• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I use Hulu to watch all my CW shows, so this sucks for me. It really only benefits people who were binge watching the seasons. Instead of the previous season going up the day before the new season premieres, it will go up the same month as the season finale. Shaves a couple months off waiting.

Only DC TV shows I can imagine my brain being able to withstand binge watching are Gotham and iZombie. Gotham is 20+ episodes but they do small arcs throughout the season, and iZombie is tightly paced and is less than 20 episodes. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to watch Arrow or Flash at once. My brain would be running out of my ears by the end of that marathon.

mid83

I use Hulu to watch all my CW shows, so this sucks for me. It really only benefits people who were binge watching the seasons. Instead of the previous season going up the day before the new season premieres, it will go up the same month as the season finale. Shaves a couple months off waiting.

Only DC TV shows I can imagine my brain being able to withstand binge watching are Gotham and iZombie. Gotham is 20+ episodes but they do small arcs throughout the season, and iZombie is tightly paced and is less than 20 episodes. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to watch Arrow or Flash at once. My brain would be running out of my ears by the end of that marathon.

The end of the article mentions that the last five episode streaming option will still exist (maybe via the CW's site). At least next day steaming will still be an option.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The end of the article mentions that the last five episode streaming option will still exist (maybe via the CW's site). At least next day steaming will still be an option.

Hopefully something other than just The CW website, because I hate using that. I appreciate that it exists for no charge, but I'm okay paying for Hulu and being able to use the app on my Playstation. It's just an easier option. Now if they did a Playstation app for CBS All Access or CW Seed, then I'd be cool with this. CBS might already have an app, I've just never checked lol

Joni

Hopefully something other than just The CW website, because I hate using that. I appreciate that it exists for no charge, but I'm okay paying for Hulu and being able to use the app on my Playstation. It's just an easier option. Now if they did a Playstation app for CBS All Access or CW Seed, then I'd be cool with this. CBS might already have an app, I've just never checked lol

CBS would be the type to have an app, but would they host the Warner Bros shows?

ZeroX03

Banned
The CW has been pushing their own website streaming service hard recently. Besides, best next day service will still be an iTunes subscription. Good for Netflix US subs, no more waiting for the start of the next season to roll around.

That episode title, I'm so shocked.

I use Hulu to watch all my CW shows, so this sucks for me. It really only benefits people who were binge watching the seasons.

It primarily benefits CBS and Time Warner, and since they're the ones funding the CW that's kind of important.

It's been said for years that the CW runs at a significant loss, but the owners are happy to keep paying since they make that back from their 100% ownership of the shows. The primary sources of income are international sales, DVDs & digital sales, and perhaps most of all the streaming rights.

Without the rumoured billion dollar deal with Netflix it's highly questionable whether the math would make sense, and we might lose the CW altogether.

Penguin

Interesting, Artemis comes to Arrow

madison-mclaughlin-artemis-arrow.jpg

Thought was gonna make her another Black Canary, but this works

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/arrow-artemis-season-5-evelyn-sharp-madison-mclaughlin-1201800199/

Pachimari

Cool that Trajectory is in this episode.

Also, ANOTHER archer to ally up with Oliver? He already got Speedy and Roy for that. Mind you I haven't finished Arrow S4 yet either.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's an interesting direction for that character to take. Feels like an all new character could've been better than this repurposing. Also, she could date Wally!

Seems to be the season of the recurring vigilantes. You liked Punisher on Daredevil? Well here's three!

Interesting. Well, glad they aren't trying to replace the Black Canary.

Laurel was already a replacement, would've been weird to have a replacement of a replacement.

Joni

Time to start prepping the sidekicks spin-off titans. But I like the casting. She wasn't bad and taking inspiration from the cartoons is good.

Cool that Trajectory is in this episode.

Also, ANOTHER archer to ally up with Oliver? He already got Speedy and Roy for that. Mind you I haven't finished Arrow S4 yet either.
Roy left in the third season.

Magwik

Banned
I wouldn't mind if it was just Ollie and Artemis running around while Curtis gives them support. It won't be anything like that though.

Pachimari

Blah, just got spoiled on who dies in Arrow S4. I think I might quit that show anyway, and just keep watching The Flash exclusively.

Pachimari

What episode are you on?
I got to Episode 14 on Arrow.

And I'm currently catching up with The Flash and is now on Episode 19 on that show.

The reason I fell behind is because of vacation but also because of a breakup and sickness in the family, so I have been really down until recently when I started doing better. :)

Grizzlyjin

I got to Episode 14 on Arrow.

And I'm currently catching up with The Flash and is now on Episode 19 on that show.

The reason I fell behind is because of vacation but also because of a breakup and sickness in the family, so I have been really down until recently when I started doing better. :)

Good to hear! Even though you got spoiled, I'd stick with Arrow a little longer. The season finale is a little flat but they had a good stretch of episodes right around where you're at. Excited to hear what you think about Flash and Arrow this season.

Pachimari

I'm not liking this subplot with Wells' daughter at the moment. Her wanting to get away from him because he killed someone to save her is not sitting right with me. I also don't understand if Zoom is Jay Garrick, or if it is this Hunter guy who impersonated himself as Jay Garrick, and thus the real Jay Garrick is still out there as The Flash somewhere in the multiverse?

Joni

I'm not liking this subplot with Wells' daughter at the moment. Her wanting to get away from him because he killed someone to save her is not sitting right with me. I also don't understand if Zoom is Jay Garrick, or if it is this Hunter guy who impersonated himself as Jay Garrick, and thus the real Jay Garrick is still out there as The Flash somewhere in the multiverse?

Keep watching, show explains it kinda.

Pachimari

I want them to shake it up hard for Season 5, or go back to basics, which I think they said they would do with S5 but they also said that before S4.

I now have 4 episodes left of The Flash. I'm gonna finish it tomorrow.

ZeroX03

Banned
So they're still going through with Krypton huh...

I think they basically have to let both Krypton and Supergirl have free reign on Kryptonian characters. Would be way too hard to juggle between the shows. That's if Krypton even gets picked up.

Joni

Lucifer, Gotham and iZombie are self-contained shows that have a separate topic. There is no need to move the conversation here. The Arrowverse shows are tightly linked, one of them doesn't have its own topic and the topics of the others are locked. Hence the central thread.

Top Bottom