• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone [OT] Days Gone B Gud

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Echoing the above, most of the hidden Nero sites are accessed by bike jumps, so once you figure out where the landing point is, its fairly easy to figure out where the corresponding jump-ramp is. Basically if you can see a flat elevated plateau that you simply cannot reach near where the marker is, that is either the entry or exit point from the site.

I always found it easier to work back from that, rather than hunting ramps which are harder to spot.

Last edited:

Fake

Almost beating at the survive mode. Already put all camps (besides the late game one) to the max level and pretty much max level. What annoy me its the fact I need every time to press the analog button to reveal the map. Its god damn annoying and I fear I start to break my new dualshock.
They should add a 'dynamic' hud instead of force every hud gone.

Almost beating at the survive mode. Already put all camps (besides the late game one) to the max level and pretty much max level. What annoy me its the fact I need every time to press the analog button to reveal the map. Its god damn annoying and I fear I start to break my new dualshock.
They should add a 'dynamic' hud instead of force every hud gone.

I agree. Navigating all the trails and roads is really difficult without the GPS due to the design of the world. I feel like I click it every few seconds to make sure I haven't gone off on the wrong path.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Just finished 100% my normal playthrough, not sure if I can't do it all agaon on Survival as I got a list of other games that need fininshing. I just wanna do NG+ with all my max stats hahaha

Just reached Lost Lake on my Survival run. Think I love this game even more now!

Honestly think this is going to end up as one of my favorites of the entire gen. Its one of the most consistently entertaining long games I've ever played, and the longer I spend in the world Bend have created, the more I appreciate the work that's gone into making it.

So Im kind of stuck on this one, mainly because I have a horde there. When I was looking at tutorials, they are there sometimes at night, but for me, day time or night time they dont move from that area. Night they are active, day they just sit around but can still spot me in a second.

This happened to anyone else? I guess i can only do this mission if i kill of the horde but its a pretty massive one so i was hoping to leave it for later but no matter how much I reload or fast travel, they are there always.

bitbydeath

So Im kind of stuck on this one, mainly because I have a horde there. When I was looking at tutorials, they are there sometimes at night, but for me, day time or night time they dont move from that area. Night they are active, day they just sit around but can still spot me in a second.

This happened to anyone else? I guess i can only do this mission if i kill of the horde but its a pretty massive one so i was hoping to leave it for later but no matter how much I reload or fast travel, they are there always.

They shouldn’t be around at day time.
Have you tried sleeping in a bed nearby til it hits morning and see if that refreshes it?

They shouldn’t be around at day time.
Have you tried sleeping in a bed nearby til it hits morning and see if that refreshes it?

I just beat it....had to get rid of the horde. It was like on cue, as soon as i enter the area, the horde starts moving out and just sits there even during daylight. It must be a glitch cuz they would sit and then all of a sudden get up and then sit back.

Just finished the game today. What a ride, a long one just as long as RDR2 but i enjoyed it way more. The reviewers that gave this game a 6 are clueless. It aint a 10/10 but a solid 8/10 for me.

Even tho the subject matter was post apocalyptic zombies, it had a fresh spin and I hope the developers know the good sides instead of being told how their game was "meh". Boozer n Decon had great brotherly chemistry.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
500 I believe at the Sawmill.

I think there are a couple bigger than that in the southern part of the map, 600-700 ish.

I've definitely cleared more than 600 ears from a single horde, although the majority are 200-300. That being said, I kinda thought the 300 freaker swarms in more open territory (Metolius caverns comes to mind) were the most fun to fight, especially as if you run away downhill from them they maintain sight-line and dont stop following you!

Ka1ciuM

Neo Member
I almost got surrounded at the Sawmill as I turned to blast the freakers on the high bridge then jumped down and also got killed by a 50+ gang cominng from the left and right

Fake

Tritroid

I'm about to start another play-through I think, but man I love the AI in this game. I love how when a horde is chasing you, previously ferocious animals, like bears, will say "fuck that" and turn around and start racing in the opposite direction. Its so hilarious.

I also love the moments that catch you completely off guard; I was over-top of a horde cave, and decided to try to lure them out by dropping a radio in front of the cave. Upon dropping it, I could hear the horde approaching, but couldn't see any emerging from the cave. When I finally turned around, I saw a massive horde that had been traveling come cascading towards me over a hill in the sunset. I almost died from laughing so hard.

What the actual fuck is up with the audio level of talking in this game. I just started it yesterday and the dialogue is completely drowned out. There's times where I can't hear wtf Deacon says. Sounds like he got a deacon the mouth. Wtf.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What the actual fuck is up with the audio level of talking in this game. I just started it yesterday and the dialogue is completely drowned out. There's times where I can't hear wtf Deacon says. Sounds like he got a deacon the mouth. Wtf.

It's definitely pretty inconsistent. I always keep on subtitles in every game, but there are a few cutscenes where the subtitles seemingly don't work.

I'm about to start another play-through I think, but man I love the AI in this game. I love how when a horde is chasing you, previously ferocious animals, like bears, will say "fuck that" and turn around and start racing in the opposite direction. Its so hilarious.

I also love the moments that catch you completely off guard; I was over-top of a horde cave, and decided to try to lure them out by dropping a radio in front of the cave. Upon dropping it, I could hear the horde approaching, but couldn't see any emerging from the cave. When I finally turned around, I saw a massive horde that had been traveling come cascading towards me over a hill in the sunset. I almost died from laughing so hard.
The random events can be hilarious some times. It was near dawn when I was tracking the horde close to the Lost Lake farm. I figure I'll just wait for them to go back to their cave to sleep for the day so I can get the drop on them. I'm hiding by some bushes when a pack of wolves tried to pick on a nearby straggler from the horde. Needless to say that did not go well for them with two of the pack getting mobbed nearly instantly. The last one ran away and had this great big horde after him. It's just too bad he ran towards the bush where I was hiding.

bitbydeath

The random events can be hilarious some times. It was near dawn when I was tracking the horde close to the Lost Lake farm. I figure I'll just wait for them to go back to their cave to sleep for the day so I can get the drop on them. I'm hiding by some bushes when a pack of wolves tried to pick on a nearby straggler from the horde. Needless to say that did not go well for them with two of the pack getting mobbed nearly instantly. The last one ran away and had this great big horde after him. It's just too bad he ran towards the bush where I was hiding.

It’s great fun when a horde is near a camp. I just get the horde chasing me then run straight through the middle of their camp. They only shoot at me for a short time before getting overrun.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It’s great fun when a horde is near a camp. I just get the horde chasing me then run straight through the middle of their camp. They only shoot at me for a short time before getting overrun.

Its nice the way that all the enemies interact with each other, breakers being particularly hilarious as they literally smash anything they see. Which reminds me. I need to try and set up a fight between one and a rager bear, see which comes out on top!

Fake

Its just me or some horde are coming back? I already beat any horde of the game, but somehow I found 2 hordes.

Anw, still download the patch. Damn.

Fake

I finally deleted CoD WW2 for install this update.
When the system installed the update and I select 'load game', the game crash.
Lol.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thought I was maybe nearing the end but the story quite suddenly took a sharp turn and now it looks like there is still a whole lot to this adventure. Really wasn't expecting this kind of turn after going south and
meeting Sarah in this crazy militia camp.
I've got a feeling this isn't going to go end well for Deacon...

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Thought I was maybe nearing the end but the story quite suddenly took a sharp turn and now it looks like there is still a whole lot to this adventure. Really wasn't expecting this kind of turn after going south and
meeting Sarah in this crazy militia camp.
I've got a feeling this isn't going to go end well for Deacon...

You have a long way to go. Southern region is big and there are a lot of missions before you hit the endgame, which is pretty substantial if you want to be a completionist and get all the post-story stuff.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You have a long way to go. Southern region is big and there are a lot of missions before you hit the endgame, which is pretty substantial if you want to be a completionist and get all the post-story stuff.

Great news! For whatever reason I've been compelled to do everything in the game up until now (missions, hives, camps, etc.), so I'll probably try to go for the platinum in this despite never being much of a completionist in most games.

HotPocket69

Banned
Great news! For whatever reason I've been compelled to do everything in the game up until now (missions, hives, camps, etc.), so I'll probably try to go for the platinum in this despite never being much of a completionist in most games.

It’s an incredibly fun Platinum to obtain. One of the best.

And you’ll be rewarded with a PSN theme for it too! 👌🏼

It’s an incredibly fun Platinum to obtain. One of the best.

And you’ll be rewarded with a PSN theme for it too! 👌🏼
I really appreciate a game that hands out Platinums just for playing normally. The only trophy that you have to go out of your way for in Days Gone is Burnout Apocalypse.

bitbydeath

How’s everyone going with the challenges?
I beat the main game and am tempted to replay on survival but had a go at the challenges and they are certainly challenging.

I did manage to score a bronze on all four though.

Fake

How’s everyone going with the challenges?
I beat the main game and am tempted to replay on survival but had a go at the challenges and they are certainly challenging.

I did manage to score a bronze on all four though.
The bike challenge its a little dumb imo. Your fuel could end or your bike broke si easly and the only option is to restart.
Very stupid ideia. They could make both fuel infinite, bike no damage and just leave you to be take out by the bike and nothing more.
Lost so much potential. The others are quite good at least.

bitbydeath

The bike challenge its a little dumb imo. Your fuel could end or your bike broke si easly and the only option is to restart.
Very stupid ideia. They could make both fuel infinite, bike no damage and just leave you to be take out by the bike and nothing more.
Lost so much potential. The others are quite good at least.

I got bronze on my second try with that one. It’s not very obvious what you’re meant to be doing though. I mean you obviously follow the bright yellow circles but it’s still vague.

Fake

Nice update. Still hope they change the button you need to press for run like in The Witcher 3. Hold X.

Doom85

Okay, the final mission Copeland gives you was weird:

So THERE'S the part they showed in E3, I was wondering if the game had just altered drastically since it made it look like Copeland and Manny would have a bigger part in the story, like Manny seemed like he would be in Boozer's role instead. Now it was different in that I didn't fight any humans and I only fought like seven zombies, and they left out the part of the guy holding a gun to Manny and then Deacon and Manny working together to defeat him, but they kept in the part with the bear showing up and I had to kill it. But after killing the bear, I detected a horde on the other side of a wooden wall screaming to get in. I had cleared all of the hordes out of Copeland's area so they had to be part of this mission. Weird, maybe there was an alternate route I missed that would have had me deal with them, I dunno, but Deacon and Manny never even comment on the horde as we made our way back to our bikes.

Did everyone else playing have it go down the same way, or was there a way to fight the horde?

Also, damn was the sawmill horde easy going in near the end of the game. Like, holy shit, I think I took down half the horde with Weaver's molotovs alone. Seriously, after giving me such a kickass weapon and helping Deacon and Sarah try to escape, I really hope Weaver makes it out alive when we attack the militia which is the next mission.

Fake

Okay, the final mission Copeland gives you was weird:

So THERE'S the part they showed in E3, I was wondering if the game had just altered drastically since it made it look like Copeland and Manny would have a bigger part in the story, like Manny seemed like he would be in Boozer's role instead. Now it was different in that I didn't fight any humans and I only fought like seven zombies, and they left out the part of the guy holding a gun to Manny and then Deacon and Manny working together to defeat him, but they kept in the part with the bear showing up and I had to kill it. But after killing the bear, I detected a horde on the other side of a wooden wall screaming to get in. I had cleared all of the hordes out of Copeland's area so they had to be part of this mission. Weird, maybe there was an alternate route I missed that would have had me deal with them, I dunno, but Deacon and Manny never even comment on the horde as we made our way back to our bikes.

Did everyone else playing have it go down the same way, or was there a way to fight the horde?

Also, damn was the sawmill horde easy going in near the end of the game. Like, holy shit, I think I took down half the horde with Weaver's molotovs alone. Seriously, after giving me such a kickass weapon and helping Deacon and Sarah try to escape, I really hope Weaver makes it out alive when we attack the militia which is the next mission.
Was a mess IMO. This last Copeland mission 'MUST' be very very little because as much I like the forest zone, that camp don't sell guns and I find that bullshit.
Dunna wtf Bend was thinking for not let copeland sell guns or even store the guns you find in the others camp. Was really a bad decision

Anw
Yeah, those hordes you really need to mix between health and stamina.

Doom85

It might reflect how Copeland is obsessed with guns and the "feds" trying to take them from him, so maybe that's the narrative reason why your gun options are limited in his camp, he's willing to sell you ammo but that's about it.

Fake

It might reflect how Copeland is obsessed with guns and the "feds" trying to take them from him, so maybe that's the narrative reason why your gun options are limited in his camp, he's willing to sell you ammo but that's about it.
But you can't store weapons either. Or even buy medic.
In the end you get little interess of leveling up Copeland camp. Was a bad decision no doubt.
If was me, instead, Copeland should be a hunting camp, selling other crossbow or updrage versions of bolt.
Could make more sense to the 'no guns' lore than selling 'grenades?' in level 3.

Last edited:

Doom85

But you can't store weapons either. Or even buy medic.
In the end you get little interess of leveling up Copeland camp. Was a bad decision no doubt.
If was me, instead, Copeland should be a hunting camp, selling other crossbow or updrage versions of bolt.
Could make more sense to the 'no guns' lore than selling 'grenades?' in level 3.

Well until you got to the second act of the game his camp was the place to upgrade your bike which was super useful. But yeah, I only went back after that to get it up to max level just for the trophy.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Anything you buy, is always available from every locker. Be they in NERO outposts, bunkers or camps.

The reality is that early on all you need is a pistol and the crossbow on any difficulty, because you are supposed to be evading hordes at that stage. Focus on ambush camps and outposts to buff yourself up, and work mainly on improving your bike.

Until you reach Lost Lake its mainly about scavenging and gearing up for the ride.

I’m slowly working through a survival run after getting the platinum on hard. I really like the pace of the game when forced to travel everywhere. Taking down outposts early in is really satisfying too.

I’ve struggled somewhat with the challenges but have been watching Mr Reign on YouTube who gives some tips on how to get the gold ranks. I’ve gotten a bronze on all but infested which I haven’t tried yet. Silver on the second challenge survival in the graveyard.

I feel like the challenges really help me improve my skills which in return help my survival campaign run and vice versa. It’s nice to have both options depending on how much time I have to play.

Fake

I'm quite sure you can do both in all camps. Cope's camp was still pretty pointless despite that. The nitro you get from his place isn't even good enough to let you jump far enough for the NERO sites.
No you can't. Some weapons droped by A.I can't be stored. In the early games you can just count with your pistol, melee attacks or weapons by enemies with can't be stored.
You need to advance to the next camp for buy weapons and those weapons yes you can store, but we're here talking about Copeland camp.
Anything you buy, is always available from every locker. Be they in NERO outposts, bunkers or camps.
The reality is that early on all you need is a pistol and the crossbow on any difficulty, because you are supposed to be evading hordes at that stage. Focus on ambush camps and outposts to buff yourself up, and work mainly on improving your bike.

Until you reach Lost Lake its mainly about scavenging and gearing up for the ride.
Sigh... again people keep telling this over, over and over again. I even surprised if someone really play the game or saw the story. You know the Deacon beat hordes before the initial plot don't you? He have being doing this for survive as much he can. Don't make much sense, aside from the 'bike' problem in the early of the game. As you can see, its easy beat hordes with a handgun.

Don't get me wrong, Days Gone is one of my favorite games this year, but some arguments really don't make much sense for someone like me with spend so much time in this game. If Copeland can't sell guys at least give you the option to store the weapons you get from the other bikers.

Btw, you reach the Hot Springs Camp more early than Lost Lake just by making the story mission.

Last edited:
No you can't. Some weapons droped by A.I can't be stored. In the early games you can just count with your pistol, melee attacks or weapons by enemies with can't be stored.
You need to advance to the next camp for buy weapons and those weapons yes you can store, but we're here talking about Copeland camp.
It's not some, it's all dropped weapons. You can't store enemy drops at any camp. That's not how weapon unlocking works in the game.

Top Bottom