• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone PS4 pro screenshots

DrBo42

How is input lag?

181d8fad2b.png

Source

KOHIPEET

It's easy to see why you would think it's "bullshots" as supersampling an image is one of the most common ways screen are "bullshot"

Which is cool because the Pro is bringing that very same level of fidelity to consoles for the first time

But in the case of pro, when connected to a 4k TV, upscaling is in place, which is the opposite of supersampling.

Either way the result is impressive, at least in stills.

Do we know the native resolution Pro is upscaling from?

But in the case of pro, when connected to a 4k TV, upscaling is in place, which is the opposite of supersampling.

Sure it's up scaling but it's doing it from a high resolution. According to DF it appears to be over 1800p in many cases.

It's why it give you "bullshot" vibes. 4k is essentially such a high resolution image quality by and large is fantastic.

Also when viewed on 1080p sets it will be suerpsampled

Reallink

Absolutely the LG 65uh6150- ub.
Don't go Vizio.

Yeah, don't go for a good television

The irony is the LG 6150 is a WRGB panel that substitutes a white subpixel for either the R, G, or B in each trio. With colored material, this represents a 25-33% resolution loss on average so you might say they're more like 3K rather than 4K. It's also an 8bit panel rather than 10, so there's real validity in dubbing it Fake-HDR as well. An 8bit panel physically can not display the increased number of luminance and color gradations/shades/steps that is HDR's name sake. A P series Vizio shits on the 6150 from a great height.

Loudninja

I love the setting
Yeah alot to look forward too.
Days Gone takes place in an as yet unspecified Northwest region of America. The area’s been specifically picked for its potential to provide a range of potential environments from mountain ranges to deserts, as well as the forest we’ve seen so far. Abandoned towns and suburbs are also on the cards, with the promise of a range of different weather to vary things up.
http://www.gamesradar.com/days-gone-review/

Can I play it on PS4?
Yeah of course.

This game looks right up my alley, it's the kind of stuff and new IP I love seeing come out of Sony WWS.
First party are slowly starting to sell me on the benefits of PS4 Pro even with a 1080p display. Also I can't help but want to get as close as possible to playing the definitive experience on a PS4 console :p

It would look better on Scorpio

I can tell this will be parts of NeoGaf over the coming year.
Fucking hell it's sad.

Dalibor68

Banned
Looking good, but graphics were not this game's problem. Rather the shooting feeling as weak and unsatisfactory as possible.

No, it's the statement that you used.

Gameplay needs to be less shallow and boring. Despite there being no "imo" or "I found the gameplay shallow and boring", there is a clear implied opinion here.

Gameplay needs to be fixed..This is not a statement that implies that an opinion is being expressed about the game being shallow and boring. It implies that there is something objectively wrong with the gameplay.

Don't worry; it's only etta. We all know he'd have a lot more interest if it was coming out on a different console...

Nope.

Other than something in between 1440p and 2160p (4k). Digital Foundry said that it looks to be over 1800p.

Cerny said they will speak at lengths in the near future about some of the interesting things about the GPU and what their doing in addition to the Polaris architecture. This will also likely involve more information about what checkerboard rendering it is, how much does it costs, how easy it is to implement and such. Maybe we'll get more information then.

This video looks worse than a lot of the games on a standard ps4 or xb1.

Sure, but it's a ten year old game. Crysis was incredible at the time, and still is in a lot of ways. There are very few games where everything has physics, most trees and structures are destructible/interactive and it has much larger areas than most linear FPSs. I'd love Crysis to get a re-release on current-gen, as I loved it on PS3 but would definitely play it again with the graphics dialled up.

I love the setting

Yeah, one of the things about this game I'm most interested in is just riding around, exploring the open world. I really hope they nail the riding physics.

Can I play it on PS4?

Of course. All PS4 Pro games will also be playable on PS4 (or perhaps that statement should be in reverse).

Yeah alot to look forward too.

http://www.gamesradar.com/days-gone-review/
Days Gone takes place in an as yet unspecified Northwest region of America. The area’s been specifically picked for its potential to provide a range of potential environments from mountain ranges to deserts, as well as the forest we’ve seen so far. Abandoned towns and suburbs are also on the cards, with the promise of a range of different weather to vary things up.

The idea of exploring an accurate-sized small town which is completely deserted sounds really creepy and appealing. Especially if you still have to be discreet to make sure there aren't any zombies around.

Looking good, but graphics were not this game's problem. Rather the shooting feeling as weak and unsatisfactory as possible.

They said after the conference that the difficulty was dialled right down and the zombies will be harder to take down than in the E3 demo. Also, the protagonist will not have infinite ammo.

Did an interesting experiment. Loaded both those pictures on Facebook, and asked my gamer friends to say which was the PS Pro one:

Well, all of them said it was the second one. Yeah I know, Facebook compression, resolution and so on, but it's surely interesting to note the average gamer can't find striking differences. This could prove to be a problem for Sony in marketing the Pro's advantages.

Loris146

Did an interesting experiment. Loaded both those pictures on Facebook, and asked my gamer friends to say which was the PS Pro one:

Well, all of them said it was the second one. Yeah I know, Facebook compression, resolution and so on, but it's surely interesting to note the average gamer can't find striking differences. This could prove to be a problem for Sony in marketing the Pro's advantages.

But PS4K is for gamers who are able to see differences. Even Andrew House said that. They have standard PS4 for the "average gamer".

Guymelef

Your friend would be happy buying a PS4 Slim, and that would make happy to Sony as well.

UrbanRats

I see your point, but maybe they also assumed the second, because it seems to have more details/objects of interest, just in terms of what the shot is aiming at (train, crowd of zombies, etc).

cakefoo

There is some pretty clear differences in terms of texture clarity and aliasing
I honestly don't see the difference, at least in the side-by-side shot.

Here's the thing though: the 4K shot was downsized to match the scale of the 1080p version. If I look at the full-quality 4K shot the quality difference is really obvious to me.

I still don't know if it's accurate to say the texture quality was boosted- it could just be the 4K resolution is revealing texture detail that was already there. Either way, it looks great.

KOHIPEET

Sure it's up scaling but it's doing it from a high resolution. According to DF it appears to be over 1800p in many cases.

It's why it give you "bullshot" vibes. 4k is essentially such a high resolution image quality by and large is fantastic.

Also when viewed on 1080p sets it will be suerpsampled

So what we are looking at is a really high native resolution coupled with base ps4 textures and effects, and a hq upscaling technique. Looking good this Pro is.

Melchiah

Unfocused glorified tech demo? Didn't feel like a cohesive game at all or even a clear concept.

Looks shallow and boring. Being able to shoot at hundreds of enemies on screen is a shallow "hook". Mechanics also looked pretty bad.

Couldn't exatly the same be said about something like Dead Rising? Personally, I like the idea about playing an equivalent of World War Z.

It's not an xone exclusive! ;)

Qa31Hwg.jpg

cakefoo

Sony would never try to market 4K that way.

BHK3

Banned
well that sucks. HDR just kills response time.

Welcome to 4k tv shopping. To your left you will see the soap opera effect on 8 bit HDR and to your right you will see grey white blacks on your built in netflix app. Please don't forget to grab a brochure in the lobby.

Shredderi

Graphics always looked good on this one. I'm very interested because the game despite being "another zombie game" has a mood and vibe that I haven't seen in ANY game before. I got the TLoU vibes at the beginning of the video as well but the location and the whole biker thing makes it feel different to me. Hopefully the gameplay loop will have some depth we don't know about yet.

cooldawn

At the very least i know this game will look stunning in 1080p mode with the supersample.

daysgonel7sjv.png

Major difference in texture clarity
Er...the screenshot on the Right looks way better and those PS4 Pro shots look like a dithered mess to me. Plus those textures are still standard PS4. Does all the power go to resolution only?

This doesn't seems encouraging at all (but I am looking at these on a 1080p iMac display, rather than a 4K display).

Top Bottom