• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC: Universe Confirmed for PS4 Launch

Thought this was threadworthy as hadn't been confirmed until now that I was aware

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/archive/playstation-4-launch-date-confirmed-dc-universe-online

DCUO’s PlayStation®4 Launch Date Confirmed!

We are pleased to announce that DC Universe Online will launch on the PlayStation®4 System on the day the system itself launches in North America, November 15th, 2013!

If you are planning on getting a PlayStation®4 or, even better, if you have already pre-ordered, you won’t have to wait much longer to see what DCUO can do on this next-generation console. As a new or returning player logging in on the PS4, you will find a robust and thriving world awaiting you, fresh with a game-wide graphical upgrade, a remastered and polished leveling experience, and all of your new and old friends and characters.

What are you waiting for? Dust off your cape or start hatching your villainous schemes, and play DC Universe Online for FREE on PC, PS3, and soon on the PS4! Register today at www.dcuniverseonline.com!

501.jpg

Lock if old

Seriously I searched for other threads but name makes it difficult

Krakn3Dfx

Never played this on the PS3 or PC for some reason. I'll probably check it out at some point, I've heard good things.

OmahaG8

Whoo! Nice.

Whoowhoo!

I had on my camera roll, after a night of drinking, your avatar a few days ago. I don't know how I got it, why it was in my camera roll, and the fact I don't consciously ever remember seeing this picture in my life - I can only assume you are haunting me. Please cease and desist.

I had on my camera roll, after a night of drinking, your avatar a few days ago. I don't know how I got it, why it was in my camera roll, and the fact I don't consciously ever remember seeing this picture in my life - I can only assume you are haunting me. Please cease and desist.

I may have left your refrigerator door open just now.

Xater

A turd is still a turd even if its on PS4.

I played only a couple of hours of it on PS3, but it seemed fine. I only did not spend more time with it because the performance of the game on PS3 is abysmal. From what I saw at Gamescom that should no longer be an issue.

Derrick01

Banned
Never played this on the PS3 or PC for some reason. I'll probably check it out at some point, I've heard good things.

It's a pretty terrible MMO with all of the same problems they have. Awful combat, horrendous quests that are nothing but fetch and kill 10 of these, and it's one of the poorly handled F2P games that locks a ton behind a paywall and it constantly bugs you to purchase a membership.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I tried getting into it recently on PS3.... had a rough time of it. Will give it a shot on PC first before trying to get into the PS4 version..

Amir0x

Banned
my brother-in-law keeps trying to get me to play this but I kept shrugging him off... maybe I'll try this version

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Terrible game is tuuurrrribblle.

You gotta be seriously desperate for some DC themed stuff if your stooping to this crap.

As a long time player, I'm thrilled!

A few things for skeptics, naysayers and people who've never played.

There has been a ton of new content since the game's initial launch-- five new powersets (soon to be 6), a new weapon type, tons of new areas, raids, alerts, etc.

The game is getting a huge graphic upgrade for PS4 and it's free to play, so why not give it a whirl?

I think the gameplay is terrific-- excellent action/ physics based play with tons to explore and do with a very robust PvP side (both arenas, open world and playing as iconic DC characters in Legends).

The game's a great one if you love superheroes, sandbox games, PvP or mmos in general.

Derrick01

Banned
my brother-in-law keeps trying to get me to play this but I kept shrugging him off... maybe I'll try this version

Stay strong! The game is like an even jankier WoW from 2005 with all of those awful quests and the sluggish combat. You really just go to each quest area and mash your attack button and a few skills and you're done. It's awful.

GodofWine

It uses the PS3 servers, you just gotta log in with the same account to get access to your character.

Cool..will try to jump back into this..it was fun but the world was too barron. Glad I can pick up where I was...TestostoMan will again reak havoc with his roided up muscley appearance!!

SJRB

Gold Member
Stay strong! The game is like an even jankier WoW from 2005 with all of those awful quests and the sluggish combat. You really just go to each quest area and mash your attack button and a few skills and you're done. It's awful.

Yeah yeah we get it, you don't like it.

Xater

So aside from planetside 2 are we getting all the ones promised? (Warframe, blacklight, dc universe, warthunder)

Looks like it and to be fair PS2 was never a sure launch title. Out if all of those I am most excited to play some more Warframe and Warthunder.

Amir0x

Banned
Derrick01 said:

it does sound pretty bad, Derrick01. He showed me a part with him flying around Gotham or something and it was really ugly and awful looking to play so I just sort of smiled sadly.

Last MMO I enjoyed was LOTRO, and it definitely wasn't because I was in love with the gameplay. I'm just obsessed with Lord of the Rings.

FranXico

Heh, DCUO has always been buggy. I guess we won't really tell if it was rushed for launch.

And it's free to play. Not feeling like complaining about free stuff.

You sound like you maybe played for ten minutes then quit.

The leveling up quests are fine and dispensed with quickly (especially with friends). The real game opens up after you get your toon to level 30. Then the actual game really begins and it involves mechanics that are much more complicated than you're suggesting :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So aside from planetside 2 are we getting all the ones promised? (Warframe, blacklight, dc universe, warthunder)

Blacklight hasn't been confirmed yet and War Thunder has only been confirmed for EU day 1.

Top Bottom