• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gotham is a) DC and b) on TV, so it qualifies, even if it isn't a Berlantiverse show. Besides, it's also c) better than any of the CW shows. So there's that.

tumblr_nyqo1lS20a1tf7beto6_250.gif

Oh, my sweet summer child.

Magwik

Banned
Gotham >>> everything. It knows exactly what it is and doesn't drag out arcs. The characters are also all well driven and it looks so god damn gorgeous.

Pachimari

I haven't finished any seasons of the DCTV shows yet, but what are the chances of them using John Constantine in Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow? I guess they can use him fully now?

Joni

Just hope he doesn't turn out to be the villain, it will work better if he is the build-up to the villain.

I haven't finished any seasons of the DCTV shows yet, but what are the chances of them using John Constantine in Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow? I guess they can use him fully now?
DC Comics is stopping them for the moment.

So those Arrow spoilers
are basically them doing a repeat of Huntress? Because that turned out well.

He better turn out to be a villain or just leave early on and appear like once or twice. The team is already stuffed as it is.

ZeroX03

Banned
So those Arrow spoilers

He better turn out to be a villain or just leave early on and appear like once or twice. The team is already stuffed as it is.

Oliver probably won't have sex with this character. Probably.

Joni

So those Arrow spoilers

I assume they'll do a more experienced Huntress-like character. Someone who can actually rival Oliver and isn't bad, more contrary to Arrow, a bit like Punisher usually is

So those Arrow spoilers

The impression I'm getting from the article is that he'll be a big presence in the early part of the season, then wrap up before the big villain arc starts. Similar to Bronze Tiger, China White, and Werner Zyrtle.

Joni

The impression I'm getting from the article is that he'll be a big presence in the early part of the season, then wrap up before the big villain arc starts. Similar to Bronze Tiger, China White, and Werner Zyrtle.

Probably more like Blood. Those three really weren't more than three episode arcs at most.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah Blood is probably a better comparison, even if he did stick around til the end. Those others didn't really have arcs. But I do think China White was always intended to be much more important than she ended up being.

Tyler Hoechlin has been cast as Superman.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/06/16/breaking-news-meet-supergirls-superman

Actor Tyler Hoechlin has been cast in the iconic role. You can look for him to make a two-episode appearance at the very beginning of Season 2. Hoechlin was last seen in Richard Linklater’s ‘80s-set baseball dramedy Everybody Wants Some!, in which he had a lead role. He’s also appeared in Road To Perdition, Hall Pass, Solstice and Teen Wolf.

happy it's this guy instead of welling tbh, thought he was great in Everybody Wants Some. Shame it will only be 2 episodes. Maybe they'll be open to appearances every once in a while.

Joni

Seems like a good casting choice, both in acting past and looks. But he seems a bit young. Supergirl Superman has to be around 36, 12 years above Supergirl. This guy is like one year older than Melissa.

ZeroX03

Banned
Seems like a good casting choice, both in acting past and looks. But he seems a bit young. Supergirl Superman has to be around 36, 12 years above Supergirl. This guy is like one year older than Melissa.

Superman traditionally has decelerated aging when he reaches adulthood. Also Melissa, Chyler and probably Mehcad and Jeremy are all playing younger. Not hard to say he's playing older.

Actor aging aside, they should look like this for a long time.

Joni

True, it just seems weirder now. I was just guessing they'd cast older. But on the other hand, someone born in the 70s on The CW, that would be weird.

thats right..this is CW...beards are illegal.
Yes, unless you are Chris Wood. But I was more thinking, they'll do Superman without a beard, right?

ZeroX03

Banned
True, it just seems weirder now. I was just guessing they'd cast older. But on the other hand, someone born in the 70s on The CW, that would be weird.

Wow, very few 70s born actors in the Arrowverse. Diggle and the others on Legends. Everyone was 60s or overwhelmingly 80s.

Joni

Wow, very few 70s born actors in the Arrowverse. Diggle and the others on Legends. Everyone was 60s or overwhelmingly 80s.

This reminds me. 'Diggle' is only two years younger than Chesthair. But yeah, 80s people are now leading the charge on The CW, with the exception of Jensen

Top Bottom