• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone PC Pages Up - Ultrawide Support, Unlocked Frame rate, Improved Graphics

sunnysideup

Banned
Yep best version and all games.

There is no point in owning a PS5 anymore

Sony got xboxed by MS and that tard Jim bozo

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Days gone is the new Rain bow 6, really come a long way since it's release. Turned out to be a strong and under appreciated game.

Stuart360

Yep best version and all games.

There is no point in owning a PS5 anymore

Sony got xboxed by MS and that tard Jim bozo
Nah PS5 will still sell 100mil. People like to use XB1's 50mil sales as some kind of proof that going to PC has hurt the console, and it will have by a very small amount, but people forget it was half way through last gen when Xbox added in PC, and XB1 was already trailing behind PS4 and the 360 by a sizeable amount. XB1 simply had too much negativity surrounding it, and not enough first party support.

bender

What time is it?
The world is lovely and the horde mechanic is neat but wholly underutilized up to the point where I quit the game (probably 20 hours in). It doesn't really do much else that is interesting.

Bingo lol.

One of the few PS4 exclusives I didn't finish after playing it cause it was pretty boring/average of a game. I think it has beautiful graphics when it wants and if the mod community does some good work on it i'll go for it on PC.

The 60FPS update on PS5 is pretty good looking...but the games kinda ehh
Whats with the hate this game gets? I thought it was amazing, and bought it at launch. There is no other motorcycle open world game, let alone one with zombie hoards. It also has a wonderful setting and cool characters. Plus no bs political agenda nonsense.

sunnysideup

Banned
Nah PS5 will still sell 100mil. People like to use XB1's 50mil sales as some kind of proof that going to PC has hurt the console, and it will have by a very small amount, but people forget it was half way through last gen when Xbox added in PC, and XB1 was already trailing behind PS4 and the 360 by a sizeable amount. XB1 simply had too much negativity surrounding it, and not enough first party support.

Its going to do xbox numbers of irrelevance.

And theres plenty equally good or even better ones i can get for much less.

Mad Max for example, very similar in concept and execution to Days Gone, is going for $4.99 on GOG right now
Not similar at all. Mad max is based on a established fiction. Days gone is a new setting. Also Days gone is about Zombie hordes and living off the land in the mountains of Oregon. Mad max is post apocolypse wasteland. The enemies are scavengers and mutants. Mad max is muscle car made with scavenged parts and batman style combat. Days Gone is stealth with fights, and making sure you have gas to get the hell out. Its hoards of 1000s of zombies and how the hell do you get out of that trailer now that it's surrounded by this hoard. Very different characters, very different games.

You may as well compare it to GTA as both have open world and vehicles...lol Have you even tried the game?

Now don't get me wrong, Mad max is a fantastic game. I double dipped on it myself the other day from gog.com , as I own it on ps4 too, but its not the same as days gone, both are vastly different.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Well i'm looking forward to Days Gone. It was one of the PS4 games i always wanted to play, along with HZD and Driveclub. Already got HZD, and Driveclub isnt happening lol.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Not similar at all. Mad max is based on a established fiction. Days gone is a new setting. Also Days gone is about Zombie hordes and living off the land in the mountains of Oregon. Mad max is post apocolypse wasteland. The enemies are scavengers and mutants. Mad max is muscle car made with scavenged parts and batman style combat. Days Gone is stealth with fights, and making sure you have gas to get the hell out. Its hoards of 1000s of zombies and how the hell do you get out of that trailer now that it's surrounded by this hoard. Very different characters, very different games.

You may as well compare it to GTA as both have open world and vehicles...lol Have you even tried the game?

Now don't get me wrong, Mad max is a fantastic game. I double dipped on it myself the other day from gog.com , as I own it on ps4 too, but its not the same as days gone, both are vastly different.
Biggest horde in Days gone is 500 zombies. Most others are 100 to 300

regawdless

Banned
That's great news, can't wait. Gonna look delicious!

Just hope that the port will be better than HZD for example...

GymWolf

Scaling graphics is easier than tweaking stuff that's related to the CPU.
I mean, they just need to unlock what happen with 5 zombies on screen, the horde completely disable gore, ragdoll and any type of external kinetic input (basically zombie don't fly away when you launch a granade at them, they just fold like a sack of potatoes) but that stuff is already there, it only get disabled with more than 5-10 zombies on screen because the jaguar is shit, but they don't really need to create new stuff, only unlock what is already there.

Last edited:
Whats with the hate this game gets? I thought it was amazing, and bought it at launch. There is no other motorcycle open world game, let alone one with zombie hoards. It also has a wonderful setting and cool characters. Plus no bs political agenda nonsense.
Bland story, bland characters, janky gameplay. Just an all around average experience, not bad - but average. And I don't care about that political stuff or w/e the internet types be on, ion't care

nullpoynter

PC gamers are in for a real treat. Days Gone was one of the best and one of my favorite games from last gen. It also plays beautifully on the PS5. The game was underrated and the review scores don't show how great of a game this really is. It should easily have a Metacritic score in the high 80s in my opinion.

Guilty_AI

So both are about roaming a post apocalyptic open world in a certain vehicle which you can customize, raiding locations for gas and loot while helping camps of survivors that'll get you upgrades.
Also, that whole "you have to face off hoards of 100s of zombies" they used as advertisement feels misleading. They're more like bosses you encounter in specific locations and always has to fight in a specific way rather than an integral part of the game.

Last edited:

Aion002

People fighting because more people can play a game, people downplaying a game because reasons and the standard "PlayStation is doomed" posts..... Yeah... Some things never change.

Anyway, Days Gone is great! PC gamers should check it out!

Last edited:
Top Bottom