• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DDOS messaging is a thing now on PSN.

ricelord

So I'm over here playing Gravity rush 2 and the next thing i notice is that I'm getting a crap ton of messages from random accounts about Overwatch. No idea if I pissed off some little kid but it getting old.

So is there anyway i can report this to sony?

Makki

Im getting spam group chats selling bogus PSN cards... Pretty shitty occurrences all around for a paid online service...

There is an option to disable just anybody from adding you to a group.

Wish I had known that earlier hah! Will try to find those options.

Slayven

There is an option to disable just anybody from adding you to a group. Forgot where it is,

huge flaw on Sony's part

RedFox85

Look at it this way OP you are so boss at overwatch that you straight shook this guy to his core! Imagine the seething rage he must have for you to take time out to do this. I say, good job OP.. good job.

kurahador

Opened that website out of curiosity and greeted with this.
txwpwtt.jpg

God what a scummy piece of shit.

Reule

Happened to me on Rainbow when it was just me versus their last guy. He was hiding in a corner contesting the objective, holding an angle on where I was. Ended up flooded by 30+ messages calling me a pussy till I made a move.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
For a paid service PSN is trash.

But hey, #fortheplayers and Kaz gifs right?

Locking everybody out of messaging you is a shit solution. Many of the people in my friends list are there because of post game banter.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Wow. It's too easy to send spam with that tool. Seriously, I can't believe Sony is that incompetent.

They don't give a shit. They're leading in sales which means that momentum will carry them to the end of the gen. They no longer need to give a shit and corporations are efficient about that.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Damn you better contact the pentagon you are being hunted down by a master hacker man

Dominator

I get one of these a week. Annoying as fuck.

EDIT: Well shit, didn't know you can block that function. Will do that tomorrow.

Simo

Yeah I got spammed with that last month when playing R6. I reported the player who did it and Sony didn't do shit.

Zolbrod

Haven't had quite the same type of message OP has, but I've had some spam messages for "free PSN codes" etc., quite recently even.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, PSN can be shit. I made a thread here a while ago and some random person decided to annoy me with messages because they felt good attacking a gaffer. Now I just block everything as I rarely use the PS4 anyway but like others said this is a shit solution considering we have to pay for this service.

Top Bottom