• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there are a few other names on that list.

Sources tell Variety that in addition to Gibson, Warners has met with — or is planning to meet with — Ruben Fleischer (“Zombieland”), Daniel Espinosa (“Safe House”), and Jonathan Levine (“Warm Bodies”).

Insiders say the list could grow and that there is no front-runner at the moment.

Slayven

I get that, my mistake was thinking I was on Discord or something, I wont make excuses from myself, what I said was taken in a way I didnt intent, is simple as that, if some believe me is ok if some think Im a really bad person and racist that laughs and enjoy when people make fun of minorities I sicerily beg you reconsider.

And LionPride you are supposed to think that Im not sensitive to that kind of stuff myself and that others are, no obscure meaning.

Im even saying that if he says about my own persona would laugh maybe I should I said "wild wetback browns"? would have been more explicit what Im trying to convey here? geez, thats me though, you cant take it personal all you want.

I laugh at that because it aint as if he murdered people or anything.

But I should know better the internet is sooooooooooo damn soft.

Nah you are mad you got called out

Dude dont be like that, I didnt called you names and yet you did called me "pancho"

You did attacked me directly with a racist name I didn't.

"¿Que vola, Pancho?" is something I grew up hearing growing up in Miami..it was said to all..it was said to me. Now, if that's a Mexican slur, then you'll never see me direct it towards you again..simple as that. I'll respond to the rest of your post later..

Bro the first thing you said was the internet is sensative

Just wanna make sure I'm not the one losing it..

duckroll

He's directing Gotham City Sirens instead.

Is that supposed to be made at the same time as SS2? Maybe I'm totally out of the loop, but my assumption when that was announced was that it would be fast tracked and SS2 would be made after it, with Ayer doing all of it.

Raptor

I'm not going to pile on - but this is textbook **person says super racist shit, comes out and says I'm not a racist that's not who I am, and fails to look inward and learn/course-correct**

Im not racist, I feel Im being judged by something I did not intent, in my original post I even said why I found it funny, it was not the racist word but the other word used, I even gave an example citing my own countrymen way of being called as to make a point that is not the racist word itself but the way it was said.

But all that was taken from that post was that I was laughing at how Mel did a racist thing and made fun of that particular group of persons, I found it funny in the same way I find it funny in movies games, etc. hence my "sensitive" post too.

I didnt even occur to me that I was goind to be cataloged as racist myself.

I honestly dont know how more I can explain myself without digging deeper what I was brougth to myself.

IconGrist

But when you literally say "But I forgot people are soooooooooo sensitive" what am I supposed to think?

Isn't throwing shade at him for being insensitive basically the same thing?

You're sensitive!
You're insensitive!

What is he or you supposed to think or even talk about with that kind of back and forth?

Wouldn't it just be more prudent to say, "Well that's you but I find that shit fucking despicable..." or something similar? There's at least a line of conversation to be had there even if its uncomfortable.

Raptor is being dogpiled on right now and he's like the nicest guy in here.

I've been subjected to plenty of racism in my life and I have an entire side of my family that went hard on the support for Trump who have basically shunned me from the family for not following suit so I can understand what it's like to be a bit hardened and someone's words falling flat.

Anyway, I'm done with this discussion. Raptor's a good guy and a great father so it bugged me to see him getting thrashed.

a916

Depending on the style, I can't think of a dream casting for this project. I felt like Ayer would've been the best one with his dark humor (we didn't even get that).

LionPride

Banned

You're sensitive!
You're insensitive!

What is he or you supposed to think or even talk about with that kind of back and forth?

Wouldn't it just be more prudent to say, "Well that's you but I find that shit fucking despicable..." or something similar? There's at least a line of conversation to be had there even if its uncomfortable.

I've been subjected to plenty of racism in my life and I have an entire side of my family that went hard on the support for Trump who have basically shunned me from the family for not following suit so I can understand what it's like to be a bit hardened and someone's words falling flat.

Anyway, I'm done with this discussion. Raptor's a good guy and a great father so it bugged me to see him getting thrashed.

And do you understand that sometimes people really say something dumb, try to double down and act like they never said it, and don't take credit for their actions? That's my issue right now. You can't say some sus shit, then keep fucking going. I more or less did say do you, but he kept fucking going.

He's getting dogpiled because he said some sus shit

Straight up

shingi70

Banned
Is that supposed to be made at the same time as SS2? Maybe I'm totally out of the loop, but my assumption when that was announced was that it would be fast tracked and SS2 would be made after it, with Ayer doing all of it.

That's what is assumed as well, if only to have Harley in both.

Production doesn't start until at least summer last I heard, and there's still a bunch of casting that needs done/announced. I can believe it's getting fast tracked, but it seems like it'd be cutting it close for a director to be finishing that up and starting SS2 if you wanted to get it started this year.

BadAss2961

You're sensitive!
You're insensitive!

Nicest guy here is banned.

#freestrafer

Dysun

Gibson directing SS2 would actually drum up some interest in the project for me.
Outside of Cyborg I can't think of a 'rumored/announced' movie I'd want less. Maybe New Mutants or Gambit

Ashhong

Finally continuing my first watch of Suicide Squad. Flag is terrible. I hate this actor. He was bad in House of Cards too Robbie kills it tho

Flag could have been Tom Hardy.

:(

What a waste of Tom Hardy that would have been tho. I don't like innaritu much but his role in revenant was way more entertaining (and rewarding) than this shit

But if somehow mel gibson actually boards SS2 then I'll be a bit miffed that hardy wasn't in it.

Honestly I think everybody sucks ass in suicide squad except waller, deadshot and the prison guard

Harley was corny and now they're giving her a lead in a spinoff. Aye caramba

Flag could have been Tom Hardy.

:(
Do you know why Hardy was initially casted as Flag?

9j5Qopc.png

Seeing Kroll mention on twitter Mel and Will wanted to do The Accountant a few years back, but the studio didn't want to work with Mel makes me think this will probably end up happening.

Ross61

Seeing Kroll mention on twitter Mel and Will wanted to do The Accountant a few years back, but the studio didn't want to work with Mel makes me think this will probably end up happening.

He basically said that if Mel wants to do it it's his.

I'd prefer Jonathan Levine or Reuben Fleischer.

I wonder if WB gave him the option to choose between SS2 and Sirens or if he just got offered Sirens only.

They probably didn't offer anything yet besides ideas and thought for SS2,
He might not have even wanted to with what happened to 1.

However Margot and WB want a Harley movie, Margot is producing Sirens and based on production of SS probably wanted him back especially.

a916

Gibson directing SS2 would actually drum up some interest in the project for me.
Outside of Cyborg I can't think of a 'rumored/announced' movie I'd want less. Maybe New Mutants or Gambit

The Gotham Sirens one. I'll a Cyborg standalone before I'd want to watch Gotham Sirens.

The Gotham Sirens one. I'll a Cyborg standalone before I'd want to watch Gotham Sirens.

If they make it a GCS vs Birds of Pray movie, I will sing its praises from the highest mountain. There is nothing they could do to a Cyborg movie that would make me do the same. If they made it a Titans movie I'd be a bit less ambivalent, but nah.

Raptor

You've been one of the most welcoming from the bunch of "damaged" folks in here, so I find myself wanting to take the time to address what transpired earlier. Those not interested, just skip and move on. I'm not here to "dogpile" or whatever other phrase people tend to use here..I'm specifically speaking to Raptor about his prior post, and why I, singular, wasn't a fan..I'm not trying to have an extra conversation or explanation from parties not involved. Thanks.

I'm black. Was born that way. Can't change it. Didn't choose it. It's just the way it is. It, just like being Mexican or any other minority, isn't an easy thing in America. Fact is, it's not easy anywhere. Color, religion, customs, dialects..there are those that attack us just for not being them. It was a thing before I existed..it will be a thing when I'm dead and gone.

You are not responsible for the world's history..not as a whole. The history you control is your own. You forge your own reality. No man can't take that from you. We are individuals, and we walk our own path, and no one else's. We also have the capacity to empathise with those who don't quite follow our ways. It's hard to grasp in our youth, but with age, it becomes much clearer. To let know who I am, and where I come from, please..read this post.

On to the fuckery!

"wild niggers" lmao

The "wild" part makes me laugh a lot, I imagine him saying "by a pack of wild mexicans" rofl.

Instead of getting angry I would be laughing my way to the freezer to take a beer.

But he got caught and that will not go away ever.

I can't even begin to express to you how disappointing this was to read coming from you. As a person who has endured abuse from those that equated me and my family to rabid dogs..there is nothing to laugh about (for me, because I want to be clear). I was just shocked, but though it would pass..

Then..

Im even saying that if he says about my own persona would laugh maybe I should I said "wild wetback browns"? would have been more explicit what Im trying to convey here? geez, thats me though, you cant take it personal all you want.

I laugh at that because it aint as if he murdered people or anything.

But I should know better the internet is sooooooooooo damn soft.

Lemme show you how "the leader of the free world" saw us..this includes you, btw..

Richard Nixon said:
The Mexicans are a different cup of tea," says Nixon. "They have a heritage. At the present time they steal, they're dishonest. They do have some concept of family life, they don't live like a bunch of dogs, which the Negroes do live like.

That's our history. We've been nothing but mindless mongrels for hundreds of years to these people..they attack us in our cars, our homes, our jobs. We get shot up in our churches just for being black. We're police officers in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's soft? That's sensitive?

I thought better than to continue with the conversation. Maybe you just weren't thinking things through. But then..

God fordbid you never get as drunk and be as angry as to make incredible stupid mistakes and that you get caught saying it.

I have been super drunk and never said anythign liek that but still have awaken not knowing what I did a night before lol.

Not quoting anyone..just your need to defend esté pendejo de mierda for..reasons. I truly don't get it. You can watch his movies. You can visit his crib. You can go clubbing with the guy. Why the need to defend such a shit stain?

I'm truly done with the conversation. I certainly don't come here for THIS shit. Just please, recognize that just because you're willing to be called a "panchito" (a Mexican slur) by him, doesn't mean that the rest of us niggers (because we ain't no different) are ok with being called animals that roam and rape in packs.

Fuck that. Fuck him. Fuck those that think that way..✌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom