• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

untitled5isp2.png
Supes is dead!!!

Ashhong

Does kind of suck that Supes is dead and missing from all these JL promo stuff. First JL movie should promote with all of them.

Which actually sounds like a good change

Especially since a Justice League sequel wasn't in their pipeline

Tbf, it just seems like they're avoiding dating sequels until after the first movie is out. Wonder Woman 2 wasn't in the pipeline... Until it was. I bet we get a 2020-2021 date for JL 2 shortly after JL opens.

Loxley

Did we ever find out what the deal is with that Batsuit with the silver bat symbol? I think the only place we've seen it is on two posters. I wonder if it's the post- TacBat suit from the end of the film or something.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Did we ever find out what the deal is with that Batsuit with the silver bat symbol? I think the only place we've seen it is on two posters. I wonder if it's the post- TacBat suit from the end of the film or something.
I'm glad I've only seen it in that one pic of him from those 2 posters. I HATE that silver logo with a passion. I'm hoping it's just silver to emphasize the logos of the characters on those posters only and will never be in the actual movie.

I think it's just to highlight the symbol on posters. Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg's symbols are also more pronounced on the poster.

Ross61

Don't know if this was already talked about but Chris Mckay talked about why Nightwing was left of the CC slate on twitter a week ago I think.

Ashhong

Don't know if this was already talked about but Chris Mckay talked about why Nightwing was left of the CC slate on twitter a week ago I think.

Well, watd he say??

And any details on that set visit embargo? Is it a visit of the reshoots? End of principal?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Ross61

That's dumb. They could have at least had a logo or something. Not like they announced a date for Flash.

They have a more solid idea of what they want for the Flash more than they have of Nightwing. Guarantee one comes before the other. We probably won't see Nightwing til 2020+

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Little something to add, they already confirmed that JL was gonna be a standalone back at the set visit last year.
Just wanted to comment on this again... Peter Sciretta from /Film just Tweeted about it

Peter Sciretta‏Verified account @slashfilm 23m23 minutes ago

Some people are claiming my Justice League info is BS because of this reporting from the JL set visit

Peter Sciretta‏Verified account @slashfilm 21m21 minutes ago
Replying to @slashfilm

I was on that #JusticeLeague set visit, and here is what Zack Snyder actually said to everyone in the roundtable interview. So yeah ;p

J_Viper

It was. Apparently they have a bad track record and are the same people who said WW was unwatchable as well

Wasn't that "WW is a mess" nonsense from a fake ex-WB employee? I don't remember that coming from this site

I do recall them being one of the first to break the news that Affleck directing the Batman was in trouble though

Super late
Yeah, I must've missed it

I saw the Cyborg stuff, but my eyes didn't catch the part about an early cut being trash

If the dialogue was up to the standard set by "second favorite chair" I can sort of buy it

Ashhong

Wasn't that "WW is a mess" nonsense from a fake ex-WB employee? I don't remember that coming from this site

I do recall them being one of the first to break the news that Affleck directing the Batman was in trouble though

Yeah, I must've missed it

I saw the Cyborg stuff, but my eyes didn't catch the part about an early cut being trash

If the dialogue was up to the standard set by "second favorite chair" I can sort of buy it

That fake employee thing was a long time ago iirc. There were reports from like a few months before the movie saying how bad it was etc etc. not sure if this site was the one to post that. It's just what someone here said earlier

Ross61

It would also have more credibility if he didn't say the movie would impress us just months before. Oochie Wally or One Mic.

J_Viper

I dug through the comments, and according to the writer, the unwatchable cut was screened before Joss had worked on it, while the supposed screening with positive reception was with a few months worth of Joss updates

But who knows

Ross61

I dug through the comments, and according to the writer, the unwatchable cut was screened before Joss had worked on it, while the supposed screening with positive reception was with a few months worth of Joss updates

But who knows
But he wrote that article before reshoots with Joss started....

Yeah. In the past couple years batman-on-film threw away whatever integrity and credibility they had by making up bogus stories for attention. It's kinda sad because many years ago they did get some good rumors around the Nolan series. Never open your mouth until you know what the shot is.

Ashhong

But who knows

Seems strange to write an article that is basically outdated in this case then lol. "This movie that I said is getting positive reactions? Well before that, it was unwatchable!"

Yeah. In the past couple years batman-on-film threw away whatever integrity and credibility they had by making up bogus stories for attention. It's kinda sad because many years ago they did get some good rumors around the Nolan series. Never open your mouth until you know what the shot is.

Site went downhill when they claimed everyone else was wrong and they had the correct casting information on who JGL, Hardy, and Hathaway were gonna play in TDKR and plot -- something about JGL being Alberto Falcone and shit.

Ever since then it's mainly just been parroting what other sites have broken and stating a certain movie is good or bad months before release.

Dead

well not really...yet
AV Club have a clear thing against Snyder, even calling Watchmen the worst movie they ever watched in a theater for an article.

A notion so irrational, even a marvel director had to get on Twitter and comment on how absurd that was.

Effect

AV Club seemed to walk off a cliff a few years ago on a number of fronts. This Snyder thing is par for the course with some of the other crazy stuff they've said.

About Snyder or just in general? What kind of stuff have they said?

I think it's just Snyder they have it out for, they had an article about the worst movies they've ever seen in theaters with Watchmen as the headlining image

Like the burning hatred of a comic book supervillain for their arch nemesis, my continual shit talk about Zack Snyder has an origin story. The year was 2009, and I and my then-boyfriend went to the theater, paid money for tickets, bought our popcorn and our sodas, and excitedly settled in to see Snyder’s film adaptation of Watchmen. We were (and still are) big fans of the graphic novel, and had seen 300 a few years earlier and liked it. This guy had potential, we thought, and with Alan Moore’s source material, this was going to be a grown-up superhero movie in the vein of The Dark Knight. Then the film began, and disappointment began to set in. Snyder had read the book all right—he was even copying panels from the source material exactly—but he didn’t understand it at all. He was idolizing characters that weren’t meant to be idolized. He had taken a politically charged story about the inherent fascism of superheroes and turned it into a video game cut scene. They had entrusted one of the greatest graphic novels of all time to a shallow fan boy. The ride home was very quiet.

AVClub is often being too harsh with the judgement on Snyder BUT 300 is a fucked up movie. The messages that it throws across is terrible, fuck it.

action looked cool though. I loved the aesthetic choices he brought to the table but its a troubling movie when you delve past the surface. I hope its not reflective of his own opinions.

I have no idea what kind of influence 300 had on the white nationalist movement. But I clearly remember walking out of the theater thinking, "That was a fascist movie."

ReiGun

AVClub is often being too harsh with the judgement on Snyder BUT 300 is a fucked up movie. The messages that it throws across is terrible, fuck it.

action looked cool though. I loved the aesthetic choices he brought to the table but its a troubling movie when you delve past the surface. I hope its not reflective of his own opinions.

Oh no doubt. 300 is fucked. But "our generation's Birth of a Nation?" That's giving it and Synder a little too much credit.

I'd like to think the messages are more on Miller than Synder. But then, Synder chose to direct it so...*shrug*

Yeah, won't defend 300 but the movie is a nigh perfect adaptation of Frank Miller's story. What's interesting about Snyder is how his original stories and those taking more creative liberties, even the 300 sequel/prequel, kinda deconstruct and sometimes condemn ideas present in 300.

Like, 300 the movie plays it entirely too straight, but had Snyder went satirical, like how Verhoeven adapted Starship Troopers, I think it would've been lost on anyone taking it seriously in the first place.

Firemind

I think 300 is a cool looking film based on a legend passed down to generations thousands of years ago. Of course historians would exaggerate the events. But yeah, Frank Miller is probably a horrible person.

Top Bottom