaks immersion for me :/

Fake

Just started the game, started on survival. It's brilliant.. one thing though

When on a mission it comes up with a large triangle for the way point and it doesnt seem to go away until you get to your destination.. it's always there on the screen!!

Is this a bug? It really breaks immersion for me :/
Unfortunately the game still has many bugs present.

Hostile_18

Banned
So just about to start playing this for the first time.

Should I start on survival difficulty or one of the original difficulties? I doubt I'll play it through twice.

Fake

So just about to start playing this for the first time.

Should I start on survival difficulty or one of the original difficulties? I doubt I'll play it through twice.
Depends. Survival is really hard for people playing for the first time. You can't even use fast travel. I could sugest 'hard' or 'normal' for the first playtrought.

Hostile_18

Banned
Depends. Survival is really hard for people playing for the first time. You can't even use fast travel. I could sugest 'hard' or 'normal' for the first playtrought.

Yeah I guess it's a hard question to answer with it been so subjective. I'd like an immersive experience, without seeing people through walls for example (if that's a thing) it's just how annoying it would be without fast travel etc is hard to know. I might give it a go for an hour.

While doing the investigation if you come across a small pile of dried leaves then don't step on it but go around it and past it. That is the trap. It will mostly be right next to a tree, pole or inside a small hole which leads inside a building/barn etc. If you avoid it and go around it then the enemies hiding nearby will come out and attack you directly.

Top Bottom