• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 | OT | Mastering Jiggle Combos

Javthusiast

Banned
I would prefer core version this month to be honest, but I get why they would wanna sell the game first, before offering a free version.

Norse

I just finally got the free core doa5 on 1X. Looks good and plays great solo. Hope doa6 free version hits soon.

Last edited:

Ellis

Performance on PC is really bad for me.

Yes, my GTX 960 / I5 2400 is ageing fast, but I see no reason why this game is hitting 100% usage for both CPU and GPU.
CPU especially considering it is still far more than capable for most games this gen.

Something isn't right.

Vlaphor

The Cheat Engine script we've been hoping for is finally here. The script that unlocks costumes permanently.

http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8812

It says "Codex" (pirated) version, but it works just fine with the legal version as well, as verified by me. The way that is works is slightly convoluted.

First you to have load up the cheat engine and the game and the cheat engine file. Then activate the "All costumes unlockable" option. Then you have to go to the wardrobe and highlight every single costume. This will max out the parts. Then just do a quick round of versus the CPU and everything you highlighted become purchasable. You'll still have to have the coin, but Cheat Engine can help you with that as well.

I'd recommend using this soon, as a patch comes out tomorrow that will probably break this script, at least for a while.

Last edited:
Shamefully stolen from le reddit
h6q445qvpyj21.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I have to echo everyone else's voice on the unlock system, I completed arcade and survival and it gave me 2 costume points.
Like really?
I also played hours of Quest and I've unlocked 1 outfit that was a colour variation.

Vlaphor

Yeah it works just fine on the Steam version. ... I really dislike this random grind unlock system.

The thing that really gets me is that there is no way to purchase costume points. If they did that, then their scheme would be evil, but it would make sense. Without monitization, I can't think of a single good reason why the unlock system is the way that it is.

wipeout364

I actually was considering buying the season pass but the unlock system really has turned me off. I don’t understand why they just didn’t just make it easy to get those costumes if you buy the game. Make their money off their season passes.

CatCouch

I already put the game down to wait for some changes. No point in wasting time earning so little when it will be patched over time.

Buying a game at launch often gets you the worst experience. Modern gaming...

I do like the game a lot outside of the costume issues.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I already put the game down to wait for some changes. No point in wasting time earning so little when it will be patched over time.

Buying a game at launch often gets you the worst experience. Modern gaming...

I do like the game a lot outside of the costume issues.

I did the same thing. I'll see if they make some changes this week.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The more I think about it and the typical arrogance demonstrated by old Japanese publishers, it does seem highly likely that they will continue to hold the classic franchise outfits hostage in this system and then after getting everyone right pissed, trying to sell them back to us by selling costume points or drop rate boosters. They pulled a bait n switch on basics of the franchise and it is obvious. To demonstrate this kind of deliberate manipulative disregard for the fans, why would they give a shit now?

Knowing KT is being like this really sours me on the game even though it seems good otherwise. I want to take my money back from them since it's all they'd care about and they don't need to be yelled at, need to be thoroughly humbled, but the digital purchase doesn't seem eligible for a return like other Xbox games. They probably intentionally designed the game to not be returnable by technically making it an amalgamation of parts that all classify as DLC.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
True fighter arcade clears give over 600 costume points after the patch. Legendary over 900.

Patch again mid March so costume points are not randomly assigned.

It looks like they are listening.

Last edited:

Pantz

Story mode was kind of a let down. It was ok but I wish all the characters got a bonus ending video or something to top it off.

TGO

Game seems to have flopped in the UK.
Entered at 26 in the charts
This is really sad as minus the whole costume situation, it the best DOA in years.
Not sure if it's because the Woke reviews or because people are waiting on the Free 2 play version.
Both suck either way because it's damaging to the game.
And then there's the prospect of people just not being interested in DOA anymore.
This thread isn't exactly kicking.

Javthusiast

Banned
Less big multistage arenas as compared to doa 5 lr.
Characters previously in the roster, even if dlc like Mai who should be in the starting line up, will be sold as dlc later like momiji etc. probably.
More costumes should be in the game from the get go and not use the excuse of oh it's the first version of doa 6 so they have to go back to the barebones doa 5 costumes amount.
No lobbies at launch.
Overpriced season pass, even with over 60 costumes not warranting the price.
Terrible confusing marketing.
DoA overall not having that mainstream appeal.

Yeah, wouldn't suprise me if it does worse than doa 5 Last Round in sales.

At least Koei Tecmo is providing a positive response to the costume issue. I still expect them to offer microtransaction unlocks and will legitimately be surprised if it doesn't happen; the system and how it functioned at launch just doesn't make sense, otherwise. Either way, I assume KT realized punishing the game's most ardent fans was not in their best interests.

Koei Tecmo purportedly may not have spent much putting together DoA6, but they certainly haven't done it any favors with everything surrounding the game's release.

Vlaphor

The game has made a terrible first impression with the public and DOA fans in general, so I'm not surprised at lower sales. I do think it'll eventually be fine, but it doing worse than DOA5 at start sounds about right,

Dante83

Banned
I don't see why the game should be doing well. It has input lag issues, no rage quit punish system in place for online, no lobbies, marketed poorly, story mode is terrible, arcade mode is weak, day 1 dlc and the costume unlock system is whack. It is one of the more disappointing releases.

cireza

Banned
I don't feel like the costumes take too much time to unlock. People want everything right now. Unlocking them during the coming weeks/months is perfectly fine by me...

Ridaxan

I'm really enjoying 6 a lot more than I did 5. Even though I feel that the Break System is like a "get out of jail free" card, I can work with it.

I've got 2 more trophies (50 ranked wins and 100 matches in ranked) to go then I'll have the platinum. I'm very excited about this since I rarely bother to platinum any games.

I'm happy that they've changed the drop rate for the costume unlocks, but it's still not close to where it should be.

Last edited:

TGO

I don't feel like the costumes take too much time to unlock. People want everything right now. Unlocking them during the coming weeks/months is perfectly fine by me...
If there was more costumes and unlockable stuff with a lower unlock rate it would be fine.
But having to beat something like arcade several times to get a random unlock is a problem.

Pantz

There are no ending videos? What do you get?

No traditional ending videos like previous games as far as I can tell. You play through the timeline rather than a single character and some characters play pretty minor roles with only 2-3 scenes that may not even have an ending besides just assuming that's when they got knocked out of the tournament and you never hear from them again. The scenes are fun and cute but I wish they had a more traditional ending scene for each character even if they played a small role in the timeline.

Nymphae

Banned
No traditional ending videos like previous games as far as I can tell. You play through the timeline rather than a single character and some characters play pretty minor roles with only 2-3 scenes that may not even have an ending besides just assuming that's when they got knocked out of the tournament and you never hear from them again. The scenes are fun and cute but I wish they had a more traditional ending scene for each character even if they played a small role in the timeline.

Totally. They might be dumb but it's a pretty low effort way to add some incentive for me to get through Arcade mode with each character. I don't like when fighters only provide me a single story mode with one ending.

I am so excited for this game. Let's hope the censors don't destroy the game, and that the game is not ruined by bad business practices like loot boxes.

Last edited:

Ellis

4-core CPUs are dead. Neither Intel or AMD make any mainstream 4-core CPUs. I would start considering a new build, as your CPU has become extinct.

You must be joking, because they really haven't.

I know my limitations, and I know that DOA6 should not be pulling 100% usage. This ''extinct'' CPU is still more than enough to run most of this generations titles if they are optimized to a decent enough standard.

I got a refund anyway as the input lag was a much bigger issue to me. Tekken 7 had latency problems too and it ruined anything good the game had going for it.

You must be joking, because they really haven't.

I know my limitations, and I know that DOA6 should not be pulling 100% usage. This ''extinct'' CPU is still more than enough to run most of this generations titles if they are optimized to a decent enough standard.

I got a refund anyway as the input lag was a much bigger issue to me. Tekken 7 had latency problems too and it ruined anything good the game had going for it.
At some point, it is no longer an issue of optimization as much as it is an issue of obsolete hardware. Not to mention, because of the spectre, meltdown, and L1 terminal fault microcode and OS updates, your CPU is slower than it was when you bought it.

Think whatever you'de like, but quad cores are finally dead. Intel doesn't even make an i5 or i7 which is quad core anymore. I would expect the future of gaming on your PC to only get worse from here.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
If there was more costumes and unlockable stuff with a lower unlock rate it would be fine.
But having to beat something like arcade several times to get a random unlock is a problem.
I don't mind, but I understand the complain. I actually find it rather nice to have stuff to unlock. This brings back memories lol. In older DoA games, you would have to play survival to try to drop the costumes, or complete arcade mode with no continues. Things like that.

In DoA5, I actually completed Legendary Survival with Lisa to unlock her most sexy costume. You also had to do time attack and arcade I think with Christie and Tina for the same costume, much easier than Survival though.

Last edited:

TGO

11 male characters, 15 female ones. The priorities of this game are obvious.
People would complain if it was the other way around.
Main character is also female.

LUXURY

I don't mind, but I understand the complain. I actually find it rather nice to have stuff to unlock. This brings back memories lol. In older DoA games, you would have to play survival to try to drop the costumes, or complete arcade mode with no continues. Things like that.

In DoA5, I actually completed Legendary Survival with Lisa to unlock her most sexy costume. You also had to do time attack and arcade I think with Christie and Tina for the same costume, much easier than Survival though.

To me, there is a difference. I don’t mind unlocking things either, like was done in the past. What is problematic for me and others is that you can play for hours (I have 9 racked up on PC) and not unlock a single thing for the character you play. I’ve done almost 90 quests, countless arcade runs and have not unlocked a single thing for Diego. Back then you’d unlock stuff for the character you’re playing as. Not this random ass pattern unlock system that is so odd to even implement. I’m tired of unlocking dominatrix and little skimpy things for the little girl characters like Marie Rose or Honaka I’ll never, ever use.

Last edited:

CatCouch

Glad to hear the costume points are being addressed, that's exactly what I needed!

I really am enjoying the game and I suspect I'll get all the costumes I could want like DOA5 had. I so need Halloween themes!

I'm sure DOA6 will make it's money from costume/character sales through the Core Fighters version. That seemed to do quite well before. If only Shimbori didn't spend so much time flip-flopping on toning the game down. I saw so many comments on YouTube claiming the game was censored with "get woke, go broke" posts.

It sucks that we live in such a negative environment when it comes to games, there's little positive coverage of anything. It feels like we're in a loop where games get announced, suffer some controversy, get released in a messed up state with reviewers trashing it and YouTubers overreacting with videos claiming the industry is dying. Ugh.

Hopefully there will be cool costumes and DLC characters that can keep this OT going for years! I'm hyped for Mai!

This is really sad as minus the whole costume situation, it the best DOA in years.
Not sure if it's because the Woke reviews or because people are waiting on the Free 2 play version.
And then there's the prospect of people just not being interested in DOA anymore.
Not surprised, it has pretty low sales on amazon, and low steam sales.

Between cutting standard features like tag and missing standard features at launch like lobbies, one of the most popular characters as day 1 disk locked DLC when she's also part of the story mode, a second disk locked character (and costumes) exclusive to a digital deluxe edition that you can't currently get if you got the standard or physical version, a 93$ season pass that also features a returning character as DLC, speaking of those 3 DLC characters.....reselling DOA5 DLC as DOA6 DLC, releasing a game with a broken unlock system at launch, mixed marketing that managed to piss off everyone, and already a string of Koei Tecmo flops that disappointed fans (Warriors All Stars, Dynasty Warriors 9 and Warriors Orochi 4), the only thing successful about this game is Koei Tecmo managed to successfully do everything wrong in getting a game to sell.

DOA6 is just another installment in a series of fighting game developers and publishers refusing to learn anything, and just repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I spent a lot of the day doing online matches. I still haven’t unlocked stuff I want, but I have tons and tons of stuff half unlocked now. Things should start filling in much quicker.

I also fought an A Rank player. They kicked my ass.

Pimpbaa

4-core CPUs are dead. Neither Intel or AMD make any mainstream 4-core CPUs. I would start considering a new build, as your CPU has become extinct.

Intel is still making plenty of 4 and even 2 core CPUs for laptops. 4 core may be dead for gaming, but for non gaming PCs.

Vlaphor

I've been doing really good as Tina in online matches. Haven't run into a single rage quitter yet either. Got a 8 win streak going on now.

wipeout364

So is the costume part new drop rate permanent?

I found the current rate pretty reasonable I was getting on average 200 parts per ranked match tonight. That’s still going to be a grind but a much more reasonable one. If it’s permanent I will buy the season pass to support them.

So is the costume part new drop rate permanent?

I found the current rate pretty reasonable I was getting on average 200 parts per ranked match tonight. That’s still going to be a grind but a much more reasonable one. If it’s permanent I will buy the season pass to support them.
They said it was permanent in a tweet. So I would hope.

mcz117chief

For me it is:
First and foremost no TAG is a MASSIVE fail for me
No Momiji or Rachel
Basic costumes hidden behind grind
Blood doesn't sit well with me in what always was basically an upbeat, "Shonen/shojo" style fighting game

Until they put TAG back in I won't bother.

cireza

Banned
Blood doesn't sit well with me in what always was basically an upbeat, "Shonen/shojo" style fighting game
You can remove blood in the options.

We lost Tag Battle, but the game is a massive visual overhaul when compared to 5.

Last edited:

Ridaxan

I managed to knock the platinum today. Really loving the game. The lack of Tag is unfortunate as it was very unique in it's implementation (tag throws, etc).
Unlocking costumes is a freaking chore. I'm at the point where I wish it had a button combination cheat that you could do in the options menu like Last Round.

As someone who spent ages unlocking costumes in Vanilla DOA5 back on 360, I can't say I'm all that interested in grinding anymore.

mcz117chief

You can remove blood in the options.

We lost Tag Battle, but the game is a massive visual overhaul when compared to 5.

Yeah, I know you can remove blood which is why it isn't my number one complaint but I will NOT tolerate the fact that Tag Battle is gone. Dead or Alive 5 looks great already and has all the fun stuff in it. For the foreseeable future I will be sticking with Last Round.

Last edited:

kingbean

The game looks really fantastic for the most part. I need to put more time into it.

I doubt I'll play any online, but I'll probably unlock most of the costumes just playing the arcade mode now that costume points aren't broken.

Top Bottom