• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Days Gone PS4 pro screenshots

At the very least i know this game will look stunning in 1080p mode with the supersample.

daysgonel7sjv.png

Major difference in texture clarity

Veitsev

Aren't all tv broadcastings 60hz? Honest question, but how would a 120hz tv make that better? Seeing both reviews, the Samsung gray uniformity is a bit better than the Vizio's. I honestly thought most broadcasts were 1080p by now.

Yeah, it is. I do hope it can be improved with updates. Samsung may have one that has a lower input lag with both options on, but I'm not sure.

120 hz are better at depicting horizontal motion than 60 hz displays (which is all that hockey is really). Films are also shot at 24fps so a 120hz telvision can display them more properly. When a 60hz TV does so it is essentially adding frames (adding some jitter) because 60 is not divisible by 24. 120 is divisible so no frames are added and thus no jitter.

The film thing is not a huge deal for me but I definitely a difference in motion quality when watching fast moving content like hockey.

AZ Greg

At the very least i know this game will look stunning in 1080p mode with the supersample.

daysgonel7sjv.png

Major difference in texture clarity

I think this is a poor comparison. The differences could be as much due to development time as they can be to spec differences. We need vanilla vs pro shots to be taken at the exact same time in development to truly measure a difference that is related to the specs.

I mean, look at the hat. Pro downgrade, no bill wear and tear!

I think this is a poor comparison. The differences could be as much due to development time as they can be to spec differences. We need vanilla vs pro shots to be taken at the exact same time in development to truly measure a difference that is related to the specs.

I mean, look at the hat. Pro downgrade, no bill wear and tear!

Yeah it could be better but sadly there is no 1:1 comparison with those two 4k screenshots yet. But you can just see the difference in clarity around the hood right off the bat, and the ps4 shot is closer to the camera, yet it is blurrier.

Edit: the bandanna in his pocket (also much closer to the camera in the ps4 screen) is still blurrier compared to the pro screen.

farisr

Art style looks nice, hope they can fix the gameplay though.
I'm not a fan of this kind of game at all, but I don't see what there is to "fix" from that demonstration in terms of gameplay.

Only thing I could think of being off in that demo was the AI in couple of instances where the zombie would just go past him (which can also be explained away by their mindless nature and momentum, but should have some tweaks though), but the actual gameplay seemed fine.

feel like the artifacts on mountain is due to checkboard rendering.
It's on more than just the mountain, there's dithering all over the place in both screenshots. But pixel-sized dithering on a 4K display is a quarter the size as on a 1080p display at the same subtended angle. For many users, I bet it'll appear to be like film grain.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What's wrong with it?

I'm not a fan of this kind of game at all, but I don't see what there is to "fix" from that demonstration in terms of gameplay.

Only thing I could think of being off in that demo was the AI in couple of instances where the zombie would just go past him (which can also be explained away by their mindless nature and momentum, but should have some tweaks though), but the actual gameplay seemed fine.
Looks shallow and boring. Being able to shoot at hundreds of enemies on screen is a shallow "hook". Mechanics also looked pretty bad.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I need to hone my skills. Some people can watch just 10 to 20 minutes of a 40 to 80 hour game and tell you everything about it. That's just an incredible skill to have.

AudioEppa

Everything about Days Gone is right up my alley of what I like to play. I really want a ps4 pro, if I actually get one is a different story.

wapplew

I need to hone my skills. Some people can watch just 10 to 20 minutes of a 40 to 80 hour game and tell you everything about it. That's just an incredible skill to have.

Bend studio do have a lot to prove. Let's us gather more information before we judge.
Now we can enjoy the graphic.

Ploid 3.0

I just realized, I remember people wondering how Naughty Dog games would look on a PC, we're inching closer to that example. TLoU on PS4 Pro will be a nice starter, heck I think TLoU and Uncharted 4 already look crisp enough now that I think about it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ya, because how ever did other devs manage to show more gameplay depth in their reveal demos, ever?
It's not an xone exclusive! ;)
😂
If that's what helps you sleep at night, keep telling yourself that 👍

farisr

Looks shallow and boring. Being able to shoot at hundreds of enemies on screen is a shallow "hook". Mechanics also looked pretty bad.
Yeah, this isn't really saying anything. Halo 5, inFAMOUS, Sunset Overdrive, The Witness looks shallow and boring to some people as well. And if you're going to talk about mechanics being bad you should go into specifics.

It just sounds like it's not your kind of game, rather than the gameplay needing to be "fixed"

The game isn't just about fighting zombie hordes, it's an open world game with lots of different things to do.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Unfocused glorified tech demo? Didn't feel like a cohesive game at all or even a clear concept.

How so? It was hardly just a tech demo as the gameplay elements all seamed fairly obvious whether it was the scavenging for items to combine into tools and additions to weapons, to the frantic gameplay where running away and using the environment in conjunction with your weapons to slow and stymie the horde as you thin them out was very obvious, the variety of ways to use the open world in conjunction with this. So on and so forth. There was nothing obtuse or vague about it, especially when we got the alternate play through that further high lighted these elements.

I mean we just did this with The Order. Pretty looking game that the gameplay videos seemed boring. More like look at how pretty this is over here and ignore the other stuff.

Pretty graphics do not a fun game make.

Define boring because that's about as hollow and poor a criticism as you can get these days. Maybe call it cringe worthy while we're at it. How in the world you think this compares to the Order aside from them being PS4 exclusives with white male leads is hilarious to. We saw more gameplay in that single stage demo than all the previews of the Order before release combined. What we did see looked rather cool to me as the tech on display was not only impressive but the many avenues this kind of gameplay could take is incredible if they take full advantage of it and run wild with the idea.

If you thought shooting hundreds of enemies was the end all and be all then you entirely missed the point.

Are people being willfully obtuse about this gameplay because its got zombies or the words open world popped up?

Sarobi

Banned
Looks nice. At the moment I'm still on "nope not getting it".. but I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time saying that once more screenshots come out..

edit: I'm referring to the PSPro

Slixshot

Banned
Went back to watch the e3 stuff and damn, what a change of heart I had. It's like Sons of Anarchy meets The Walking Dead. How was I not hyped before?!?

Advanced port begging.

This place is going to suck for the next year or so.

It's not even port begging. It's flat out ignorance or trolling.

No Sony first party game will ever grace Xbox.

On topic I'm really digging this game and it already looked great on the current PS4.

The protagonist reminds me John Marston from Red Dead Redemption.

Agree to disagree. The extended demo show lots of different tactics to combat.

This is day one is unless they completely botch it.

😂
If that's what helps you sleep at night, keep telling yourself that 👍

Whatever Stat..erg...etta! ;)

Calls me kiddo, when he knows jack sh*t about the game although it's open world has a bike and crafting system! Your post history speaks a lot. ;)

Top Bottom