• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 | OT | Mastering Jiggle Combos

Regarding the 100x drop rate increase for costume parts, it might not be permanent. For clarity, the person responding in the tweet is one of the most prominent DoA pro players and was involved with, at the very least, promoting DoA6.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I read on Reddit you can play arcade mode with Lisa on the highest difficulty, do nothing but mash the kick button and win every time. I might give it a try to unlock a few more things just incase they take away the bonus rates. Currently that would net around 900 points.

Last edited:

xion4360

The current 100x costume pattern parts drop rate is not permanent. It even states that it is part of a Release Celebration, but there is also a patch coming that will make changes to how the drops work so they may permanently increase to drop rate to 50x the default rate or something like that... just wait and see for details.

Pantz

I read on Reddit you can play arcade mode with Lisa on the highest difficulty, do nothing but mash the kick button and win every time. I might give it a try to unlock a few more things just incase they take away the bonus rates. Currently that would net around 900 points.

Just tried this and it worked, only lost one match. Too bad there's no good rapid fire controller options for Xbox One.

wipeout364

The current 100x costume pattern parts drop rate is not permanent. It even states that it is part of a Release Celebration, but there is also a patch coming that will make changes to how the drops work so they may permanently increase to drop rate to 50x the default rate or something like that... just wait and see for details.
They suck if they don’t keep it and I will be very upset at my purchase.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I keep matching to opponents who instantly cancel the match from even happening, but the connections are always fine. Why sit in there doing that? It just ruins the experience for everyone else.

I guess I'll play vs the CPU since I HAVE TO.

They suck if they don’t keep it and I will be very upset at my purchase.
I think 50x combined with the change that it gives points for the character you're using is alright.

Last edited:

wipeout364

I think 50x combined with the change that it gives points for the character you're using is alright.

Is that just you talking or is that what they are doing? Is it official? Thats’s not Too bad a compromise if it’s for real, but I thought the current situation was permanent was and look where that got me.😢

I think the unlock rate right now is perfect. Takes a good amount of time to unlock everything and give you incentive to continue playing. If I unlocked everything in a matter of days the game would get old much quicker

Solo Act

I have a very specific question if anyone could chime in. In this game, does it show the costumes you don't own, or are only the costumes that you own shown on the character select screen?

I love the DOA gameplay, but don't care about having tons of costumes. If there are a thousand costumes that I don't own, I don't care. I just don't want to be reminded that I need to purchase something every time I play.

DOA 5 Ultimate patched in that BS and I hated it (showing you locked costumes).
I'll buy all of the characters, so I don't mind if they're shown as locked - but the costumes annoy me.

I have a very specific question if anyone could chime in. In this game, does it show the costumes you don't own, or are only the costumes that you own shown on the character select screen?

I love the DOA gameplay, but don't care about having tons of costumes. If there are a thousand costumes that I don't own, I don't care. I just don't want to be reminded that I need to purchase something every time I play.

DOA 5 Ultimate patched in that BS and I hated it (showing you locked costumes).
I'll buy all of the characters, so I don't mind if they're shown as locked - but the costumes annoy me.
Yeah, it shows, just like DOA5 Ultimate/Last Round.

Pantz

Man for some annoying reason it doesn't always give me the x100 bonus or any bonus when completing arcade mode. It will give me costume parts in the single digits. Don't know what's causing it or how to fix it really. Coming back to the game later it usually seems to work fine.

Man for some annoying reason it doesn't always give me the x100 bonus or any bonus when completing arcade mode. It will give me costume parts in the single digits. Don't know what's causing it or how to fix it really. Coming back to the game later it usually seems to work fine.

What difficulty are you on? The higher the difficulty, the more points you get. If you already know that, then yeah it could be a glitch that requires resetting the game.

Pantz

What difficulty are you on? The higher the difficulty, the more points you get. If you already know that, then yeah it could be a glitch that requires resetting the game.

It's happened on different difficulties.

First time it happened I was going through all the characters on Rookie which netted 100 each time except for Zack it only gave me 1 point. It went back to the normal 100 for everyone else without restarting. It's started happening more and more though and usually it's fixed if I restart the game but today for the first time restarting the game and it still happened again on the first try. Did a full console restart and it was working but then started doing it again.

I can't figure it out and getting only 8 points for the hardest difficulty sucks. Not a huge deal, just annoying. (on Xbox btw)

It's happened on different difficulties.

First time it happened I was going through all the characters on Rookie which netted 100 each time except for Zack it only gave me 1 point. It went back to the normal 100 for everyone else without restarting. It's started happening more and more though and usually it's fixed if I restart the game but today for the first time restarting the game and it still happened again on the first try. Did a full console restart and it was working but then started doing it again.

I can't figure it out and getting only 8 points for the hardest difficulty sucks. Not a huge deal, just annoying. (on Xbox btw)

I see. That is really strange. I got both versions and it seems fine on the PS4 version. I’m thinking it has something to with the online on the Xbox version not being as updated possibly? The reason I said that is because I noticed the, your main character screen isn’t updated on the Xbox version yet meaning it shows random characters instead of your main character like the PS4 version. Maybe it still needs an update? Not sure if a reinstall will help.

I think they better hurry up with the player matches or lobbies because this definitely doesn’t seem like a game for beginners in ranked lol. I already know some casual doa players who can’t do anything in this game online because of all the high level and very solid doa players swarming online. Wait, will this have player matches btw? I know they got rid of them in doa5:lr, but that would be nice if they returned as well.

Last edited:

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Playing this now and I’m mixed on the visuals. It looks good but not amazing. I fired up Virtua Fighter 5, which is like 14 years old, and I don’t feel this is even a leap from that at all. DOA used to be the king of tech on the fighting game front but it feels like they’ve lost that edge. Most fighters have, I suppose.

Weirdly, NRS seems to have rocketed past everyone in terms of character quality. Which I did not see coming.

Last edited:
what are your ranks online guys? I'm sitting at D+/C- atm lol, haven't been really fighting games expert at all but I'm really enjoying playing doa for some reason.

Weirdly, NRS seems to have rocketed past everyone in terms of character quality. Which I did not see coming.

It's not that weird - they are only ones operating on AAA tier. Other fighters have to budget for at best 2-3 millions of sales. It's a pity but now shooters replaced them as most important genre on consoles.

On the other hand it also shows that no amount of money is going to help when company have bad art style - since MK 9,10,11 has some of the ugliest characters in genre imho.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's not that weird - they are only ones operating on AAA tier. Other fighters have to budget for at best 2-3 millions of sales. It's a pity but now shooters replaced them as most important genre on consoles.

On the other hand it also shows that no amount of money is going to help when company have bad art style - since MK 9,10,11 has some of the ugliest characters in genre imho.
My point is that older NRS games (like MK9 and 10) feature rather ugly characters but Mk11 looks stunning.

I think Tekken 7 and SC6 both look pretty good, though.

Playing this now and I’m mixed on the visuals. It looks good but not amazing. I fired up Virtua Fighter 5, which is like 14 years old, and I don’t feel this is even a leap from that at all. DOA used to be the king of tech on the fighting game front but it feels like they’ve lost that edge. Most fighters have, I suppose.

I was thinking about this the other day, but I think the 2d fighters generally look better because they are in a two dimensional plane and not fully three dimensional with cameras angles, getting close to walls, backdrops, buildings, etc. I’m thinking they take up more process power. I could be totally wrong though.

The characters on the other hand are more realistic in nrs games, so they win in that department. Maybe because they can focus more on the characters since the backgrounds aren’t as taxing on hardware. Plus bigger budgets I’m assuming. Just guessing here again.

Last edited:
what are your ranks online guys? I'm sitting at D+/C- atm lol, haven't been really fighting games expert at all but I'm really enjoying playing doa for some reason.

I’m a C+ for now. I guess that’s ok for me since I haven’t pldyed doa forever. Getting to B might be some work though.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I’ve had a lot of luck online playing characters no one plays. I don’t think anyone knows what to expect when they see Raidou pop up on screen.

Pantz

*Jiggles OT*

So the new update gives you random costume points only for the character you are currently using now.
The points now overflow on to a new costume so there's no wasted points. Plus I read that they carry over to a different character if you already have all unlocked for that one.
Rotate character added to wardrobe.
Some new intro dialog.

Plus they extended the x100 bonus until March 28th (and possibly beyond).

full patch notes:
https://teamninja-studio.com/doa6/us/images/update/doa6_update_v102_en.pdf

Last edited:

LUXURY

Looks like wind was added to one of the stages. You see the leaves floating around too. It’s a nice touch.

Ascend

Earning costumes is a chore... You slowly unlock every character, rather than the main one you're playing. If this is their idea of trying to increase the game's longevity, it's not working for me.

Pantz

Earning costumes is a chore... You slowly unlock every character, rather than the main one you're playing. If this is their idea of trying to increase the game's longevity, it's not working for me.

They just updated it to the character your playing.

Probably worth mentioning, DoA6: Core Fighters has been rolling-out since last night/early this morning and--at least in North America--is now available on all platforms.

Last edited:
You have to be online to earn the bonus. Perhaps your internet connection is flakey and has been occasionally dropping out.

Ascend

Probably worth mentioning, DoA6: Core Fighters has been rolling-out since last night/early this morning and--at least in North America--is now available on all platforms.
Guess I can now play on Xbox too. Not gonna buy this game on two platforms. The experience on PC has been generally good. When I tried the demo on the Xbox One a few weeks ago, performance was atrocious. This is a good opportunity to see if it's playable or not.

For those playing the game in NA & EU on PS4 & STEAM, there's a potential issue worth monitoring, especially for those who haven't purchased the game.

The Happy Wedding Costume Set 1 just became available, and NA & EU people are noticing the costumes are not available to purchase individually on PS4 & Steam (this was already an issue for DoA5 on Steam).

The below image is currently featured on the English-language DoA6 website.

LnCGnaH.png

The image's counterpart on the JP site lists the costumes as being available for individual purchase on Xbox One & PS4, which is currently reflected on both the JP & HK PSN storefronts.

------------------------

My intention was to wait for a price drop on the base game, before considering a purchase, but that's completely off the table, if NA PSN users won't be able to purchase costumes individually.

Last edited:

LUXURY

I really don’t understand why they continue this “volume” DLC. Just release it as one part. It’s so stupid that half the characters get new content but the other half has to wait longer. They are so messy with their content it’s annoying.

CatCouch

I definitely like earning more for costumes now. Now I feel better about playing.

You can't buy individual costumes on PSN? Man, I'm losing my desire to go back to my PS4. I moved my third part purchases to XB1 and it's made a difference twice this month with DMC V being less censored and having the option to buy outfits individually in DOA 6.

The prices are good! I bought Kasumi's wedding outfit for $2. That's a decent impulse buy price!

Dice

Not really into Diego's design but his moves are absolutely savage. I hope he gets some better looks.

Dice

Man I really hate it when DOA Quest wants you to do some crazy stuff with an absolute garbage tier character like Brad Wong.

Can you buy wedding costumes separately on PS4?
If you're using the NA or an EU store, then no.

Separate purchases of the wedding costumes are available in all regions on the Xbox and at least in Japan & Hong Kong on PS4. Whether this will change in the future and for forthcoming outfits, Koei Tecmo hasn't responded to any related inquiries.

If you're using the NA or an EU store, then no.

Separate purchases of the wedding costumes are available in all regions on the Xbox and at least in Japan & Hong Kong on PS4. Whether this will change in the future and for forthcoming outfits, Koei Tecmo hasn't responded to any related inquiries.
what a shame... is there any chance these will work on eu region when I buy them from japan or hong kong store on ps4?

what a shame... is there any chance these will work on eu region when I buy them from japan or hong kong store on ps4?
Unfortunately, I don't know if the game's DLC is region locked, although anecdotal evidence from a quick Google search suggests the DLC and game region need to match.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
got the Steam free version of this to try it out. it's pretty cool. really demanding performance however, think i'll have to set things lower.

thought story mode was only in the full game but there's some of that in the free one too. it's pretty cool.

Dice

Okay DOA Quest is really turning into some bullshit. Waste all your time playing through a long survival mode to finally on the last opponent get your one-round opportunity to attempt the very delicate win condition? That's a fast way to get me to say fuck off with the whole mode, especially if I can't tell the costume points what to unlock.

Aside from this mode attempting to make me hate the game, I've quite taken a liking to Hitomi.

Last edited:

Ridaxan

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I've mostly been playing online and it seems like the costume parts that you earn is now prioritized to the character you're currently playing. I managed to unlock all of Christie's costume parts in an afternoon.

Take the following with a grain of salt, but the below two screenshots from the DoA Reddit are making the rounds. Essentially, the Japan-side of Koei Tecmo has consciously decided not to allow NA & EU consumers to purchase costumes individually on PS4 & Steam.

Screenshot 1:
Pflw3m0.jpg

Screenshot 2:
MYfTjv5.png

Dice

I logged in and there were 75 messages, most of which were costume points, and it finished 40 costumes. I wonder if those were previously unattributed spillover points?

Top Bottom