• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

J_Viper

cw1q1pymj2borrcczjwm.jpg

Can someone link to a leak that details superman's return? Think I missed that part
Batman: Underoos!

Superman: ...hey everyone

Ninjimbo

Couldn't help myself and read some leaks. Overall, shit sounds dumb. *sigh*

After trailer 3 came out, I started hyping myself up again because the beginning of that trailer promised me something that was in line with what MoS and BvS started. But...these leaks make it sound like a typical superhero team up movie with corny jokes.

Goddammit.

Penguin

Mayimbe under the tweet says it’s because it’s in London.

One does not preclude the other

I mean they do press junkets all over the world for some movies

Gonna call a spade a spade, they are doing this so Affleck isn't asked any question that derails the marketing

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That's depressing. That means no interviews on Kimmel, Fallon, Conan, or Colbert either. Kinda figured they'd be in the clear (as in there would be enough time between the HW stuff and the movie) by the time they started doing the press junkets, but I guess WB feels differently.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If they fly folks over from the US like Mayimbe says won’t there still be an issue?
WB will be choosing the people to fly over so I'm guessing they're gonna be the ones that are in good graces with WB already and won't fuck up any additional invites by bombarding Ben with those types of questions. It's a shitty practice, but that's what entertainment media is now a days.

Ross61

WB will be choosing the people to fly over so I'm guessing they're gonna be the ones that are in good graces with WB already and won't fuck up any additional invites by bombarding Ben with those types of questions. It's a shitty practice, but that's what entertainment media is now a days.
I mean even if they did a US junket, they could just tell them not to ask questions pertaining to Affleck allegations before the interview.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I mean even if they did a US junket, they could just tell them not to ask questions pertaining to Affleck allegations before the interview.
Maybe for the TV show interviews, but when they do the red carpet type stuff, they can't really control who shows up. So you'll get those click bait blog sites showing up and asking him stupid questions just to get a headline or viral video. Those types of people won't get flown over to Europe.

Effect

That's depressing. That means no interviews on Kimmel, Fallon, Conan, or Colbert either. Kinda figured they'd be in the clear (as in there would be enough time between the HW stuff and the movie) by the time they started doing the press junkets, but I guess WB feels differently.

I would still expect the late night show interviews to happen. Maybe not with Affleck though but yes to everyone else.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I would still expect the late night show interviews to happen. Maybe not with Affleck though but yes to everyone else.
I guess that's true since it's a more controlled environment. I lumped in the TV appearances with the stuff they do where it's like 2 of them sitting (think Sad Affleck interview) and being interviewed for 10 minutes a time by a blog site like Collider or IGN.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm getting bummed. I didn't read the leaks but everyone says it sucks plus the news today. Damn.

Yeah that's a shame. It would be dope to have Ezra and Momoa on these talk shows specifically

And the leaks are about as expected for a movie like this. The only truly awful stuff in there are some bits involving superman though which is a shame. Some of those lines and moments sound horrible

That Mercedes comic sucks compared to the Civil War Audi ones.

I'm getting bummed. I didn't read the leaks but everyone says it sucks plus the news today. Damn.

Long and short of it is, it doesn’t suck but if you into MoS and BvS, it reads like a departure from that to something closer to The Avengers. But who knows. Same was said of Wonder Woman.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, the premiere is still being done in LA

https://heroichollywood.com/justice-league-premiere-date-la/

A promotional giveaway with Boston’s iHeartRadio station 94.5 JAM’N has revealed that the premiere of Justice League is set for November 13 in Los Angeles. Fans who enter and win are given the opportunity to have a two-day stay at a hotel in the city. Whether or not this is the only premiere for the movie is not clear at this time, but it seems as though the reason the premiere isn’t earlier is because Thor: Ragnarok‘s release is likely distracting from it.

Gonna play wait and see with the junket news. If they are flying people over, I'll see what kind of coverage we get. If it seems gimped, then I'll worry. Hopefully it's mostly just logistical issues, but lets be real, it's at least partly about Ben.

Ashhong

Wonder how much the positive hype and WOM Thor will inevitably get will hurt JL, assuming the WOM is less than stellar. I also wonder if there's any chance Thor has a bigger OW...

Wonder how much the positive hype and WOM Thor will inevitably get will hurt JL, assuming the WOM is less than stellar. I also wonder if there's any chance Thor has a bigger OW...

I expect Ant Man levels of hype. Seems like it's a solid, fun film that'll do just fine. Only way I can see it eating JL's lunch is if JL sucks, and even then it's really not even Thor's fault.

Ashhong

I expect Ant Man levels of hype. Seems like it's a solid, fun film that'll do just fine. Only way I can see it eating JL's lunch is if JL sucks, and even then it's really not even Thor's fault.

Wait, JL or Thor is Ant-Man levels of hype? Because Thor itself has already surpassed that I'm pretty sure. It's easily going to make 100 million OW IMO. I think optimistically JL will do about 130$ unless it blows really, really hard. But that's a rough guess, it's so hard to judge the hype for DC movies after spending all my time in GAF

Thor Ragnarok and JL will both be big hits.

Whether or not they under or over-perform is down to expectations. Some are expecting Thor Ragnarok to crack $1B, where I'm thinking it could land in the $700M range. I think JL has a strong shot to be the biggest supehero movie of the year worldwide (domestic I can see Wonder Woman keeping it), but the bar isn't that high right now. It could land in the $900M and achieve that.

BadAss2961

Thor Ragnarok and JL will both be big hits.

Whether or not they under or over-perform is down to expectations. Some are expecting Thor Ragnarok to crack $1B, where I'm thinking it could land in the $700M range. I think JL has a strong shot to be the biggest supehero movie of the year worldwide (domestic I can see Wonder Woman keeping it), but the bar isn't that high right now. It could land in the $900M and achieve that.
Still?

All the fresh tomatoes in the world couldn't push Guardians and Spidey past that mark when they were supposed to.

Lmao to be fair I think hes prolly just acknowledging marvel fans online

Nobody really expects that to cross a billion right? Hell I dunno if JL will. But it damn sure ends up being biggest comic movie this year I imagine

People always make these big predictions. Yeah, some people predicted GotG2 and Spider-Man Homecoming would cross $1B. Both very successful, but there are always overestimates. I mean, there were Suicide Squad $1B predictions.

I think my point is just that, at the end of the day, it's a matter of how successful each will be. Not whether or not Thor Ragnarok or JL will be successful.

Neophant

I think the possibility of JL hitting a billion is really dependent on the International market. Domestic should be fine if even a small percentage of people who ended up seeing Wonder Woman want to see more of Gal. It's the worldwide receiving that has me a little worried. Marvel tends to do gangbusters more in China compared to how the DC movies do (which was non-existent in the case of Suicide Squad) and while I think Justice League is going to be approachable, blockbuster, and audience-friendly, it remains to be seen whether the film's success will mirror the first Avengers film, or even Civil War.

Bleepey

People always make these big predictions. Yeah, some people predicted GotG2 and Spider-Man Homecoming would cross $1B. Both very successful, but there are always overestimates. I mean, there were Suicide Squad $1B predictions.

I think my point is just that, at the end of the day, it's a matter of how successful each will be. Not whether or not Thor Ragnarok or JL will be successful.

SS if it got slightly better reviews and had China could have easily done a billion. It equaled GOTG without china and with shitty reviews.

ReiGun

This obsession with movies making a billion is funny, since studios are more often than not happy with the 500m - 750m they typically get off these things. Yet, folks on Gaf and beyond continue to set these high expectations, then start throwing around "bomba" when the film doesn't hit them.

Justice League and Thor will do big business. The real question for the former is critical reception.

SS if it got slightly better reviews and had China could have easily done a billion. It equaled GOTG without china and with shitty reviews.

It proved that DC have the brand , now see WW's box office when they actually release a good movie :D.

I think JL will fare better than BVS , especially with Joss on board.

Top Bottom