• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

SJRB

Gold Member
Is there ever any concept art created that is actually shown in the final movie? That concept seems to crazy to be shown in the movie, but I would be very happy if they did.

Concept art often is cooler than the final product.

The BvS concept arts are incredible, and even though the movie is visually great it doesn't come close to the atmosphere on some of the concept arts. Not to mention Doomsday looks 20 times better in concept than in the final version.

w6RhL5r.jpg

DcrIRIp.jpg

The BvS concept arts are incredible, and even though the movie is visually great it doesn't come close to the atmosphere on some of the concept arts. Not to mention Doomsday looks 20 times better in concept than in the final version.

Hell yeah he does..

What would a Speilberg-directed Superman movie be like?

A Scorsese Batman movie?

A Ridley Scott Green Lantern movie?

A Wachowski Flash movie?

A Luc Besson Wonder Woman movie?

Who are your dream director/DC movie combos?

I NOW deep inside George Lucas has a Green Lantern movie in him

- Personal tragedy happens to the Best Lantern Ever/ Chosen One/Our Hero on his own planet while he was away on adventures with the Green Lantern Order to keep the peace on the galaxy? . Check.

- Our Hero, overcome with rage loses his mind and tries to take matters by his own hands ? Check

- The GL Order chastises Our Hero because he used his skills for his personal gain? Check

-Our Hero dives into a full-on purge almost wiping out his entire Order? Check

- Our Hero lets fear conquer him and gets a new name and a kickass cape? Check.

- "Lord Parallax...rise.."? Check

2529612-parallax_hal_jordan_hora_cero_zero_hour_crisis_temporal_dc_comics_dan_jurgens.jpg

strafer

I NOW deep inside George Lucas has a Green Lantern movie in him

- Personal tragedy happens to the Best Lantern Ever/ Chosen One/Our Hero on his own planet while he was away on adventures with the Green Lantern Order to keep the peace on the galaxy? . Check.

- Our Hero, overcome with rage loses his mind and tries to take matters by his own hands ? Check

- The GL Order chastises Our Hero because he used his skills for his personal gain? Check

-Our Hero dives into a full-on purge almost wiping out his entire Order? Check

- Our Hero lets fear conquer him and gets a new name and a kickass cape? Check.

- "Lord Parallax...rise.."? Check

2529612-parallax_hal_jordan_hora_cero_zero_hour_crisis_temporal_dc_comics_dan_jurgens.jpg

It fits him seeing as it's GREEN Lantern. All we are going to see are greenscreens.

Patty confirms she wants to do a sequel to WW, and already has ideas!
http://m.torontosun.com/2017/04/21/...hope-its-a-film-that-satisfies-on-every-level

Sounds like it's already locked?

I imagine bringing to the future means modern day, but Wonder Woman in '60s or '70s America would be cool. That Diana hides until BvS might prevent that.

It'll be interesting to see how the human cast is treated. Bringing back Pine to play Steve's distant relative is weird, but it wouldn't be the first time. Etta has plenty of options. Didn't Gal once say Halle Berry?

shingi70

Banned
It's probably already been discussed., But did anyone else have a pro lem with Whedons thoughts on Batgirl. Asking how could someone become hardcore enough to put on the cape and cowl?

The movie if it's post TKJ , should be framed about how does someone put it back on after suffering from such a trauma. One of the more refreshing thugs about Babs is that she becomes Batgirl just because it's fun and she looks up to her father and Batman.

It's probably already been discussed., But did anyone else have a pro lem with Whedons thoughts on Batgirl. Asking how could someone become hardcore enough to put on the cape and cowl?

The movie if it's post TKJ , should be framed about how does someone put it back on after suffering from such a trauma. One of the more refreshing thugs about Babs is that she becomes Batgirl just because it's fun and she looks up to her father and Batman.

He's gonna Buffy it up isn't he? :(

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Saw that one yesterday, pretty good, haha.

EDIT - Also, Diane Lane knows what's up

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-league-batman-v-superman-martha-twist-996423

"I want a scene with Nicole, that's what I really want. Perhaps in another [sequel]!" she said on Friday at the Odeon in New York City. As for fans who have noted that Kidman (49), is too young to play mother to Momoa (37), Lane said with a laugh: "Well, I set that precedent!"

One of the more controversial moments in last year's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice came when Ben Affleck's Batman decided not to kill Superman, after the Kryptonian alien said, "You're letting him kill Martha." (Superman's mother had been kidnapped, but Batman was confused, as that was also the name of his late mother.) Though memes have been made of the moment, Lane wasn't surprised when she first read it in the script and found it appropriate for the story.

"It's the compassion for a man who's lost his mother. When you understand the wound, you can work better with people," said Lane.

Loxley

I just need a dream movie with Diane Lane's Ma Kent and Marisa Tomei's Aunt May and my weird fantasies will be complete.

J_Viper

Damn that second piece is great

Odoul

That second piece is based on a real location.

Probably where the Doomsday fight was gonna take place instead of the train station.
Also I like the snow better than the rain.

And spinning off dream directors, it's kind of funny how each property fits into a different era.

Green Lantern - A 50's sci-fi/horror in the style of Them! or Beast from 20000 Fathoms. Hal as the iron chinned, no joking, green skin alien banger.

Wonder Woman - A 60's psuedo horror with Circe changing men into farm animals to be slaughtered. A heavy handed environmental/anti-war message with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAzTnsSgs2s blaring!

Batman - Pure 70's blaxploitation. Batman just beating the shit out goons. Gotham is just basically Chicago or NYC. Prime Pam Grier as Catwoman.

Aquaman - 80's John Carpenter. Kurt Russell and Keith David as AM and Manta. All the way trashy!

Flash - Michael Bay and Keanu Reeves. I despise Bay but the 90's had his only good movie. Think of Rush Hour or The Rock or Speed. Just brainless fun for two hours.

Superman - A 2000's found footage. The young Kents chronicle finding the crash site to watching their child's power manifest, to his first actual test. Metallo?

Cool live rendition of the Wonder Woman theme at 5 min in (+ Man of Steel before)

Both those themes. Zimmer, why'd you have to leave before doing a full Justice League theme.

after rewatching Unbreakable, and plus noting that James Newton Howard also worked with Zimmer on the Batman Begins and TDK soundtrack, I'm amazed he hasn't been approached for this.

Just a simple moment like Bruce Willis getting out of the pool with his theme is one of the most "super-heroic" scenes of all time. and the Mr. Glass theme too..whew. I think he'd knock a JL theme out of the park in Zimmer's absence.

I really hope Junkie XL does something cool here. if he remixes the animated series theme...whewwww

after rewatching Unbreakable, and plus noting that James Newton Howard also worked with Zimmer on the Batman Begins and TDK soundtrack, I'm amazed he hasn't been approached for this.

Just a simple moment like Bruce Willis getting out of the pool with his theme is one of the most "super-heroic" scenes of all time. and the Mr. Glass theme too..whew. I think he'd knock a JL theme out of the park in Zimmer's absence.

I really hope Junkie XL does something cool here. if he remixes the animated series theme...whewwww

I don't know how Junkie can make what is essentially the B side of the Man of Steel soundtrack with 300 Rise of an Empire, but just completely shit the bed with Batman v Superman in my opinion.

DMczaf

I went to see Hans Zimmer Live last night at the Park Theater in Vegas. AMAZING show. Top 5 all time for me easily.

He played Crimson Tide, Gladiator, Da Vinci Code, The Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean, Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, The Thin Red Line, TDK Trilogy, Interstellar and Inception. And more. So fucking good

Some vids below

The Dark Knight Rises - Why Do We Fall?

The Dark Knight Rises - Bane theme

The Dark Knight - Like A Dog Chasing Cars

The Dark Knight - Why So Serious

Wonder Woman Theme

Man of Steel Theme

Psykoboy2

I went to see Hans Zimmer Live last night at the Park Theater in Vegas. AMAZING show. Top 5 all time for me easily.

Does seating for something like this make much of a difference? I'm planning on going to the Atlanta show but I haven't decided where I'd like to sit for something like this.

Zimmer played a concert here last year and I didn't fucking know it. I could still kick myself. FUCK.

He's on tour again this year so you might be able to do it this time.

Top Bottom