• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

DK55EVPVwAE3FjH.jpg:orig

New suit, about damn time.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Flash S4 |OT| and Legends S3 |OT| are up, baby! Only a week away!

I assume Skux will do Supergirl (Supergirl S3 |OT| and the Legion of Super-Heroes). I can do it, but I also keep forgetting the show exists. Arrow in two days (Thursday show now).

Also for soundtracks, they're saying Oct 10th for all of them. They said something similar last year and they didn't show up on streaming until like two weeks later, so again grain of salt.

ZeroX03

Banned

Go big!

constantine-poster.jpg

This all-new animated series from Warner Bros. Animation and Blue Ribbon Content follows DC’s popular comic book character John Constantine (voiced by the live action series star Matt Ryan), a seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult. Armed with an arcane knowledge of the dark arts and a wicked wit, he fights the good fight. With his soul already damned to hell, he’ll do whatever it takes to protect the innocent. With the balance of good and evil on the line‎, Constantine uses his skills to face the supernatural terrors that threaten our world and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there’s hope for him and his soul after all.

They're actively campaigning for Matt Ryan in Legends S3 too, I think it's coming down to scheduling more than anything. Considering both Vixen and The Ray cross over, it'd only be fair if Constantine did too...

Platy

Constantine would elevate Legends of Tomorrow to a new level of awesome

...and the tears of a friend of mine who is a purist hellblazer fan alone would be worth it

As much as I love Matt Ryan as Constantine, I still think that he was played too "family-friendly." My introduction to Constantine was during the Garth Ennis run, and by god, he was a bastard. To me, Constantine will always be the type of guy who you will absolutely hate, but he'll save you from demons. Then later on, you'll realize that it was probably his fault that the demons were there, and he'll leave you stuck with his bar tab.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
As much as I love Matt Ryan as Constantine, I still think that he was played too "family-friendly." My introduction to Constantine was during the Garth Ennis run, and by god, he was a bastard. To me, Constantine will always be the type of guy who you will absolutely hate, but he'll save you from demons. Then later on, you'll realize that it was probably his fault that the demons were there, and he'll leave you stuck with his bar tab.

Apparently they are aiming for a more "comic accurate" Constantine when he returns on Legends, including him being bisexual and a chain smoker.

The clip from the animated show seems to reinforce this, too. As the whole bit is him Tom Sawyering people into doing his dirty work.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sölf;251689547 said:
Okay, so, what is the watchlist this season?

Supergirl -> Flash -> Legends -> Arrow?

Yes, except the crossover which is Supergirl -> Arrow -> Flash -> Legends over two nights. Arrow is moving to Monday for that week only.

That isn’t Matt Ryan’s fault though. He plays the material he’s given. As we see in the animation, he can do the traditional style well. Network has limitations.

Sölf

Considering I still need to finish Danganronpa V3, I will probably have to ülay catch up next week or so. Well, crossover is in roughly a month, eh?

Edit: Oh, 2 months. Somehow thought it was beginning of November.

That isn't Matt Ryan's fault though. He plays the material he's given. As we see in the animation, he can do the traditional style well. Network has limitations.

I'm not blaming him, as I think he did an amazing job with what he's given. I rarely hat the actors, unless they give poor readings of the lines. It's the CW and ABC networks that I'm occasionally annoyed with for not pushing the bar for the characters they introduce. If they relaunched Constantine with Matt Ryan on STARZ or HBO (only if HBO toned down the nudity or focused on Matt Ryan, as canon in the comics), I would run to Constantine in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom