• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

qBpAvdU.jpg

The DC Extended Universe

A series of interconnected films produced by Warner Bros starring heroes and villains from the DC Universe.

Tales of the Superfriends

These are the movies/features already released under the DCEU banner.

• Man of Steel (2013)
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Secret Origins of the Superfriends

Here are the movies scheduled to release. Not all movies are included, mostly if they haven't officially been announced.

• Suicide Squad – August 5th, 2016
  • Wonder Woman – June 2nd, 2017
  • Justice League – November 17th, 2017
  • The Flash – March 16th, 2018
  • Aquaman – July 27th, 2018
  • Shazam – 2019
  • Justice League: Part Two – 2019
  • Cyborg – 2020
  • Green Lantern - 2020

The World’s Greatest Superfriends

tumblr_nyx95rwgX31r5rk9to4_r1_500.gif

Gathered together from the cosmic reaches of the universe, here in the Great Hall of Justice are the most powerful forces of good ever assembled! Their mission: To fight injustice, to right that which is wrong, and to serve all mankind!

Henry Cavill – Superman
(Films: Man of Steel, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League: Part One and Part Two)

Ben Affleck – Batman
(Films: Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Justice League: Part One and Part Two)

Gal Gadot – Wonder Woman
(Films: Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Wonder Woman, Justice League: Part One and Part Two)
Ezra Miller – The Flash
(Films: Batman v Superman: DoJ, The Flash, Justice League: Part One and Part Two)

Jason Momoa – Aquaman
(Films: Aquaman, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League: Part One and Part Two)

Ray Fisher – Cyborg
(Films: Cyborg, Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League: Part One and Part Two)

The Challengers of the Superfriends
tumblr_nrg93lykoU1r3yx5lo2_500.gif

Banded together from remote galaxies, are some of the most sinister villains of all time: The Legion of Doom, dedicated to a single objective, the conquest of the universe!

Michael Shannon – General Zod
(Films: Man of Steel)

Jesse Eisenberg – Lex Luthor
(Films: Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice)

Robin Atkin Downes - Doomsday
Films: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson – Black Adam
(Films: Shazam)

Jared Leto - The Joker
Films: Suicide Squad

Will Smith - Deadshot (Floyd Lawton)

Margot Robbie - Harley Quinn

Jai Courtney - Captain Boomerang

Cara Develinge - Enchantress

Joel Kinnaman - Rick Flagg

Viola Davis - Amanda Waller
Suicide Squad

The Giants of Doom

The men and women behind these movies.

• Geoff Johns and Jon Berg - The current (and newish) braintrust behind the DCEU. While they seem to be responsible for some of the early films, are fully on-boarded with 2017’s Justice League film.
  • Zack Snyder - The man responsible for shaping the DCEU in its current form. Directed first two entries, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. Will next take the director’s seat for Justice League in 2017.
  • David Ayer - Writer/director of the upcoming Suicide Squad movie.
  • Patty Jenkins - Director of 2017’s Wonder Woman film.
  • Rick Famuyiwa - Director of 2018’s The Flash film.
  • James Wan - Director of 2018’s Aquaman film.
  • Chris Terriro - Writer of Batman v Superman and Justice League.

Hall of Justice - Media from the movies.

Trailers

(Thanks to The Icon for gathering these)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnBEg0jclAAHV-ZYSxyL5e8I1aJRK750V

Posters

The Real Star
- Batman who? Wonder What? No everyone knows the main attraction for the DCEU is Ropeguy. Swinging into our hearts, and soon the rest of the world. Ropeguy is the star of the upcoming Suicide Squad movie, and no doubt countless spin-offs as he will of course survive the film!

GpMLiAm.gif

CdIGhQkWEAEQ-nn.jpg

CY8OAPCWYAEm_Wq.jpg

shingi70

Banned
Like the OP, but shouldn't the character part use images from the films, though I guess that's hard to do until the end of the mobth

Penguin

Like the OP, but shouldn't the character part use images from the films, though I guess that's hard to do until the end of the mobth

I was going to... or find manips... but couldn't find either so went with some art

Will change eventually

Hopefully by SDCC

Effect

Awesome OT. Said in the old thread but Lex is suppose to be in the first Justice League film as well. The actor recently confirmed that.

shingi70

Banned
Guess there's a rumor going around about Suicide Squad
that
the flash has a cameo when we get Boomerang's flashback.

Penguin

Can't believe Suicide Squad is almost upon us.
Oh and that reminds me

This isn't necessarily a "catch-all" thread for DC Films. There is a Suicide Squad thread and sure a new Wonder Woman thread will be made for first trailer/footage or what have you

To fix the Doomsday Credit in OP

Robin Atkin Downes Mo-capped and provided the Doomsday Vocals.

And thanks

Also thinking of adding a new section for supporting characters. But major ones like Lois, Alfred, Gordon, etc

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That Joker/Harley prequel comic is up at Reddit on the DC comics sub. Not very informative, but it's something.

GeeTeeCee

Nice OT. Saw Suicide Squad posters (not new designs or anything) hanging in my local cinema when I went to see X-Men last night. It was nice to see it out in the wild, reminding me that it's getting closer.

Technically, technically, this is the DC Extended Universe OT1. Previous thread was the Cinematic Universe thread. Now some poor soul will search for DCEU OT1 and won't find it.

Aaaaah, that new OT smell.

Slipknot is sorely underrepresented, though. Star of SS should have better billing, or what are we doing here, really?

Technically, technically, this is the DC Extended Universe OT1. Previous thread was the Cinematic Universe thread. Now some poor soul will search for DCEU OT1 and won't find it.

>implying that anybody ever looks at old community threads for anything but in-joke quotes

That Joker/Harley prequel comic is up at Reddit on the DC comics sub. Not very informative, but it's something.
Yeah, the reference to
Selina Kyle's biological dad as a mob enemy of The Joker's
is interesting as hell. Mob Boss
Selina
incoming?

Penguin

If you ever want to find a thread by me... just search for the Superfriends!
;)

IconGrist

Hah, never thought of it like that. Nice.

I can't wait for the home release and find as many of these as possible. Someone on the reddit sub brought up KGBeast says a line to Martha before he's about to burn her that comes from a song that was playing while he was buffing the floor waiting for Lois earlier in the movie.

Now I know why I was probably the only one around me that chuckled at that part. Seems most didn't make the connection lol.

I can't wait for the home release and find as many of these as possible. Someone on the reddit sub brought up KGBeast says a line to Martha before he's about to burn her that comes from a song that was playing while he was buffing the floor waiting for Lois earlier in the movie.

Yeah I noticed that too. Some really nice touches in this film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom