• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead by Daylight |OT| Into the Fog

tichamac

Banned
Did they recently disable matchmaking or something? Damn near every lobby I get looks like a christmas tree.

tpHueLm.png

The game immediately before this was 3 red ranks and a rank 20. It makes no sense. I have previously taken both killer and survivor to red rank and let them decay from rank reset, but I don't think I've heard of anything about a hidden mmr.

Mid chapter patch is coming early next month.

They're nerfing the Ruin/Undying combo, which is fine by me because I never used either perk anyway, but it is another example of them quickly nerfing anything strong for killers. Meanwhile you can still run your small PP build of DS, Dead Hard, Unbreakable, and Iron Will/Adrenaline/Spine Chill etc and be extremely time wasting for any killer.

Clown rework.... has a secondary bottle he can throw that will speed up you or the survivor, seems stupid at face value for there to be a killer power that speeds up the survivor but we'll see how they implement it.

Open handed getting a buff. I already run Kindred, it's going to be goddamn ridiculous now.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Mid chapter patch is coming early next month.

They're nerfing the Ruin/Undying combo, which is fine by me because I never used either perk anyway, but it is another example of them quickly nerfing anything strong for killers. Meanwhile you can still run your small PP build of DS, Dead Hard, Unbreakable, and Iron Will/Adrenaline/Spine Chill etc and be extremely time wasting for any killer.

Clown rework.... has a secondary bottle he can throw that will speed up you or the survivor, seems stupid at face value for there to be a killer power that speeds up the survivor but we'll see how they implement it.

Open handed getting a buff. I already run Kindred, it's going to be goddamn ridiculous now.

Depends on how quickly the survivor is sped up. Could cause disorientation for the user not expecting it and leading them to make stupid mistakes on how they move/react. That is my guess anyway.

4.5.0 update​

Since I've just updated the game with the latest patch the PS5 version of the game is loading in like it's on PS4 (lower resolution, larger text/graphics etc.)

InDaGulag

Some spoilers on the rift coming in spring, if anyone is interested:

Bill Overbeck will be the first licensed/guest character to be a part of a tome, when he appears in the next tome, along with Plague and Trapper. The 4th character being unknown for now.

So expect some Bill perk challenges, lore and a new cosmetic.

So the Clown change seems underwhelming. The shorter reload is nice, but the invigorate bottles are essentially useless. You still move so slow when reloading, and even while reduced, a reload still allows survivors to make good distance. So in the grand scheme of things, he’s still pretty much in the same spot against gen rushers.

I actually like the new UI, especially as a killer main, but apparently everyone else hates it. Not_Queen mentioned I guess in the DbD discord that “they hear us” and they’re working on tweaking the UI. Ummm.... why not “hear us” after virtually every PTB player voiced extreme displeasure with the UI update?

And hit boxes are pretty much the worst I have ever seen them. They clearly broke something with this patch. Survivor is basically unplayable for me.

Chinese New Year event is going on right now. Extremely lame event. They said last year IIRC that Halloween and I think the DbD anniversary are the only “real” events they’ll put effort into. Everything else is just a way to boost blood points and for them to sell skins.

Hit boxes are still bad on survivor side because of sync issues with the killer. As a killer main, on my side the hits all look normal. When I play survivor, it almost seems random. Patch 4.5.2 is supposed to fix it.

Cant wait for the DS change. Just had a game where I hooked a Jake, went across the map as Wraith and chased a David back to the middle of the map and hooked him. Checked a gen on that side of the map and there is Jake and Claudette working on a gen. Jake runs right to me and takes a hit then runs right to David and unhooks him in my face. I down Jake and pick him up, of course, DS. Clearly I tunneled and deserved the DS.

Killed them all anyway, first the Jake, but it’s sad that it has taken them years to adjust this broken ass perk.

InDaGulag

Would be amazing to have a resident evil chapter in DBD imagine Nemesis as the killer

Resident Evil and Child's Play are the only big IPs that have not recently been ruled out by the devs. So you just might get your wish for the 5th anniversary or in another year 5 chapter.

The only IP that has actual evidence for it is Candyman. But I don't see that being the anniversary chapter as it's a niche IP. Would make more sense for CH21 or CH22.

matty3092

Resident Evil and Child's Play are the only big IPs that have not recently been ruled out by the devs. So you just might get your wish for the 5th anniversary or in another year 5 chapter.

The only IP that has actual evidence for it is Candyman. But I don't see that being the anniversary chapter as it's a niche IP. Would make more sense for CH21 or CH22.
Is there a link for all this info?

InDaGulag

Is there a link for all this info?

MCote disconfirms Jason at the end of this interview, using the exact same language he used in an early 2020 Reddit AMA where he shot down Jason and Pennywise.

Alien, Hellraiser, and Sidney Prescott are shot down in this dev stream on licensing in fall 2020:

As for Candyman, Tony Todd the actor who plays him started teasing a crossover with DBD on the day the first trailer for the new film came out.

He did so by following both the film and DBD’s Twitter accounts on the same day and date. Then he began liking DBD-Candyman fan speculation tweets, following DBD steamers, and damming of all LeakByDaylight tweets about his Twitter activity. It was after that he stopped liking anything DBD related. Dead silence. This all happened in March and April 2020.

Here’s one of the more blatant tweets he liked:

EqlJWxfW4AAV-rQ.jpg

Last edited:
New killer is a sexy Kpop guy or something. Doesn't fit in with DbD at all LOL. Throws blades as his power.

Survivor has a new exhaustion perk, basically a Sprint Burst that only activates when you pallet stun the killer. She does have a perk that basically punishes the killer for hooking survivors. Each other survivor hooked gives you a 3% gen progression boost the next time you hit a great skill check.

Killer perks, has a hex perk that blocks a window when a survivor quick vaults through it. Why would you run this over Bamboozle? Another perk gives you a max 40 second blockage of exit gates if you hook all four survivors. Last one basically ends all body blocking, anyone in your terror radius while you carry a survivor becomes exposed.

Can some one explain to me what is the point of just gen rushing is as a survivor? You don't get any rank ups and barely any points from rushing gens fast as possible and then exit. You have to rescue, heal and escape chases to gain ranks and get points. So why do like most lobbies fall into the just try harders that just rush the gens...???

I am rank 8 as killer and 15 as survivor, so i just started playing like 2 weeks ago or less. And when i play survivor and do just that only repair and hide i get like 15k points even if i escape and no +1. I do however get many points and even rank, even if i die if i rescue downed people, heal and also repair gens.

Last edited:

InDaGulag

Some juicy leaks for you all:
  • Plague and Bill are apart of the next Rift and it's called Forsaken. Both will be getting new skins and lore too.
  • Speaking of L4D, there will be a Gnome Chomski event, where survivors must find and squash hidden gnomes on maps to unlock a Gnome Chomski charm.
  • Nancy and Steve will be getting new skins, with Steve getting a legendary Jonathan skin.
  • There will be summer beach themed skins.
  • Gay Pride charms are coming.
  • The actor who played Quentin Smith seemed to tease a model update for Quentin on Twitter, which Mathieu MCote liked.
  • And biggest of all, a new IP will crossover into DBD: Crypt TV. Unlike past crossovers this will be skins only. One for Doctor, Hag, and Huntress. So now smaller IPs have a chance coming into DBD through skins.
  • It should be noted Crypt TV was backed by Blumhouse productions, it's main investor. You might recognize Blumhouse for having created a bunch of recent horror films with Universal. Including one that has been delayed a few times, starring a certain baritone voiced black slasher. ;)
  • Haddonfield is currently being worked on by the devs. So it might show up in the anniversary patch.

Ey4KwS3XEAEmLp7.png
    59fe0dc514e5aa1f008b46bf

Last edited:

drotahorror

I'm back on that DBD grind.

eB7pXYh.jpeg

Until a few days ago, I hadn't played in over 2 years, so around 2500 hours played prior to this week.

Bought all the DLC I was missing and been having quite a bit of fun. I haven't played survivor yet but The Blight is so fuckin fun wow.

From my very little bit of play I've found The Blight and Oni pretty damn good. I didn't enjoy Nemesis, Deathslinger, or Pyramid head. I thought The Twins and Trickster were fun but not sure about their viability. Demogorgan seemed kind of cool too. Ghostface is meh, I don't like playing killers like him or Myers.

Lots of perk changes that are sort of interesting. Shitloads of MTX. A couple of killers have odd changes that I don't quite understand why, like Clown having 2 tonics, Leatherface having charges to his sweeps, and Hillbilly having an overheat. I haven't checked out other killers.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I've been really into this game again recently, it runs really well on series X, especially playing as killer what felt really rough on Xbox one X prior.

I think the increased frame rate and visuals has made a huge difference on this game for me.

Anyone else play this on Xbox? Or are most players on pc?

That being said, I'm genuinely surprised at how serious some people take this game, they are mega toxic haha

kunonabi

Almost a year since weve played DBD GAF, Anyone try the Ringu killer yet?
I've been playing her, I don't like DBD but I couldn't resist, she's fun but I imagine she struggles against better players. I think her tape gimmick needs to be reworked personally.

Godlikushi

Neo Member
Looking for a swift / co-op, I have 600hours on the game (not much but most of it as a killer)
It's really hard to solo-Q on my current MMR
STEAM: Godlike007

Top Bottom