• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Journalism"

Thats david ehrlich. He throws a lot of shade lol but I think he can be a great reviewer. His top 10 lists are always money

Plus he at least acknowledged in his bvs review that it was going more interesting places than most comic book movies during its first half

Most other critics were too busy being appaled at the idea of a nihilistic batman and superman movie to actually give the idea any consideration aside from thinking it was a wrong or right thing to do

Most of the time it was I mean lol. Especially batmans state of mind. The ending turns things around.

For the record I also thought it was a bit too grim for its own good. Even tho it's not a gory scene or anything man it just looked off seeing batman hit superman with a kitchen sink lol. Many other comic movies have had more brutal attacks but the way the violence was shown in that scene made batman look like a sociopath

Maybe that was the point tho. I still don't know if snyder intends things or just accidentally stumbles onto it because he thought it looked cool.

IconGrist

Maybe that was the point tho. I still don't know if snyder intends things or just accidentally stumbles onto it because he thought it looked cool.

Intentional. Even that hole in the wall that Superman causes when he throws Batman was shaped to look like the hometown of Superman's creators. For all of Snyder's faults he is quite meticulous about what appears in frame.

Ross61

I honestly wouldn't mind that other Sneider rumor about Jaume Collet-Serra being considered the director for SS2. I'm sure Mel Gibson would be probably be a interesting choice, but fuck him. WB don't need to take PR chances like that. Especially with the type of headlines and shade they get.

Dead

well not really...yet
Most of the time it was I mean lol. Especially batmans state of mind. The ending turns things around.

For the record I also thought it was a bit too grim for its own good. Even tho it's not a gory scene or anything man it just looked off seeing batman hit superman with a kitchen sink lol. Many other comic movies have had more brutal attacks but the way the violence was shown in that scene made batman look like a sociopath

I've read enough interviews with the guy (as opposed to out of context quotes paraded on click bait shit hole websites) to know there's clear intent behind what's in these movies. Not to say there is some stuff that fans reach a little too far for, but most of it I think is clearly intended.

Odoul

I honestly wouldn't mind that other Sneider rumor about Jaume Collet-Serra being considered the director for SS2. I'm sure Mel Gibson would be probably be a interesting choice, but fuck him. WB don't need to take PR chances like that. Especially with the type of headlines and shade they get.

Agreed.

The guy is obviously super talented, but fuck him. I will not give him money. He's never even given a fake apology for the vile shit he said about black folks.

About a month back my niece and nephew (10 and 5) were over. We're just talking and watching old intros of cartoons from my childhood as a kid to see if she could recognize.

My niece ends up asking me if I've seen a bunch of different recent movies. She brings up Suicide Squad and how much she liked it.

It'd really suck if she gets tossed under the boss.

Ross61

Agreed.

The guy is obviously super talented, but fuck him. I will not give him money. He's never even given a fake apology for the vile shit he said about black folks.

About a month back my niece and nephew (10 and 5) were over. We're just talking and watching old intros of cartoons from my childhood as a kid to see if she could recognize.

My niece ends up asking me if I've seen a bunch of different recent movies. She brings up Suicide Squad and how much she liked it.

It'd really suck if she gets tossed under the boss.
I really want to know how Viola feels about this.

Ninjimbo

I've read enough interviews with the guy (as opposed to out of context quotes paraded on click bait shit hole websites) to know there's clear intent behind what's in these movies. Not to say there is some stuff that fans reach a little too far for, but most of it I think is clearly intended.
To add to this, I've begun to think that Snyder's background as a painter is what allows his movies to feel as layered as they are. There's a sense of detail in his movies that is rare to see, which is why nobody says anything bad about his ability to craft evocative visuals. It's something I dig about Snyder's films. There's no doubt in my mind that Snyder wants you to ponder about the things you're seeing and try to read into what's just on the surface.

His passion project was Sucker Punch and that's a film that was made to anger you if you took it at face value.

The Shallows guy would be great. DC has enough controversy without adding mel. I enjoyed Non-Stop as well

The director has been behind the best Liam Neeson action thrillers imo. Shallows was fun too. The man is great at giving us netflix classics. Would be a must to bring Liam in with him for suicide squad as well. Maybe rick flags dad haha

I'd still prefer mel gibson tho if he was given a large amount of control, that would be interesting to see. He could give us a real edgy dirty dozen suicide squad movie that we were originally promised. But I'll take Collet-Sera over the other rumored choices. If it's Ruben Fleischer I'm skipping it in theaters.

Run All Night is alright. Junkie XL's soundtrack for it sounded like he was training for Batman. Non-stop is dumb but kinda fun for it.

Best part of the bargain is if he can bring Liam Neeson with him.

he's really good at making those 90s thrillers you always used to watch on cable starring people like harrison ford or ashley judd lol.

all of them with liam neeson but I get the same vibes. I love stuff like that. they aint great films but a very reliable and enjoyable time. dude definitely has to bring in Liam Neeson if he signs on.

Penguin

Ladies and gentlemen, I venture to the mountaintop and I bring you the gift of... 4Chan rumors1

Green Lantern Corps is still set for a 2020 release date
will be based on Green Lantern Rebirth
Hal Jordan is the last GL left after the Corps was destroyed
John Stewart is based on both John and Kyle
story will be about Hal rebuilding Corps, with John, Kilowog, Soranik
Sinestro will have a minor role
main villains will be corrupted Guardians

The Batman is almost back at square one, because Reeves wants more creative control
original script had Deathstroke breaking villains out of Arkham
plan was for The Batman to set up several spinoff movies (ie, Sirens, Nightwing), establish Deathstroke as recurring villain, and tease sequel with Red Hood
no longer the plan, because Sirens might come out before The Batman
Reeves wants to do Joker, with or without Leto, and one other villain
Joe Mangiello is still interested in playing Deathstroke

WB wants Gotham City Sirens to be their "all-women" version of Fast and Furious
Harley breaks away from Joker, teams up with Catwoman and Poison Ivy to rob Black Mask (who's the main villain)
WB hoping that Jared Leto will return as Joker, but are prepared to go without him
Black Canary will play a role similar to the Rock in Fast Five, Oracle might show up, too
Academy Award-winning make up team will be on this, too

Shazam and Black Adam on hold, indefinitely, due to creative differences
The Rock wants Black Adam to be "dark and mature", to be the next "Logan", hoping for Oscar consideration
WB doesn't want that due to its proximity to Shazam, which will be a kid's movie

Nightwing is in early stages, but WB wants to fast track it to capitalize on a "Batman cinematic universe"
early drafts has Dick Grayson trying to protect Starfire, an alien refugee, from ARGUS
Chris McKay wants to include Oracle as a love interest, but WB likes the Captain Kirk/Star-Lord angle (ie, man hooking up with an alien)
some talk about doing an animated prologue to show Robin backstory
Deathstroke is a possibility, depending on what happens with The Batman

Cyborg is dead in all but name only
It might be revived as a Titans movie, depending on how Nightwing turns out
Until then, Ray Fisher will be in supporting/cameo roles in Justice League, Flash, and possible others

Zack Snyder will be directing Justice League 2
villain will be Superboy Prime, WB is eyeing Tom Welling

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
villain will be Superboy Prime, WB is eyeing Tom Welling

raw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom