• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 - Jiggle Physics Are Back!

Kokoro and Lisa were announced and briefly shown. The new female character, NiCO (this is how they're spelling her name), was revealed; she's more inline with Marie's stature, seems to have electric powers, and looks a bit like the character Rem from the light novel & anime, Re:Zero.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
q2N0kyo.jpg

Not every girl needs massive tities in the game. Personally, I think she looks great.

She use to have the biggest rack.

It was Ninja Gaiden: Sigma 2 where she was the biggest girl in DOA/NG history.
They even made a commercial about it. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

4NovdiO.jpg

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Damn TK are gods when it comes to female character design (as well as male, at least compared to shitty Namco).
Their usage of electricity/lightning also looks 1000x better than any crap from Soul Calibur/Tekken...it's embarrassing.

Im really happy that Lisa is back in - especially after some of my favorite characters didnt make SCVI (Setsuka, Hilde and Viola).
The new character has potential. She seems to share her face, body and even an attack animation or two with Marie Rose. Thats fine. I hope her gameplay includes some nice looking just-frames.

Vlaphor

Not really a fan of the new character, but she seems alright. I do like how Lisa looks though. Kokoro is Kokoro, never really thought too much about her.

Vlaphor

When they mentioned customization, I thought it would be more akin to what Tekken has, but it looks like it's just a different way to organize costumes. You could do things like add glasses and change hairstyles in DOA 5 as well.

Akira1983

Banned
This is looking pretty good

Glad they are moving further away from DOA3 and 4

Character and costume designs look much better in this, really excited to see someone finally improve damage modeling in a fighting game

NiCO's design appears generally solid, likely because she was created specifically for DoA6.

Thinking on some of the off-screen images that were floating around last night, the more I look at the full cast of returning female characters, the more I think my complaints stem from a half-assed design approach of merely slimming their figures, instead of really overhauling their bodies and costumes to be more appropriate for less busty girls, which isn't to say I wouldn't rather have characters more inline with DoA5.

Madonis

I never liked Marie Rose, so any characters based on her are starting with a handicap.

The rest of the game seems fine, so that won't be too much of a problem. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dang I went to sleep when they were playing DOA5. Kokoro was a wise choice.

I think new slender Ayane looks great but this costume isn't as good as the hooded Ninja Gaiden type one they first gave her. That one is super stylish.

This looks 100 times better than her default.
Yeah, that's much better. Is she Tamaki's little sister or something? They look similar. I think I fell in love a little when she went "I don't need to explain myself to you" so firm and confidently.
I'd still prefer Tamaki

Last edited:
So basically they're replacing Alpha-152 with a Marie Rose version, who subtitles for Raiden on the weekends. I definitely agree with everyone that NiCO is a character, that's playable.

Last edited:
I really hope Alpha-152 stays out of DoA6. Her look is so shit, that she looks more like a humanoid placeholder, than an actual character.
I'd be happy to see a real character inherit Alphas moveset though.

CD'S BAR

the new stage looks great. the voice acting and the bgm with the vocals are hilariously bad, but par for the course and part of the charm.

CD'S BAR

Separate character customization menu is news to me.

Pretty cool. Even though all that's really added is the option to add different glasses, unless now every character has multiple hairstyles.

https://www.dualshockers.com/dead-alive-6-realistic-breast-physics/

Shimbori-san explained that this is a build still in development, but breast physics have not been removed, and movement is indeed there. In Dead or Alive 5 breast physics were very exaggerated, and for Dead or Alive 6, the development team is aiming to achieve more realistic physical effects.

As we already know, the Soft Engine isn’t being used for this game and has been replaced with a new one that is being developed at Koei Tecmo. Yet, since it’s still in development, it’s not ready for general showing. Gameplay is being showcased just to show the progress being made.

The Soft Engine is being replaced because it was old, and the new engine doesn’t yet have a name. The development team is working very hard on it.

This is good news, thanks much for sharing it, tc!

PSlayer

It is pretty clear to me that this is all bait and switch. They will release the game clean of anything that may cause bad previews or bad reviews from the usual suspects and then fill the game with sexy dlc costumes and characters.

I'm gonna wait the full version.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm gonna wait the full version.
They are still releasing DLC for DoA5. There will never be a "full version" but just continuous additions on top of a base. There may be some seasonal discounts on year old sets or bundles of DLC, but they never combine it into an ultimate edition or anything, not with this game and not with Dynasty Warriors.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

cuuqRtV.jpg

They just released this pic on Twitter. Looks to be the posters you'll get for ordering the $220 edition. Oddly enough, the bottom right poster shows them all in their DOA5 costumes, which is fine, I like those better. Still, I'd hope they are in the game as well. Christie's open catsuit/black bra combo is fantastic, and the fact that you can go braless is even better.

Sadly, this means that this might be all of the female characters in the game, at least at launch. They're probably gonna make me pay extra for Rachel, and if I have to, I will...

Last edited:
Sadly, this means that this might be all of the female characters in the game, at least at launch. They're probably gonna make me pay extra for Rachel, and if I have to, I will...
Yeah, been expecting that since there "not all popular characters will make base roster" and "don't fit in story" comments, especially after they made Nyotengu a pre-order bonus despite being more popular than over half the females in those posters, and Momiji is just as popular. Include a few less popular characters and then sell more popular ones using the "guests/bonus" and "story" excuse. Rachel is sadly a victim as if they put her in before Momiji people would call them out as she's overall the less popular of the 2 NG girls, and a less popular heavy grappler than Nyotengu.

Sucks since they're all technically new characters just introduced to DOA, and didn't even get to be base game, but Koei Tecmo love reselling new content as new content yet again in sequels...unless you're a loli apparently. Can't wait for the DOA5 legacy costume packs like they do with Warriors to resell DLC as DLC...... Koei Tecmo sucks. :messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:

yoyo67

Lookin sweet so far. I don't need the jiggles to be exaggerated it actually just makes it less sexy in the long run.

Vlaphor

DOA6 just got rated by the ESRB

YVQIPkm.png

A couple of thoughts here,

First: "A handful of costumes depict characters with narrow strips of cloth that barely cover their buttocks and/or pelvic areas" makes me wonder if we'll be getting some nice costumes that they haven't shown yet.

Second: "In some sequences, players have the ability to zoom in on characters' cleavage, posterior, or underwear, and take pictures" is something we already knew about, but it's glad to see it fully confirmed...considering how much time I spent watching screens like this

zjSyqrc.gif

and trying to make the perfect screen caps.

I don't get why they said DOA 6 would be toned down and still keep the service. Is this a way to subvert expectations? All the game journalists covering this made it seem that fans of the game play this game in a cum closet or something.

Top Bottom