• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Dear God the movie sounds fucking awful. Hyped for the action tho at least

Everything sounds like Avengers down to the crap jokes. Only upside it's got from that for me is that at least Snyder shot the action and we've got a much cooler roster (imo) to work with here

Firemind

Dear God the movie sounds fucking awful. Hyped for the action tho at least

Everything sounds like Avengers down to the crap jokes. Only upside it's got from that for me is that at least Snyder shot the action and we've got a much cooler roster (imo) to work with here
I thought you hated BvS's third act (except the warehouse fight).

Disco, everyone.

*yawn* you can stay crying about any and all criticism of the dceu.

I thought you hated BvS's third act (except the warehouse fight).

I liked the Batman and superman fight tho. And I'm excited to see flash and aquaman fight some goons in here. Doomsday fight wasn't great but I'm positive he can do better. The clips of that final act fight in the last JL trailer were lit

Additional lines from Joss Whedon's Justice League reshoots,

"You have something on your face... MY FIST!"

"Attack Steppenwolf alone? you're bat-shit crazy!"
"Call me guano."

"I'm like a fish out of water working with a team."

(midway through battle where Earth is being destroyed and people are dying)
"Hey Cyborg, do you have a penis?"

"I'm not fast. You're all slow."

Wonder Woman is somehow taken prisoner during these reshoot scenes, so she doesn't get many lines.

Haha such bad timing for a joke would be right in whedons wheelhouse

I know you're joking with those lines but I kinda do want somebody to ask cyborg that (earlier in the movie tho)

Cyborg in response:
tenor.gif

Well shiet. One of the worst sounding leaks now appears to be the most legitimate. I am worried now, I did not want an Avengers-y movie even though I liked it.

Well shiet. One of the worst sounding leaks now appears to be the most legitimate. I am worried now, I did not want an Avengers-y movie even though I liked it.

I don't really know what we expected. Unless BvS was well received and they gave Snyder the go to delve more into some more of the mad max/injustice type of stuff that we saw in the nightmare, then this was always gonna be somewhat similar to Avengers by design

Firemind

I don't really know what we expected. Unless BvS was well received and they gave Snyder the go to delve more into some more of the mad max/injustice type of stuff that we saw in the nightmare, then this was always gonna be somewhat similar to Avengers by design
It's really hard for me to believe that Snyder wanted to copy the Avengers wholesale. Some of it is on Whedon.

There's only so much you can do with this concept of superheroes teaming up to save the world. I do think tonally it would have been different if Snyder was left alone tho prolly. Aside from Ezra Miller who was obviously hired to be the funny member of the group from jump

This is true. This was my worry over a year ago when BvS got savaged by critics but I still had a bit of hope. We'll wait and see how this plays out I guess, maybe in practice it isnt as ehh as it sounds. The one thing I really like though is
Flash and Superman racing to save people.
Almost everything else Superman related sounds like it could go either way honestly.

J_Viper

Additional lines from Joss Whedon's Justice League reshoots,

"You have something on your face... MY FIST!"

"Attack Steppenwolf alone? you're bat-shit crazy!"
"Call me guano."

"I'm like a fish out of water working with a team."

(midway through battle where Earth is being destroyed and people are dying)
"Hey Cyborg, do you have a penis?"

"I'm not fast. You're all slow."

Wonder Woman is somehow taken prisoner during these reshoot scenes, so she doesn't get many lines.

There's no way you're not actually Joss

Boke1879

I'm only iffy about one thing and y'all know what it is. Other than that nothing seems offensive. Y'all just complaining about it "being like marvel" shit DC needs that at this point

That superman line sounds so bad. I feel like only somebody like joss would think it's a good idea to keep that in (never forget that shit he wrote for storm in xmen 1 about toads lmao)

One of those instances where I'm hoping the suicide squad trailer park team hacks away at the third act of this honestly

His resurrection sounds bad too sadly. This movie will do no favors to Clark

Joking aside, while the Avengers comparison is obvious, structurally it's not unlike Oceans Eleven, Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven, X-Men First Class, even Rogue One last year. You'll always have the dynamic of recruiting a team for the job, be it a heist or battle or whatever.

From this rumored synopsis, which is in itself from an early version screened, it reads like they're trying to keep it as simple as possible. But like with Wonder Woman plot breakdowns, the guy can be mistaken and oversimplifying the story. And the version of the movie he saw isn't what will be in theaters. Who knows.

I imagine they are trying to keep the plot simple and let the characters and action drive the story. And I think in doing so it might've diluted some of the mythical ideas Snyder was going with. Personally, Grant Morrison JLA is what I wanted from the movie. It's sounding like we're getting Geoff Johns Justice League, with some JLI mixed in.

Bleepey

I can believe the simplifying part, considering the number of non plotholes people talked about in BVS sometimes some shit needs to be made easier for some people.

Ross61

Joking aside, while the Avengers comparison is obvious, structurally it's not unlike Oceans Eleven, Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven, X-Men First Class, even Rogue One last year. You'll always have the dynamic of recruiting a team for the job, be it a heist or battle or whatever.

From this rumored synopsis, which is in itself from an early version screened, it reads like they're trying to keep it as simple as possible. But like with Wonder Woman plot breakdowns, the guy can be mistaken and oversimplifying the story. And the version of the movie he saw isn't what will be in theaters. Who knows.

I imagine they are trying to keep the plot simple and let the characters and action drive the story. And I think in doing so it might've diluted some of the mythical ideas Snyder was going with. Personally, Grant Morrison JLA is what I wanted from the movie. It's sounding like we're getting Geoff Johns Justice League, with some JLI mixed in.

Bless Snyder's heart but he would fail giving us the awesomeness of Grant Morrison JLA run. He can give us Geoff Johns run tho, that was good.

MisterHero

Fanboys would never let Snyder do Electric Superman as a part of Morrison's JL run

Not only should he do Electric Superman, do Superman Red and Blue and stuff the soundtrack with 80s pop songs, and only screen it in 3D.

Neophant

I'm OK with all the comparisons from what people what seen to the Avengers, cause I thought that was a great team-up movie that left audiences wanting more to see from them. It's only the start of the DCEU, and I seriously doubt that it's going to review any worse or be lesser received from something as heady, complicated, and grounded as BvS was. Otherwise, I do think people are getting worked up over something some guy claims he remembers from seeing on a screening that had been refuted before, so I still think we'll have some surprises. Even when the plot to Wonder Woman leaked, there were so many that had certain facts wrong or made up stuff to fill up the story, either due to memory or trolling issues.

I do think the seriousness of MoS and BvS worked because they'll be there to remind us of how we got to Justice League in the first place. And when they do win against Steppenwolf (or at least I assume so) and be acknowledged as heroes, we'll have seen what they had to go through in order to be who we know as the League.

Why was that thread made!? Especially on this damn forum. Did Thor gets its own thread for it's potential plot spoilers? Did The Last Jedi? They're out there but I didn't see anyone running to post a thread about them in the OT!

The Force Awakens had a huge one.

You wanted to start a war between DC and Marvel fans.

Y'all need to calm down. Look at Wonder Woman. Sure, there are people who want to hate on DCEU stuff because it's DC, but most folks? They just want to see a straightforward enjoyable film with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. Period. That they didn't like BvS isn't some deep-seated bias against the DCEU, they just didn't like BvS. This is the thing I keep trying to get folks to engage with, but nooooooooooooo, DC woe is me, ahoy.

If it's a good enjoyable film, people will go see it and then see it again. If not, they'll go see it, and then tell their friends to not go see it, and then the subsequent weeks will tank. Like BvS.

A list of plot points doesn't matter. It's execution. I could write up Green Lantern's plot points like it was a good film. It wasn't. Wonder Woman sounded rough in the leaks, but it turned out fine.

Again, calm down. Whether it's fine or not has little bearing on how much or little people freak out beforehand. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Reading ViewerAnon's supposed plot summary and girl

Diana's mother orders that they fire a giant arrow to signal Diana.
Diana sees a television report about the flaming arrow and knows what it means.

This better be fake or Imma be fuming the rest of the movie this sounds like the dumbest shit lmfao.

Ashhong

There's a lot to complain about in the leak but I don't see an issue with that. How else would they? How did they do it in the JLU? I forgot

SJRB

Gold Member
Pretty much everything except the Superman return sequence sounds pretty okay to me.

To be fair you can take pretty much any movie and boil it down to 4 random plot sentences and add some out of context script lines and it will sound terrible.

Ross61

‘Shazam!’ Adds ‘Annabelle 2’ Cinematographer and Production Designer
New Line Cinema and director David F. Sandberg will begin filming their Shazam! movie (aka Franklin) confirmed to begin shooting on February 5th in Toronto, and we’ve learned some major crew hirings for the DC Comics film ahead of casting announcements.

The studio has hired two Annabelle: Creation alum who has previously worked with Sandberg on the successful horror film. They include horror veterans cinematographer Maxime Alexandre (The Nun, High Tension) and production designer Jennifer Spence (Paranormal Activity 2-4, The Nun, Insidious 1-3, Lights Out, The Lords of Salem).

We’ve previously revealed a string of audition tapes for the roles of Billy Batson, Shazam!, and Freddy Freeman/Shazam Jr. There is enough evidence that the film’s setting will be the real-world city of Philadelphia (where Billy resides in the comics) and the film’s villains could be The Seven Deadly Sins. Batman and Superman also are established heroes in this cinematic universe via the Freddy audition tape.

Shazam! shoots February-May of next year and its release date has been slated for April 5th, 2019.

Source

Pretty much everything except the Superman return sequence sounds pretty okay to me.

To be fair you can take pretty much any movie and boil it down to 4 random plot sentences and add some out of context script lines and it will sound terrible.

In case you haven't seen it, there is a second link with lots more. But yes, there is a lot of connective tissue missing and as always, execution is king.

Top Bottom