• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (New images)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's like gran turismo but of girls!

image.php

Skilletor

I dont get the joke. and he might have some new moves.

Ein is the joke. When was the last time any effort was put in to his character?

Yeah, he might have some new moves, but we saw how many for Kasumi's DoA5U initial reveal? 3 or 4? He hasn't gotten anything since DoA3.

We kinda seen 10 seconds of his gameplay. Kinda early to tell right?

Same with Kasumi, but saw new stuff there.

Don't mind me, though. I am perfectly aware that he might have oodles and oodles of new shit. I just find it funny they don't show any of it.. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is that the forest stage from doa3?

OH MY GOD IT IS.

Now to get the Beach Stage
which is just a redone Zack Island stage since Zack Island was based off it
and this is DOA5+3U++

Its confirmed for both retail and digital release. and its $40.

So not a dlc expansion? Only full game either retail or digital?

Glad I only bought DOA5 when it hit the bargain bin, might make most of my money back by selling it
good thing it's not a Xbone game ;)

I barely had time to play it, when I buy a fighting game I always try to finish my other games before investing some serious time into it but I never get around to it because there's always new stuff coming out and it eventually lands in my backlog lol.

TheSeks

HOLY SHIT RIG'S NEW OUTFIT. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. Team Cody Hitomi is go!

Christie and Rig's tag team attack is awesome.

kyo27

I see the stages are still ugly as hell with ps2 textures. I think that grassy stage looked better in DoA 3 lol.

mao2

Nice! The new costumes are looking good.

Is that the forest stage from doa3?

I like Rig's new costume.
Yeah, it's the Lost World stage, one of my favorites in DOA3.
Edit: Whoops I just realised that you were referring to the real Forest stage in Kasumi's pic LOL. This is awesome!!

TheSeks

Leon, Ein, Jacky and that ninja gaiden chick are the 4 new people right? At least so far.

Yes. Leon, Ein, Jerky, and Momiji are the only new confirmed characters. There's the desert Stage that Leon appeared in, the forest stage from DOA3 in these shots, and the Lost World stage from DOA3 in the Ein vs Hiotmi match.

It seems they're really going all out on new content to make those of us that supported 5 and 5+ feel a little less burned so far. Hopefully there's a ton of new stages and a few more characters (please Vanessa Lewis for Vanessa vs Lisa battles) to justify the re-release.

xion4360

So not a dlc expansion? Only full game either retail or digital?

They haven't said its not going to be made available as an expansion, but with it being a retail and downloadable release that doesn't make sense anyway. There are enough changes and added stuff to warrant it being its own package and not an addition to the existing game.

Leon, Ein, Jacky and that ninja gaiden chick are the 4 new people right? At least so far.

Yup (Momiji) and 4 stages so far.

The only DOA game I've played is 5, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but Ein and Hitomi aren't clones of each other right?

Nope, Hitomi replaced Ein in a sense that she is a part of the main storyline cast and Ein is an extra like Gen Fu and doesnt get much if any new moves and the sort. They have some moves in common but generally they play differently.

Skilletor

I would like at least one brand new, never before seen, never been in another game, created for DoA character.

And Vanessa.

Please.

Dantis

Interesting that they've added new intro animations. Kasumi had a new one in the Momiji trailer and Hitomi has one here. Not something I would have ever asked for (The ones already in the game were good enough), but very cool nonetheless.

Really excited for this game.

Kunai

Nice they´re using Circle (DOA 4 Trailer Track) in game now, hope they include X-Ray (and X-Ray Reflecting Mirror) from DOA3 Trailers.

DOA always had an amazing soundtrack, with the exception of DOA5, I really didn’t expected that Inamori had such strong influence on Team NINJA’s game soundtrack…

Top Bottom