• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Saw a trailer review for the UC and they pointed out that scene with Jena and Lois appeared to be taking place at a hospital. You can seen X-Rays and a medical waste basket in the background. Dunno how that plays out, but at first I thought they were both at the Planet, which made me guess she was just another reporter or maybe even Cat Grant. Now that we know they're at a hospital, I have no clue who she is.

Just finished Dope

Really good movie. Not sure if anything screamed "The Flash" to me, but movie is highl recommended.

i loved it when it started but when it turned into a drug movie (online drug dealing too lmao) it kind of lost me.

really wish they just stuck to the black john hughes/high school movie vibe that it started with. that would have been...dope. anyways...could zoe kravitz be iris west now?!

Dead

well not really...yet
Interesting thing I think I saw on reddit earlier.

In the original teaser trailer, you heard people yelling "Go home" when the statue is revealed.

What if that's what they are yelling to Superman after the bombing at the hearing, as he's helping the survivors.

Penguin

i loved it when it started but when it turned into a drug movie (online drug dealing too lmao) it kind of lost me.

really wish they just stuck to the black john hughes/high school movie vibe that it started with. that would have been...dope. anyways...could zoe kravitz be iris west now?!

I get what you're saying, but also enjoyed that... well not gonna spoil, but thought was good for the most part

Also looks like Justice League will be a slashfic

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGLS_6qvHGf/

Interesting thing I think I saw on reddit earlier.

In the original teaser trailer, you heard people yelling "Go home" when the statue is revealed.

What if that's what they are yelling to Superman after the bombing at the hearing, as he's helping the survivors.

it's possible. there were a lot of anti-Superman protesters at Capitol Hill.

Firemind

I really don't understand why they cut Superman saving people in Africa and at the capitol. Like, if there's one thing they should have learned from MoS, it's that. They make it seem Supes doesn't give a fuck when those scenes abruptly ended. Not sure if it's Snyder's fault or the suits. I'm betting the suits.

I really don't understand why they cut Superman saving people in Africa and at the capitol. Like, if there's one thing they should have learned from MoS, it's that. They make it seem Supes doesn't give a fuck when those scenes abruptly ended. Not sure if it's Snyder's fault or the suits. I'm betting the suits.

Idk, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bad judgment call on Snyder's part. He was pushing for a shorter runtime just as hard if not more so than WB.

IconGrist

Idk, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bad judgment call on Snyder's part. He was pushing for a shorter runtime just as hard if not more so than WB.

Someone brought up that rumor about "more Batman" and said maybe since they didn't have more they would just use less Superman instead. I remember Snyder saying a few months before release that it was heavy Batman in the beginning but balanced out as the movie went on and that was not the case at all in the theatrical cut. The movie very heavily leaned Batman through and through. If you think back, all of Superman's scenes are very very very brief up until the confrontation with Lex on the rooftop. Then when you watch the trailer the only new Batman stuff was the security cam footage, brief snippet of Jena and the rest was all Clark/Superman.

Interesting take on that rumor.

wwttuxk.png

Kibbles

There was a suicide Squad screening in Sacramento last night. And just to note: these have been random test screenings with surveys and not fan screenings like BvS. People said they were given flyers for an upcoming action movie.

Movie has been estimated to be around 1hr 50min but they were stressed CG, Score, etc was still unfinished. (Makes sense, David Ayer tweeted the orchestra working on it just the other day). NDAs of course but that doesn't stop Twitter

Some reactions:

Spencer Dennison‏ @ThrowAway123157
#SuicideSquad had what #BatmanvSuperman desperately needed.
Fun.

#SuicideSquad After seeing the film Killer Croc is still my favorite villain, with @JaredLeto Joker right behind.

#SuicideSquad Didn't know who Diablo was going in, but wow. He's in my top 3 now.

Looking back at the @ScottEastwood rumors is pretty comical.

Brandon‏ @BrandonV_98
I just saw an early screening of suicide squad...and holy shit that was the best superhero movie I've ever seen!!!!!😱😱Way better than BvS!!!

Constance Gee‏ @1CGeez
#SuicideSquad @MargotRobbie @JaredLeto @violadavis I CAN'T!! INCREDIBLE!!! THANKS, FROM SACRAMENTO!! AWESOME!!

On Joker:
Keke ‏@JunsusChin
@xI_Ace_xI Absolutely amazing. His acting was on point and it reminded me a bit of Heath Ledger's perf mixed with his own acting.

On Harley: Harley was amazing. She definitely added to the humor in the movie and her action scenes were bada

On Deadshot: he was amazing. So good that at the end of one of his action scenes, everyone started clapping.

Edit: GAF lies this Google keyboard is garbage, formatting and spelling mistakes all over.

Effect

The "more Batman" rumor has stuck with me for a while as well. I do wonder with all this additional Clark and Superman footage if they took what was pretty much a Superman movie featuring Batman and attempted to reversed it or balance it when they cut the film down even more. It makes sense with the impressions and talk that MoS, BvS, and JL would pretty much be a trilogy as far as Superman's character arc is concerned and the big events taking place in MoS and BvS. If they readjusted the balance that also would explain Cavil's dialogue situation that some have brought up. So while he's physically there a lot his dialogue likely took the hit. I am curious as to what the balance will be and what it will feel like with the new version.

SJRB

Gold Member
Well I know there was a screening last night so tweets around that time do seem legit. There's another screening in Seattle just within 2 weeks as well.

O I know there were screenings, I'm just saying that extremely positive responses from random people being invited to early screenings hold little merit in term of the movie's actual quality.

Unfortinately that's what critics and audiences want out of these movies. Because even if a movie is just middling if it's fun that's a positive you can always fall back on.
Well yeah. If it's a movie is entertaining, that's enough for me at a basic level. Anything more like a good story or great choreography is icing on the cake.

Ninjimbo

O I know there were screenings, I'm just saying that extremely positive responses from random people being invited to early screenings hold little merit in term of the movie's actual quality.
I don't get this. I saw BvS and my immediate reaction to the movie was exactly like a lot of those Twitter reactions that made the rounds before the movie came out. If you enjoyed the movie, you enjoyed it. I don't understand why that has to be grounds for dismissal.

It will be revealed that Slipknot actually has incredibly useful Megaman-esque copying powers but got stuck as a Ropeguy after a run in with a cursed Boy Scout.

Him naming himself Slipknot is just a coincidence (its his favorite band).

shingi70

Banned
Why is there such a big gap between digital and Physcial. I want to watch the Directors Cut as soon as possible but I'm not willing to double dip $40 into the movie.

J_Viper

Unfortinately that's what critics and audiences want out of these movies. Because even if a movie is just middling if it's fun that's a positive you can always fall back on.

It's a shame that "dark" is seen as a negative by so many, but as someone who enjoyed the likes of Jurassic World and TFA, I kinda get why these safer movies are so much more successful with the masses.

Still, I wish experimentation wasn't so discouraged.

Why is there such a big gap between digital and Physcial. I want to watch the Directors Cut as soon as possible but I'm not willing to double dip $40 into the movie.
There's this Bay that I know about...

a916

Because movies that get sent straight to BluRay leak 2-3 weeks before they even drop. This is the studio's way to get ahead slightly and give people a chance to buy it first from them.

Tabby

That trailer is really good I must say. Might be my favourite after the Comic-Con trailer.

People complained trailer #2 showed everything but I'm not hearing the same things for this trailer even though it arguably shows more; including the need for "the world to stand together" or something.

Penguin

People complained trailer #2 showed everything but I'm not hearing the same things for this trailer even though it arguably shows more; including the need for "the world to stand together" or something.

I mean the difference is the movie has been out for about 3 months now

Penguin

That doesn't affect the quality of the trailer though, and there's still people that hasn't seen the movie.

Well don't take those points too seriously

From what I've seen Civil War, Ninja Turtles and have to imagine Suicide Squad have all spoiled their finales in the trailers as well.

Okay if he isn't Shazam
I'm okay with him being a Lantern, but see him as more of a Guy than a Hal.

So

Tatum as Guy
Tyrese as John Stewart
Bradley Cooper as Hal Jordan

Yep, I'd pass. Strong was a good Sinestro, but still traumatized by seeing parallax as a fucking cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom