• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone PC vs "PS5" Early Graphics Comparison

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
DISCLAIMER: DAYS GONE DON'T HAVE A NEXT GEN PATCH, IT'S JUST THE PS4 PRO VERSION RUNNING IN BC ON PS5

EDIT

See this thread

Last edited:
Looks much better. The framerate boost and m+kb controls are what I'm most excited about. I've said it a long time ago, but I thought the game was very underappreciated and even back then well before Sony started PC porting I said that if it's framerate and controls could be improved, I think more people would have given it the chance it deserved. Great game hampered by it's kinda shitty controls and 30fps lock, now with it's PS5 version and PC release, the game can finally shine. Though, nothing will change that cringey ass story.

It's running at the same fps as the ps5 version.
I was more referencing the PS4 version( which is the version I played to death) but yes in that video it is the same. Though, again, better controls on PC and lack of scum/Vaseline over the screen is a big addition to the PC version over the PS5 version. Still, everyone should play it regardless of platform as the game is awesome.

Is this video running at 120 fps?
Don't know, regardless, it'll have an unlocked framerate. Holy Hell, ya'll act like a PC kicked your puppy or some shit.

Last edited:
You said is double the frame rate dude. And you need to make sure what comparion you even talk about.

I talking about the comparison on the OP.
giphy.gif

Sorry Lord Neogaf, I shall repent and commit seppuku for my mistake.

Last edited:

Kilau

No, just a patch to unlock frame rate. What you're seeing is a comparison between PRO and PC.
Ah, I had decided to wait for the pc version but I’m worried about another bad pc port. Could just play it on the ps5 since they gave it away.

Fake

Ah, I had decided to wait for the pc version but I’m worried about another bad pc port. Could just play it on the ps5 since they gave it away.

No worry needed. Will be a better version than PRO/PS5 probably. Just need a better video comparison. Maybe when launch Digital Foundry will make a proper comparison.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Pc seems to be missing the scene based color grading giving it a less gritty and over saturated look. Noticed this in the pc reveal trailer before.

Pc seems to be missing the scene based color grading giving it a less gritty and over saturated look. Noticed this in the pc reveal trailer before.
You may be right, I've seen many examples in the past where a game will change saturation and people will think it looks better in general. I def. prefer the PC look in that video, but I could be a victim of the saturation example as well. It's why we see companies use crazy colorful videos and photos very oversaturated to use as an example as to why you should upgrade. Though to my eye, it just looks like a slight level of fuzz has been taken off the PS4/PS5 version.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Based on the trailer for the PC version, PS5 is source gameplay:

unknown.png
unknown.png

Keep in mind this is an early comparaison, it will give you an idea of how the PC version compare but you need to wait for a proper analysis for the final versus.

It's literally PS4 Pro with 60fps unlocked framerates on PS5 on BC mode. It's a PS4 game:

Last edited:

Shmunter

You may be right, I've seen many examples in the past where a game will change saturation and people will think it looks better in general. I def. prefer the PC look in that video, but I could be a victim of the saturation example as well. It's why we see companies use crazy colorful videos and photos very oversaturated to use as an example as to why you should upgrade. Though to my eye, it just looks like a slight level of fuzz has been taken off the PS4/PS5 version.
Myself I’ve forever been disappointed in the grays and browns backlash ever since the 360 era.

I’ve always found the more earthly, dirty tones to be much more realistic and less ‘gamey’ or cartoonish.

But, everyone has preferences.

Last edited:
Help to make the OP accurate? I mean PS5 doesn't need any more FUD, no?
The game is running on the PS5. Title is fine. It certainly didn't run at 60fps on my PS4Pro when I played it a few months ago. You're splitting hairs because you are trying to be a warrior for a mega-corporation. Sony is gonna be fine, they've had a bit of semi-bad news in the headlines, but in general, most people won't/don't give a shit about them as long as they keep pushing out awesome games.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Way better then looked like on my PS4 pro. The floor and textures wouldn’t load there at all

The game is running on the PS5. Title is fine. It certainly didn't run at 60fps on my PS4Pro when I played it a few months ago. You're splitting hairs because you are trying to be a warrior for a mega-corporation. Sony is gonna be fine, they've had a bit of semi-bad news in the headlines, but in general, most people won't/don't give a shit about them as long as they keep pushing out awesome games.
I was trying to figure out when did ps4 or ps4pro run 6 60fps . It didn't

ethomaz

Banned
The game is the PS4 Pro.
It was only unlocked the framerate on PS5 but it is still running in BC Mode.

Any pic or video you are posting is based in PS4 Pro game not PS5.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Based on the trailer for the PC version, PS5 is source gameplay:

unknown.png
unknown.png

Keep in mind this is an early comparaison, it will give you an idea of how the PC version compare but you need to wait for a proper analysis for the final versus.

Other than a little bit more lightning etc. i cant see any difference

Top Bottom