• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

De Blasio commits to $1 billion in cuts to NYPD

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
All these states defunding police, allowing riots and supporting antifa/BLM, while at the same time stopping people going to church and demonising Trump supporters. All those fireworks sold ... lots of noise. Something big is about to go down in my opinion. Get ready.
Don't forget delaying background checks on Gun Sales...and closing down a ton of them during COVID's first few weeks.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Jews are screwed. They already suffer the highest amount of hate crimes in NYC. This is open season on them now.

And as far as the video above, I saw maybe 1 mask, no social distancing. But DRUMPF supporters are the reason for CV, anyone who isn't MAGA wears a mask all the time.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012
Don't forget delaying background checks on Gun Sales...and closing down a ton of them during COVID's first few weeks.

The media and the deep state are deliberately creating the perfect environment for civil war. It's happening, folks. I can't see how it can be stopped unless Trump announces marshal law.

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
All these states defunding police, allowing riots and supporting antifa/BLM, while at the same time stopping people going to church and demonising Trump supporters. All those fireworks sold ... lots of noise. Something big is about to go down in my opinion. Get ready.
Don't forget emptying the jails because of COVID. Everyone else had to lock up in their houses. People in jail set them free.

Last edited:

samporter

May 29, 2020
The backroom politics is probably about getting the unions to expect less money due to the covid19. Many public sector jobs are facing similar problems with unions asking for the expected pay raises written in the CBA even if it's clear the economy is not doing well.

Threatening to reduce funding from pension, pay raise, health benefits or other collective bargaining agreement line items will get the unions(teachers, police, nurses, public employees) to back off pay raises until the economy recovers. Deblasio could be using this opportunity to shore up city budget shortfalls before he leaves office. Most public servants, no matter how incompetent, would like to leave office with some semblance of responsibility for their successor.

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
Less cops, better spending (such as no longer purchasing military equipment), less spent on lawsuits. Sounds good.

They'll still be the third largest portion of the budget for NYC: https://cbcny.org/research/seven-facts-about-nypd-budget

Look at that fringe benefit and pension spending. Woof. The rest of us have to actually save and invest and make wise decisions regarding healthcare coverage. These guys largely write traffic tickets for 20 years then "retire" with vested benefits and can go do other things, with the tax payers essentially supplementing their income for life. So a NYPD officer can join at 18 with their highschool diploma, work until they're 38, then retire and get 2.1% of annual salary times years worked (in this case, 20). This is in addition to every other social benefit coming to them: social security, Medicare/Medicaid, unemployment, etc.

$1bn should be the start. Make some real reforms and get that number up to about $1.5bn.

eot

Apr 13, 2012
I think some of this is because they're in the money hole due to COVID, and need to make cuts anyway. Kill two birds with one stone.

Soleil rouge

May 17, 2010
Jews are screwed. They already suffer the highest amount of hate crimes in NYC. This is open season on them now.

And as far as the video above, I saw maybe 1 mask, no social distancing. But DRUMPF supporters are the reason for CV, anyone who isn't MAGA wears a mask all the time.
The media seems to sweep all the black on Jew violence under the rug for some reason. Makes no sense.