• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
Giving him a blank cheque for his passion project that costs a lot of money? (I imagine that would move the needle for a lot of people)

That sounds like a terrible idea, Hal Jordan should be carrying the torch as the main GL for a while... we're already talking about an over the hill Jordan?

There's nothing bubble gum about what they've done so far.. bubble gum would be playing it safe... they've given us a film universe that sees a damn Suicide Squad and Justice League movie before a Batman movie. A BATMAN movie. The ballsy choices about Batman, killing off Superman, they've don't nothing but be ballsy. He's definitely a racist though, but he still gets work which means Hollywood doesn't care about that if you're good enough.

Well Hal to be old veteran Lantern.

Hope the Gibson news isn't true, would hate to not see add movie.

Raptor

Like, you can't say "I hope you get raped by a pack of wild niggers" and just brush that shit off your shoulders

I apologize, it was not my intention what all of you thought, even though some have known me in discord for a long time still thinks I was making fun of a thing like that.

Sorry.

My man.

Mel for SS2 would be insane. I want this to happen so badly just so I can see how far he would go with it. He would give those villains the edge they lacked in the original. I want to see Killer Croc bite off a dude's arm and use it to rape somebody.

More likely..😐

"wild niggers" lmao

The "wild" part makes me laugh a lot, I imagine him saying "by a pack of wild mexicans" rofl.

Instead of getting angry I would be laughing my way to the freezer to take a beer.

But he got caught and that will not go away ever.

He thinks we're dingoes, apparently..it's funny..😐

PBY

Banned
"wild niggers" lmao

The "wild" part makes me laugh a lot, I imagine him saying "by a pack of wild mexicans" rofl.

Instead of getting angry I would be laughing my way to the freezer to take a beer.

This is a really bad post.

Odoul

Giving him a blank cheque for his passion project that costs a lot of money? (I imagine that would move the needle for a lot of people)

That sounds like a terrible idea, Hal Jordan should be carrying the torch as the main GL for a while... we're already talking about an over the hill Jordan?

There's nothing bubble gum about what they've done so far.. bubble gum would be playing it safe... they've given us a film universe that sees a damn Suicide Squad and Justice League movie before a Batman movie. A BATMAN movie. The ballsy choices about Batman, killing off Superman, they've don't nothing but be ballsy. He's definitely a racist though, but he still gets work which means Hollywood doesn't care about that if you're good enough.

That's what I mean, they WERE positioning themselves as the comic book flicks with the slightly harder edge to them until they started tossing their directors under the bus.

I've enjoyed all of the DC universe movies on at least some level so far. But the nonsense coming out of them since they let the second director for The Flash go is REALLY sucking the joy and anticipation out of things for me.

Slayven

"wild niggers" lmao

I am glad the dehumanization of minorities is amusing to you.

I mean Killer Croc is the equivalent to a pack of wild niggers right?

wuOMSLF.gif

Raptor

Im even saying that if he says about my own persona would laugh maybe I should I said "wild wetback browns"? would have been more explicit what Im trying to convey here? geez, thats me though, you cant take it personal all you want.

I laugh at that because it aint as if he murdered people or anything.

But I should know better the internet is sooooooooooo damn soft.

shingi70

Banned
How is Warner Bros gonna make a movie that got a ton of praise for diversity and got minority and women to see it in droves. Then follow it up with a racist director.

LionPride

Banned
Im even saying that if he says about my own persona would laugh maybe I should I said "wild wetback browns"? would have been more explicit what Im trying to convey here? geez, thats me though, you cant take it personal all you want.

I laugh at that because it aint as if he murdered people or anything.

Most people don't take kindly to being called niggers or thinking that something along those lines is funny

duckroll

How is Warner Bros gonna make a movie that got a ton of praise for diversity and got minority and women to see it in droves. Then follow it up with a racist director.

Gotta move with the times. Suicide Squad was made on the assumption that the US was leaning progressive, but with the reality of the country being a white nationalist state out in the open, they just have to adapt. Problem?

Does that means the "everything is on hold until JL" crowd are falling for fake news?

I don't see how this would be evidence of that. Why would they completely put everything on hold? They have to be ready to keep the ball rolling. However, there is a big difference between things being in production and have talks with a bunch of people and having them write some scripts.

You don't want to ask questions where the answers will likely depress the fuck out of you. Most probably won't even know Gibson is directing the film and there will be another group that probably won't even be old enough to know what Gibson did in the past.

Most people don't take kindly to being called niggers or thinking that something along those lines is funny

Yeah..I ain't the internet. I'm a fucking human being who'd crack his fucking skull open saying some shit like that around me. How does reacting to pack of nigger makes someone soft? Holy shit..

Raptor

Did I even said that?

I even said in my post the "wild" part, I never implied something else, but ok I will edit the post because it appears its too sensitive.

Holy shit man, the more I know the more I think im super naive in all this stuff.

duckroll

Did I even said that?

I even said in my post the "wild" part, I never implied something else, but ok I will edit the post because it appears its too sensitive.

Holy shit man, the more I know the more I think im super naive in all this stuff.

I mean, I'm not sure what you're even trying to say here. You basically quoted a really racist thing, and then converted it into another racist thing, and said you found it really funny. Like... okay?

??????

?_?

LionPride

Banned
Did I even said that?

Yeah just maybe...

Raptor

I mean, I'm not sure what you're even trying to say here. You basically quoted a really racist thing, and then converted it into another racist thing, and said you found it really funny. Like... okay?

??????

?_?

No, my whole post was about that he said something, and I said "this part is funny to me" and then I Said even if he had said to me personally "wild mexicans" like I would still find it funny, like I dont care, I dont know the guy, I dont care if he is racist, I dont take it personally if he insults me, that was my whole point.

Like a way of saying, "this drunk piece of shit is not making any fucking sense thats how stupid he sounds" kinda of way, but all here took as in I was making fun or something, like I said I acted naive in thinking peopel know me or how I am.

I apologized anyway.

BadAss2961

Actually sounds like an opportunity for redemption. Taking such a diverse cast, bonding with them like Ayer did, and making a good movie out of it. I bet most are fickle enough to forgive if were to deliver that kind of fan favorite film.

LionPride

Banned
Actually sounds like an opportunity for redemption. Taking such a diverse cast, bonding with them like Ayer did, and making a good movie out of it. I bet most are fickle enough to forgive if were to deliver that kind of fan favorite film.
As you know, not I

Dude could make the bestest movie in the whole wide world

Still wouldn't watch

Raptor

God fordbid you never get as drunk and be as angry as to make incredible stupid mistakes and that you get caught saying it.

I have been super drunk and never said anythign liek that but still have awaken not knowing what I did a night before lol.

LionPride

Banned
But dat Chick-Fil-A.

I'd give up chicken till SS2 release for Mel to direct this.
I openly admitted I'm a hypocrite in that one scenario

I learn K.Dot is a woman beater or rapist? Nope I ain't listening.

I don't seperate art from artist well most times

God fordbid you never get as drunk and be as angry as to make incredible stupid mistakes and that you get caught saying it.
God forbid you don't say racist ass shit and just so happen to be caught saying.

I ain't got it in me to be racist, sexist, or any of that so...

duckroll

I have been super drunk and never said anythign liek that but still have awaken not knowing what I did a night before lol.

Okay? I'm not sure if batting for a guy who told his ex that he hoped she would get "raped by a pack of wild niggers" is really something you want to spend your time on GAF on? Like, what's the end game here?

One second you apologize and the next this? I've never been drunk mad at someone and start spewing racial slurs about people for no reason. If you do? Bueno, Pancho..no se que decirte. I've been called nigger all my life..being kicked, punched, spit on..whatever. I don't take that shit lightly, and I don't find excuses to do so to others..fuck that.

Raptor

Okay? I'm not sure if batting for a guy who told his ex that he hoped she would get "raped by a pack of wild niggers" is really something you want to spend your time on GAF on? Like, what's the end game here?

No end game, just that in my mind we are all human beings, we all make mistakes, I try to think people have good inside and that make mistakes, I dont jump immediatly to hate bandwagons even if what a person did was very wrong.

I try to look it in an objectively way, and yes sometimes in a parody dark humour way, I dont see "evil" when I see people, I guess the end game here is that I should shut up and not spaek my mind because not all think like me and what I say could potentially be taken in a completly different way of I meant.

But lesson learned, like I said, I didnt meant any harm.

One second you apologize and the next this? I've never been drunk mad at someone and start spewing racial slurs about people for no reason. If you do? Bueno, Pancho..no se que decirte. I've been called nigger all my life..being kicked, punched, spit on..whatever. I don't take that shit lightly, and I don't find excuses to do so to others..fuck that.

Look man, if what I said hurt your feelings in any possibly way I apologize from deep my heart, I know what is being hated as minority in another country, Im a mexican, I been told to build a wall by the president of the US, I have been told many names, even by friends on Discord, I have NEVER took it as an attack to my persona even if the intent was that, liek I say I dont see evil in people and will never see it in my so called "DC friends here" being called an "idiot" for having an opinion does affected me tho but thats another matter.

Liek you just called me "pancho" thats a eral racist thing you just said to me and I dont take it as an attack even if you did it attaking me.

But ok man.

IconGrist

Raptor's bad at explaining himself. If I remember correctly English is not his first language. Anyway his point is basically that Mel in a drunken rage said something vile but if it had been directed at him he'd take it in stride as just being a stupid thing because of how absurd it is to say that and move on. He's not defending Mel nor downplaying how other minorities feel about the comments. Just how he'd personally react.

No end game, just that in my mind we are all human beings, we all make mistakes, I try to think people have good inside and that make mistakes, I dont jump immediatly to hate bandwagons even if what a person did was very wrong.

I try to look it in an objectively way, and yes sometimes in a parody dark humour way, I dont see "evil" when I see people, I guess the end game here is that I should shut up and not spaek my mind because not all think like me and what I say could potentially be taken in a completly different way of I meant.

But lesson learned, like I said, I didnt meant any harm.

Humans apologize for their mistakes.

He has publicly not done so, and has publicly said in fact he didn't regret saying it. He doesn't consider it a mistake.

PBY

Banned
Raptor's bad at explaining himself. If I remember correctly English is not his first language. Anyway his point is basically that Mel in a drunken rage said something vile but if it had been directed at him he'd take it in stride as just being a stupid thing because of how absurd it is to say that and move on. He's not defending Mel nor downplaying how other minorities feel about the comments. Just how he'd personally react.

I got that; its still a shitty thing to say. Makes those who are affected feel like they're somehow more sensitive/can't handle a joke - when in reality these words fucking matter and contribute to real, systemic issues. He also doubled down.

LionPride

Banned

Like, I don't take kindly to nigger

Call me a porch monkey I'll fucking laugh

Call me a nigger? I'll slap the shit outta you drunk or not

That's me

I got that; its still a shitty thing to say. Makes those who are affected feel like they're somehow more sensitive/can't handle a joke. He also doubled down.
He like triple downed and said people who take offense are sensitive

Raptor

Shit man, I feel like if Im a fucking racist myself even tho in my heart I did nothing wrong.

:(

Icon, I will send you a message man.

duckroll

Okay but why do we need to know this? Like, when you share something with others, you're usually either making a point, or trying to tell other people something about yourself, or both.

I'm not sure what is gained from opening this discussion point to begin with telling people that you personally would not be offended at a racist comment made in drunken rage, and then saying that you'll find it funny. Like.... okay? The response from normal people isn't going to be "damn, you got a point son!" but rather "uhhh... okay..."

Raptor

Hurt my feelings..yeah, I'm done.

Dude dont be like that, I didnt called you names and yet you did called me "pancho"

You did attacked me directly with a racist name I didn't.

Okay but why do we need to know this? Like, when you share something with others, you're usually either making a point, or trying to tell other people something about yourself, or both.

I'm not sure what is gained from opening this discussion point to begin with telling people that you personally would not be offended at a racist comment made in drunken rage, and then saying that you'll find it funny. Like.... okay? The response from normal people isn't going to be "damn, you got a point son!" but rather "uhhh... okay..."
I will tell you why, I an others have played with dark shit like that on another ocassions, we all know is playing, I thought people would take it that way, but instead got taken completly in a different manner.

I dont know what to say anymore.

IconGrist

It's kind of a double-edged sword. Some people brush it off as just words and others take offense (and they should) but the former doesn't make someone like Raptor a bad person or even naive. It just takes a bit more than words to cut him like that. It's not intended to downplay someone else's reactions or imply someone else is sensitive.

You said it yourself there in the bolded. This is a forum in which people are allowed to share their viewpoints is it not? It's not like he started talking about Mel's comments in here before anyone else. He merely stated he'd just kind of laugh at Mel about it if it was directed at him.

It's strange how people are able to communicate on this board with no problem, then they say some racially-insensitive stuff and all of a sudden it's just because of a language barrier.

You're barely in here and usually instigating something as you are now when you do show up. Raptor has had several issues getting his point across due to the language barrier.

jmood88

It's strange how people are able to communicate on this board with no problem, then they say some racially-insensitive stuff and all of a sudden it's just because of a language barrier.

LionPride

Banned
Dude dont be like that, I didnt called you names and yet you did called me "pancho"

You did attacked me directly with a racist name I didn't.

I will tell you why, I an others have played with dark shit like that on another ocassions, we all know is playing, I thought people would take it that way, but instead got taken completly in a different manner.

Bruh not everyone here ya friend, we ain't people you can say dumb shit to and we'll laugh it off, since this convo started you've been saying sus ass shit, it got taken at face value, just what you said. Not anything else.

It's kind of a double-edged sword. Some people brush it off as just words and others take offense (and they should) but the former doesn't make someone like Raptor a bad person or even naive. It just takes a bit more than words to cut him like that. It's not intended to downplay someone else's reactions or imply someone else is sensitive.

But when you literally say "But I forgot people are soooooooooo sensitive" what am I supposed to think?

duckroll

I apologized anyway.

Shit man, I feel like if Im a fucking racist myself even tho in my heart I did nothing wrong.

Language barrier issue? I don't think so. You just feel you are entitled to publicly declare how funny you find racism, but anyone who reacts negatively is "in the wrong" in your head, not yourself. You feel that society is oversensitive and forcing you to feel bad and apologize for something that is "not wrong" but you will do so because you want to "conform" but begrudgingly.

Am I wrong?

Raptor

I get that, my mistake was thinking I was on Discord or something, I wont make excuses from myself, what I said was taken in a way I didnt intent, is simple as that, if some believe me is ok if some think Im a really bad person and racist that laughs and enjoy when people make fun of minorities I sicerily beg you reconsider.

And LionPride you are supposed to think that Im not sensitive to that kind of stuff myself and that others are, no obscure meaning.

LionPride

Banned
I get that, my mistake was thinking I was on Discord or something, I wont make excuses from myself, what I said was taken in a way I didnt intent, is simple as that, if some believe me is ok if some think Im a really bad person and racist that laughs and enjoy when people make fun of minorities I sicerily beg you reconsider.

And LionPride you are supposed to think that Im not sensitive to that kind of stuff myself and that others are, no obscure meaning.

I'm supposed to think?

Bro the first thing you said was the internet is sensative

You don't see the problem there

Language barrier issue? I don't think so. You just feel you are entitled to publicly declare how funny you find racism, but anyone who reacts negatively is "in the wrong" in your head, not yourself. You feel that society is oversensitive and forcing you to feel bad and apologize for something that is "not wrong" but you will do so because you want to "conform" but begrudgingly.

Am I wrong?

You already know the answer

Raptor

Am I wrong?

I dont honestly know from where you got that about me, Im like the polar opposite of what you are saying and I do find insulting that you even think like that about me, I dont find funny racism, oh my god.

PBY

Banned
I dont honestly know from where you got that about me, Im like the polar opposite of what you are saying and I do find insulting that you even think like that about me, I dont find funny racism, oh my god.

I'm not going to pile on - but this is textbook **person says super racist shit, comes out and says I'm not a racist that's not who I am, and fails to look inward and learn/course-correct**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom