• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

I can't wait for the home release and find as many of these as possible. Someone on the reddit sub brought up KGBeast says a line to Martha before he's about to burn her that comes from a song that was playing while he was buffing the floor waiting for Lois earlier in the movie.

I remember that bit actually.
But yeah, I'm guessing there's a bunch of little things that people missed originally.

Ninjimbo

giphy.gif

re posted so i can find it with ease

wwttuxk.png
I am rooting so hard for the WW movie. Imagine if it ends up being as good as Batman Begins was.

I am rooting so hard for the WW movie. Imagine if it ends up being as good as Batman Begins was.

HaHa that would be nice but I really doubt that. I'm not expecting anything of that quality from either dcu or mcu until maybe the next batman film or suicide squad

Also I still am wondering if gal can carry her own movie. The character is huge of course but I still dunno about her. This is gonna be the big one for her to show us what she got.

Themyscira gonna be hella interesting though. Could be a very unique perspective on the genre since it's entirely female oriented

Edit; haha yeah I noticed that right away with the lex scene. She seemed annoyed he was talking about Greek myth

Tabby

The only thing that worries me is the writer.

The comic book industry really needs a good female super hero movie and there's no one better than Wonder Woman to give us it, I really hope it does well.

I really love the Ropeguy thing because he is, like, the DEADEST character I've ever seen. Never before have I seen material for a movie and gone like "okay, yeah, he dead" with more certainty.

Tabby

I really love the Ropeguy thing because he is, like, the DEADEST character I've ever seen. Never before have I seen material for a movie and gone like "okay, yeah, he dead" with more certainty.
He's secretly the movie's big bad and you know it.

Super Friends was what got me into Green Lantern way back when. Watching it as a kid, his power set was the coolest. Next time I saw him out of comics was the Superman TAS episode with the amalgam of Kyle and Hal.

Curious if the Wonder Twins are a part of the public consciousness anymore. Feels like forever since somebody made a joke at their expense.

Maddocks

Dat new thread smell, can't wait to complain in this place about off topic and how it sucks.

I kid I kid.

Man I wonder if it's all being filmed inside a studio with green screen. Surely some location shots would have been posted online by photogs by now

The way Zack talked about it during the BvS press tour, most of it is being filmed on sound stages due to the logistics of location shoots. I'm sure there will be some, but I doubt we see much at this point.

I think someone mentioned some London shoots and Iceland? It doesn't help we never got a press release when filming started. I feel like that's where we learned most of the location sites for BvS.

shingi70

Banned
I assumed that leaked shot of Wonder Woman next to a Wayne truck was done for Justice League.

I hope Justice League action turns out good.

DaveH

Anyone know if sound stage shooting is generally cheaper or more expensive for a film?
Generally, cheaper for big budget films.

Shooting on location means you're trying to get value from the location which you can't get from a stage or reproduce with CGI.

Ninjimbo

HaHa that would be nice but I really doubt that. I'm not expecting anything of that quality from either dcu or mcu until maybe the next batman film or suicide squad

Also I still am wondering if gal can carry her own movie. The character is huge of course but I still dunno about her. This is gonna be the big one for her to show us what she got.

Themyscira gonna be hella interesting though. Could be a very unique perspective on the genre since it's entirely female oriented

Edit; haha yeah I noticed that right away with the lex scene. She seemed annoyed he was talking about Greek myth
Batman Begins is my standard for origin movies so I really want to see something at that level again. One of the things that I liked about it was that it dove into the Batman mythology headfirst and didn't seem to make any compromises doing so. You had like three villains, a complex story and a Batman that didn't appear until like an hour into the movie. In some ways, the movie felt ballsy (for lack of a better word). I hope the WW movie adopts that sort of attitude. Also, I hope it isn't called Wonder Woman either! I want a title like Man of Steel or The Dark Knight.

As for Gal, I think if she can just hang with the supporting cast she has, she'll be fine.

Just read The Suicide Squad Harley Quinn shampoo comic and really liked it. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it, but I will say I actually was really surprised to see a glimpse of the dynamic between the Joker and Harley. It felt very dense for a comic that is super short, especially compared to the other movie tie-in Comics we have gotten. Definitely worth checking out:

https://m.imgur.com/a/v0o92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom