• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 - New Screenshots

xion4360

sucks I probably wont be able to play online when I first get the game, but you'll see me on eventually! Ill be able to platinum this one.. couldn't get all of DOA4's.

raven777

mila is in the game

IMG_0471.jpg

wait unlockable characters?....really? I thought they were aiming this game to be competitive.

If it was for just story mode a la Persona then it'll be fine but if you have to unlock characters for vs mode...well fml.

AAK

Damn, did they get rid of Pai mid development? Oh well, probably for the better.
I HATE FIGHTING HER IN VF

Awesome, pic of Mila. Not a fan of short haired girls, but let's see how they implement her fighting style.

patapuf

Damn, did they get rid of Pai mid development? Oh well, probably for the better.
I HATE FIGHTING HER IN VF

Awesome, pic of Mila. Not a fan of short haired girls, but let's see how they implement her fighting style.

On the one hand, she lacks an achievment, on the other hand, they advertised 12 bikinis. Unless Alpha has her own swimwear we still haven't seen one female character.

Dantis

Looks like we're not getting proper Survival, Arcade or Time Attack modes again, just like in DOA:D.

Really lame. I'm so pumped for everything else, and then they have to bring me down.

On the one hand, she lacks an achievment, on the other hand, they advertised 12 bikinis. Unless Alpha has her own swimwear we still haven't seen one female character.

I don't want Alpha in the game at all. I can't stand her!

I bet Leon is on disk and then.. Pai and Ryo as DLC?

patapuf

I don't want Alpha in the game at all. I can't stand her!

I bet Leon is on disk and then.. Pai and Ryo as DLC?

They have mentioned multiple times that they won't do character DLC, Leon and Ein are most likely not in the game. (i don't think leon would be a particularly good DLC character anyway, he's not exactly popular).

Soi-Fong

This game went straight to my to-buy list after seeing that CE and the model differences. Dang... This will hurt my wallet.

Endo Punk

"DOA5 Is My Life
Fight online 1000 times."

Seems like a chore if your not really into online fights.

I may prob never get that trophy even though DOA5 is my main game for the holidays but these kind of trophies are exactly what I expect from err trophies and achievements not the usual 'press this button and omg you got a reward, good for uuuuu'

Endo Punk

With a name like Mila I was expecting someone really extravagant looking not... tom-boyish, oh well my hopes for a middle eastern character will have to wait for another entry but... a red head... very nice :)

Jawmuncher

Just randomly going to jump in this thread and ask.

Have they said anything about the story mode yet?
I'm hoping it's something like DOA:D on 3DS, that was a pretty nifty story mode.
Much better than the regular formula of Beat Arcade with character get ending.

Even though Sarah's unlockable I'm glad we have things to unlock. What FG's have been missing for awhile.

1000 fights for an achievement. Not as bad as 1400 in KoF12. A tad more doable.

And for now I'll keep my funny thoughts on Mila's clothing choices to myself.

AAK

Even though Sarah's unlockable I'm glad we have things to unlock. What FG's have been missing for awhile.

Costumes are perfectly acceptable for unlocking. Characters are not. If I want to go to a friend's house and play with the entire roster, I have to bring my PS3 with me, I can't just simply bring the disc only. Things like that are frustrating and unwelcome.

Jawmuncher

Costumes are perfectly acceptable for unlocking. Characters are not. If I want to go to a friend's house and play with the entire roster, I have to bring my PS3 with me, I can't just simply bring the disc only. Things like that are retarded.

I agree im not a fan of having to unlock charcaters in fighting games.
Unless they're easy to do so.

SF4 was an absolute CHORE to unlock the whole roster.

Mesharey

Just randomly going to jump in this thread and ask.

Have they said anything about the story mode yet?
I'm hoping it's something like DOA:D on 3DS, that was a pretty nifty story mode.
Much better than the regular formula of Beat Arcade with character get ending.
Story mode is like DOA:D, but of course better.

gogogow

Costumes are perfectly acceptable for unlocking. Characters are not. If I want to go to a friend's house and play with the entire roster, I have to bring my PS3 with me, I can't just simply bring the disc only. Things like that are frustrating and unwelcome.

Is it not possible to bring a USB stick with you with your savefile?

AAK

Never tried it before, sounds sketchy. I don't want to screw with settings & memory on someone else's PS3.

EDIT: And does that even work? I remember for CEO the organizers and their volunteers had to completely play through the story of Soul Calibur V to unlock all the characters on each console to get it ready for the tournament. If this USB thing works, why didn't they just use that to unlock the characters?

Jawmuncher

Never tried it before, sounds sketchy. I don't want to screw with settings & memory on someone else's PS3.

Also it depends on if the save file is locked or not.
Also you don't want to use the save on your friends profile since it locks trophies.

Best Thing is to make an account called DOA5 and load your save onto that.

Alx

I hope it will change with DOA5, but DOA4 (and DOA3 IIRC) is one of the rare games for which you couldn't transfer the saves to another support (memory card, USB key, cloud, anything)

AAK

Also it depends on if the save file is locked or not.
Also you don't want to use the save on your friends profile since it locks trophies.

Best Thing is to make an account called DOA5 and load your save onto that.

Interesting... regardless, this is way too much of a hassle. Just give us the characters please.

gogogow

Don't think it's sketchy at all. If your friend haven't unlocked the entire roster, just tell him to back up his save game and settings file. You bring yours and when you leave he can just copy and paste his save game back onto his PS3. Or tell him to go to your place :p

edit:

EDIT: And does that even work? I remember for CEO the organizers and their volunteers had to completely play through the story of Soul Calibur V to unlock all the characters on each console to get it ready for the tournament. If this USB thing works, why didn't they just use that to unlock the characters?
No one knows yet if it will work, but one game is by Team Ninja, the other by Namco. It depends how they program the save files to work. Not really great thinking by Namco, if their game is gonna be used for tournaments.

Its kinda funny that her name is Mila and she has short red hair, if you have watched the Fifth Element.

Dear Team Ninja,

If that was your aim then please give her THAT outfit.

Thank You!!!

I hope it will change with DOA5, but DOA4 (and DOA3 IIRC) is one of the rare games for which you couldn't transfer the saves to another support (memory card, USB key, cloud, anything)

You can. But you gotta do some stuff. A lot of stuff.

I wish MMA
That's what I'd been calling for and I haven't given up hope just yet since lots of MMA fighters use a boxing stance. That said, a boxer would be really interesting as well even if I was really looking forward to her getting Leon's mount position. She works for me visually since she fills a couple of holes DOA has (the tomboy, red hair).

Endo Punk

Mila looks like what DOA5 needed. A tomboy-ish lady

EDIT: Found my 3rd Main

I don't think Mila is the type of girl to be fighting in a bikini, and since Team Ninja wants to give each character more personality it would be interesting to see if Mila is the first in the franchise who doesn't show her femininity with the costumes.

Dantis

I don't think Mila is the type of girl to be fighting in a bikini, and since Team Ninja wants to give each character more personality it would be interesting to see if Mila is the first in the franchise who doesn't show her femininity with the costumes.

I think that's a stretch. Look again at the screenshot, she's still rather busty.

They have mentioned multiple times that they won't do character DLC, Leon and Ein are most likely not in the game. (i don't think leon would be a particularly good DLC character anyway, he's not exactly popular).

I thought they were against PAID DLC.

September can't come fast

I think that's TTT2. The Preorder DLC will be unlocked for free in a later time

I mean paid character DLC. Tekken and DOA's teams said they didn't want paid character DLC, costumes and OST's (tekken) are fine with being charged for however.

Squire

Banned
I just hope the costumes aren't a big hassle to unlock. They kinda were in DOA Ultimate*

I probably just suck! :D

Any word on Mila's fighting style?

She seems to be either a boxer or like someone else mentioned, an MMA fighter just going by her appearance alone.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

1 piece bikini and some shorts
(Update this was just someones wishes on another thread my bad)
Rumor has it this is her info:
Name: Mila
Nationality: Ukranian
Occupation Punk Rock Star
Fighting Style: Judo
Attitude: Aggressive

Appearance:
Hair Style: Short with a side piece
Hair Color: Black with red side
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: Fair
Clothing: Tomboyish in a femine way

Battle Quote: Ok, lets hope you make it out this fight in one piece

Ending Quote: Your good.... But still useless against me

Looks like we're not getting proper Survival, Arcade or Time Attack modes again, just like in DOA:D.

Really lame. I'm so pumped for everything else, and then they have to bring me down.

Arcade is on the achievements list, Survival and Time Attack are in too just not getting achievements it seems.

Astery

I just hope the costumes aren't a big hassle to unlock. They kinda were in DOA Ultimate*

I definitely hope I'm wrong here, but it's Koei Tecmo. I don't expect anything more than main and alt costume for free, and everything else gonna be a DLC costume nightmare.

Top Bottom