• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

And y’all just spent two pages about how Whedon ruined Snyder’s and Terrio’s “vision”. Sometimes, some of you are just as bad as the dudes who go to every DCEU thread just to shitpost.

Wasn’t she pregnant or just had her child?
Her back was injured. That's why she would stand for interviews instead of sitting.

Neophant

I was actually OK with those purported spoilers *shrug*. But then again I'm hopeful that isn't the full extent of the film itself. I think no matter what, we can't expect a deep philosophical and serious tone the way BvS was for Justice League coming up. We just gotta take in the ride and have fun. Whedon may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's not like he hasn't proven himself to be great at establishing team dynamics.

IconGrist

I was actually OK with those purported spoilers *shrug*. But then again I'm hopeful that isn't the full extent of the film itself. I think no matter what, we can't expect a deep philosophical and serious tone the way BvS was for Justice League coming up. We just gotta take in the ride and have fun. Whedon may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's not like he hasn't proven himself to be great at establishing team dynamics.

Great is a stronger word than what I would use. And Whedon's team dynamics, specifically related to dialog, worked fine for what Marvel had set up. It's not exactly what WB had set up. If everyone in the JL suddenly becomes a comedian (which let's face it already looks to be the case in some respects) then it's going to be tonally jarring. I'm not saying JL needs to be as serious in tone as BvS was. Throw some levity in there. I'm okay with that. I just ask that it's kept consistent with the established characterizations.

J_Viper

I just ask that it's kept consistent with the established characterizations.

The problem here is, aside from Diana, most don't care for these interpretations of the characters so far.

I mean, I personally find Snyder's Batman and Superman to be very interesting, but those aren't the types of characters to hit a billion at the box office.

I'm already prepared to see a very different Batman in BvS

Penguin

21766701_1586308894723294_8146841230267767620_n.jpg

Ross61

Oh def confirmation bias on both sides.

And already starting the, well if this is in it... all Joss' fault, and this is all Zack's work

It shall be a fun November!
All Joss did was get asked for help with rewrites by Zack and step in when Zack couldn’t. We should be grateful but instead.....

DKRThzBVwAACbuY.jpg

I knew there was no way they leave Soup entirely out of the marketing

bet he's in the next trailer

The asymmetry of this is really bothering me. They have a 'center' figure even though there's six of them, and Aquaman's trident is supposed to balance with Batman but it's not in the right spot.

Ugh.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Okay guys. Just to clear up the confusion. Which post on reddit talked about the na na na na moment? The same guy with the fake ticket?
I think so? I still don't understand how that's supposed to play out. Like, Adam West Batman doesn't exist in their universe so why would Flash do the 60's theme song?

I think so? I still don't understand how that's supposed to play out. Like, Adam West Batman doesn't exist in their universe so why would Flash do the 60's theme song?

I mean, maybe it does. Or if not Adam West Batman, something similar that uses the themesong. Maybe people merchandized Batman at one point, made a show, hand the tune.

Neophant

Great is a stronger word than what I would use. And Whedon's team dynamics, specifically related to dialog, worked fine for what Marvel had set up. It's not exactly what WB had set up. If everyone in the JL suddenly becomes a comedian (which let's face it already looks to be the case in some respects) then it's going to be tonally jarring. I'm not saying JL needs to be as serious in tone as BvS was. Throw some levity in there. I'm okay with that. I just ask that it's kept consistent with the established characterizations.

I feel like we kinda got a few humorous interactions with that first Justice League trailer with Bruce saying "So I hear you can talk to fish", and that kind of sardonic, dry humor is really close to what I think we'll get with at least Batman in the film. And there were moments in BvS where Bruce tried making some jokes and having it fall flat ("I like those shoes", "Oh I bet with that dress 9 out of 10 men will let you get away with anything") so I think that particular characterization will remain consistent. Bigger question will be how Superman, after he returns from the dead, will act, and how that's going to be explained.

Penguin

It's a cute meta-reference.

I mean it's like how the Raimi Spider-man films all had nods to the 60s cartoon theme, but wouldn't make sense since the first movie was his origins.

I mean it's like how the Raimi Spider-man films all had nods to the 60s cartoon theme, but wouldn't make sense since the first movie was his origins.

Also, it's Flash who is doing it. If the gaffer doesn't like, how would the guy know about this (the one with the apparently fake ticket)?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

I guess so. I think it would be cooler if Barry mentions how Batman reminds him of an old cartoon called The Gray Ghost from the 50's.

Penguin

I guess so. I think it would be cooler if Barry mentions how Batman reminds him of an old cartoon called The Gray Ghost from the 50's.

Oh

Reminds me of the joke on Legends where Brandon Routh is like Supergirl reminds him of his cousin, it's a cute nod. That gets a chuckle if you know the reference and a quick throwaway char moment if you don't

Ninjimbo

All Joss did was get asked for help with rewrites by Zack and step in when Zack couldn’t. We should be grateful but instead.....
It's hard to be grateful when everything the rumor mill is churning out is bad news. People literally have nothing to go on except trailers that don't feel anything like BvS. I expect people to jump to conclusions and because Whedon is like the diametric opposite of Snyder as a filmmaker, I expect them to jump to the worst ones.

Honestly, I don't like Whedon's touch, but I was at least hopeful that WB would try to stick to Snyder's original plan, but even that doesn't seem like it's happening anymore. The DCEU is constantly changing with new movies being pitched and worked on almost every month. I can understand WB not wanting JL to commit to anything for the future since that slate isn't something that's set in stone. It just sucks that JL probably won't be what was originally promised.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
But it's Batman News
I know, that's the joke. Should've put the /s in my post.

Though, to be fair, the author of the article was on Reddit saying he trusted his source for this one and linked to other "scoops" he had that ended up being correct for BvS and SS. So we'll see. I mean, might as well just put up a post saying "Justice League cut from Justice League".

Penguin

SIGH

This is my least favorite part of any movie cycle.

From the sounds of it seems like Justice League is pruning out side stories and focusing on the core narrative, which is fine if it works. So of course word will come that this person was cut and that scene isn't in the movie. And that isn't a bad thing. I mean editing is a process for a reason.

But folks will take it to be some extraneous circumstance and flip their lid. And if the movie turns out poorly, this will be one of the reasons pointed to now.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I just really like seeing all the side characters in these movies. It helps sell and ground the world to me. When the heroes are just by themselves all the time, it feels wrong. The world is not this small bubble, especially when you have super powers. I mean, we still have Mera, Vulco, Silas Stone, Lois, Martha, Alfred, Hippolyta and the Amazons, and I HOPE Henry Allen.

Penguin

I just really like seeing all the side characters in these movies. It helps sell and ground the world to me. When the heroes are just by themselves all the time, it feels wrong. The world is not this small bubble, especially when you have super powers. I mean, we still have Mera, Vulco, Silas Stone, Lois, Martha, Alfred, Hippolyta and the Amazons, and I HOPE Henry Allen.

And I get that

But there's a diff between like Alfred, Perry, Gordon, Mera and like Iris and Luthor in a way?

Like I imagine Iris isn't much of a char, but that Barry is too shy to speak to her, and imagine after saving the day he has the courage to ask her out? Again could be wrong, but seems would be a bigger presence in Flash's movie... if that wasn't turning into Flashpoint

J_Viper

Love Gal, think she's perfect in the role, but I can't help but feel bad for Adrianne Palicki.

She's basically the closest we would've gotten to a live action look alike of animated Diana, the same way Aflac is the splitting image of Timm's Bruce

Ultimately those weren’t options. Three names thrown around were Gal, actress who plays Elektra on Daredevil Netflix, and the actress from Quantum of Solace. They were looking at a type of actress for Diana. I think of them Gal was the right choice. Back then, there’d be other actresses I’d say I’d prefer in the role, but after Wonder Woman... Yeah, can’t imagine anyone else in that movie.

Ahasverus

Love Gal, think she's perfect in the role, but I can't help but feel bad for Adrianne Palicki.

She's basically the closest we would've gotten to a live action look alike of animated Diana, the same way Aflac is the splitting image of Timm's Bruce
Nah fam, she's pretty, but she's not jaw droppingly, handmade from clay beautiful.

Actually, in 30 years, the girl playing WW is gonna have a bad time.

Haywire was pretty cool, despite her robot acting though. but she was damn good in the action scenes. however, thats to be expected considering her background.

jackdoe

People said the same thing about Gal and look how that turned out, she gave us the greatest Wonder Woman ever to grace the screen.
That's a false equivalency. Gal Gadot had a natural screen charisma even when she got jack shit to do in the Fast and Furious movies. Carano got a leading role in a movie and did an absolutely terrible job, to the point that there are rumors that the director redubbed her voice because he hated her performance (and even then the acting was atrocious). And when they acted together in Fast and Furious 6, it was clear that Gadot and Carano weren't even on the same playing field in terms of acting talent.

Top Bottom