• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Cells Review Thread

Dev1lXYZ

I bought the Switch version on pre order and heard about the frame rate jankiness today. Got home from work, rebooted the Switch from scratch....yep its pretty much janky. I should have just got it on PS4, but wanted it handheld. Maybe they’ll release a patch to fix things up.

Smasher89

I bought the Switch version on pre order and heard about the frame rate jankiness today. Got home from work, rebooted the Switch from scratch....yep its pretty much janky. I should have just got it on PS4, but wanted it handheld. Maybe they’ll release a patch to fix things up.
Just read that they'll be working on a performance update, but they think it can be done by november earliest, if the solution is easy which they dont know atm.

I also noticed the i think it's called screen tearing on switch portable mode, where the game lags for a bit and your character will move to a totally different location if a lot is happening at once.

That said, the game is fun, especially when you get a bit further on a run and the pressure of surviving is bigger!

Poppyseed

Just read that they'll be working on a performance update, but they think it can be done by november earliest, if the solution is easy which they dont know atm.

I also noticed the i think it's called screen tearing on switch portable mode, where the game lags for a bit and your character will move to a totally different location if a lot is happening at once.

That said, the game is fun, especially when you get a bit further on a run and the pressure of surviving is bigger!

There’s the thread.

Unacceptable the game was released like this. Sigh.

Last edited:

ILLtown

I'd never heard of this game until a couple of days ago, but I bought it blindly based on it receiving a bunch of great review scores - not always the best idea I know. That said, I've put 2-3 hours into it so far and I'm loving it!

Poppyseed

So now I have the game on Switch, PC and PS4.

So much for punishing the devs for their crappy Switch version, lol.

The difference it makes playing a time 60fps on the PS4/PC versus the Switch can NOT be overstated. Combat is more fluid, frame times are reliable for combos and rolling etc.

The weird teleporting glitch is still present on the PS4, though where you end up “warping” occasionally. I hope that one gets addressed. How this title passed testing is beyond me...

Last edited:
Top Bottom