• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ninjimbo

The 2 runtime is disappointing as hell if you ask me. I just can't imagine a two hour JL movie that is anything other than a setpiece to setpiece action-fest.

Yeah, I know I should probably wait to see the movie myself, but I know what I wanted and I doubt I'm getting it here. My expectations have to be recalibrated again.

Rainer70

The 2 runtime is disappointing as hell if you ask me. I just can't imagine a two hour JL movie that is anything other than a setpiece to setpiece action-fest.

Yeah, I know I should probably wait to see the movie myself, but I know what I wanted and I doubt I'm getting it here. My expectations have to be recalibrated again.

I think it's better. There were a lot of scenes in Wonder Woman that dragged, it really didn't need to be almost 2.5 hours long.

Can I also get an invite to the Discord?

Ross61

What did you want out of a JL movie?

Theorry

Screenshot_20171025-090650.jpeg

Screenshot_20171025-090636.jpeg

Screenshot_20171025-090644.jpeg

Screenshot_20171025-090640.jpeg

Screenshot_20171025-090655.jpeg

Ninjimbo

You expected that from Snyder?
He wanted to do something like it if I recall correctly. He pitched a Seven Samurai style Star Wars to Disney a few years back and the way he talked about Batman recruiting JL members sounded a lot like how Seven Samurai unfolded out. It had to be something that was on his mind.

Also, yeah, I think he could do it if BvS was any indication. The first two hours of that movie are all about world building, characterization and plot. It's really light on action which allows the viewer to really soak its themes and ideas. It's one of the reasons why BvS stands as an all-time great for me. It's a great drama on top of being a great cape flick.

TheeDanielJ

Neo Member
I guess I'll stop lurking since there's gonna be less posters now and don't want the community to die.

I see a lot of people are excited about Cyborg since the ATT sneak peak. Anyone else feel that way? Does the cgi look better to you?

Bleepey

Moviebob is hitting us with his bullshit jibber jabber

https://youtu.be/AnBb0kCp-w4

I wonder why he is not planning to compare against CW, probably cos the BS arguments could be copied and pasted. I seriously would respect people more if they'd just admit they liked CW more than BVS whilst not rapping themselves into knots trying to pretend CW has all the same complaints.

BadAss2961

Those set pics look pretty awesome.

I'm fine with a 2 hour runtime as long as the movie doesn't feel hacked to pieces. Sounds very straightforward for all that's going on here, but should be action packed and fun for audiences, which is probably the movie it needs to be right now.

I mainly lurked in this thread but you guys were my port in the storm any time news about the DCEU popped up. DECU threads in the OT went to shit real quick.
glad to see all you folk again, box office, mcu & movie folks are heading to Reset

hope to see you all there

Do you know if the MST3K/Rifftrax community will be there? That is where I posted the most.

Theorry

“The Raid” helmer Gareth Evans is in early discussions to write and direct DC Comics Assassin “Deathstroke” film, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

“True Blood” and “Magic Mike” star Joe Manganiello is attached to star. Deathstroke was previously attached to be the antagonist on the solo “The Batman” film when Ben Affleck was still attached to direct. “He’s a great villain because — I just had an instinctive feeling that he would match up with him well. You know, I’m a big admirer of that character as well, especially in the New 52 the way that they did Deathstroke, and I thought that it could work,” Affleck told Collider.

https://www.thewrap.com/gareth-evans-dc-comics-deathstroke/

Dierce

Hey guys. I'm also interested in the Discord link if anyone can PM it. This is the first place I come to for DC film news and it's understandable but sad to see everyone leave.

It is probably asking for too much but I would like an invite as well. With half of the Arrowverse threads nuked and Box Officegaf moving to the new site there is not much left for me here.

Who still here in Apokolips. Y’all mother Eggers need to be planning to come on over even if you are gonna keep posting here cuz we miss y’all.

Dead, Cooter, Boke, a916, Badass, etc where ya at?

Jacce

Banned
As an FYI almost everyone from this thread has moved over to the other site. That DCEU thread is already extremely active! See ya'll there. :)

jey_16

Banned
these posters are so much better than that other one released recently. just do a live action version of one of these new ones and were set!

would also appreciate an invite to the discord chat :/

Top Bottom