• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 confirmed for PS4/PSVita

Kudo

PS4 version it is.
Hopefully all characters are included, this will be treat on HDTV though Vita does have its pros too.

Bishop89

PS4 version it is.
Hopefully all characters are included, this will be treat on HDTV though Vita does have its pros too.
31297_yep-close-up-eyebrow-raise-thats-right.gif

given that the series started on and so far has only been exclusive to xbox, i would say it's a pretty interesting indicator of the way the wind is blowing

I am genuinely curious what leads to a decision like this? Is it just another example of them leaving money on the table or is the asia only thing really playing a factor here? since they know xb1 is not really strong in asia right now they just figured they would pass?

given that the series started on and so far has only been exclusive to xbox, i would say it's a pretty interesting indicator of the way the wind is blowing

I wouldn't call it surprising or huge though. It's just one more Japanese (niche) game that's not coming to the Xbox.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I am genuinely curious what leads to a decision like this? Is it just another example of them leaving money on the table or is the asia only thing really playing a factor here? since they know xb1 is not really strong in asia right now they just figured they would pass?

i would guess it's mostly because of asia, yes.

DiscoJer

I really hope the volleyball in this is good.

In the original it was excellent, but in the 360 sequel it was almost unplayable. But the PSP version was like the original..

Vylash

I would never purchase such filth

... but I hope Marie Rose and Honoka are in... for uh... people who want them in

alstein

The general public has no idea Criminal Panty Ninja Chronicles exists, but I still see people calling DoAX out for creepiness. DoA is a reasonably well known IP in the West, so it's way more likely to get torn to shreds by the media than certain NISA or XSEED games. Could be a factor idk

Having the "feminist" crowd tear into this game would only help its sales.

I would've been all over this 5 years ago when I was younger, single and were simpler times. Now I just find this silly and probably has 20 minutes worth of fun for me before the novelty wears off. Not worth my $60 and hassle of importing.

I' say it's because Itagaki left. He always seemed to be the reason why ms got those exclusive deals, and he looked rather pissed when they got an way of bringing the series to PlayStation.

JordanN

Banned
Betting the Vita version has some sort of creepy touch mode.
That's a very safe bet since the Vita port of DOA5 already has that.

I find this weird too.

Anyway, in for a vita copy so i can play in bed... At night... Without my girl seeing it ever.

From media creates

Code:
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
| PS4   |     18.740 |     17.656 |      5.695 |    675.748 |    653.377 |   1.646.415 |
| PSV # |     13.741 |     14.485 |     18.685 |    571.842 |    779.790 |   4.095.769 |
|  WIU  |     11.938 |     11.257 |      9.646 |    335.158 |    332.722 |   2.478.738 |
|  PS3  |      2.540 |      2.956 |      6.605 |    165.452 |    331.595 |  10.334.443 |
|  XB1  |        186 |        211 |            |     10.643 |            |      53.910 |

Literally 2 people would pick it up for XB1.

18-Volt

Hopefully we could convince Tecmo for a western release. I really need some sports games on my Vita. Anything will do. Especially anything with Kasumi <3

mcz117chief

Castle_0e4a72_1170720.gif

MEGATON!!!!

Almost as good as the announcement of NieR 2. Bring on the...umm...mini games! Yeah and...umm...sports! YEAH!...

...And all my favourite hot chicks from the DoA and NG series :)
S6njTTz.gif

Koobion

I hope the characters have more detail than previous games. They all seemed to have the same body, with no different or more defined "assets" for people with different tastes or interests - lol.

DiscoJer

The games were always "very perv". That's the point

Is there anything in the games that isn't in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition?

It's just athletes in bathing suits. Oh sure, some of them are skimpy, some of them ludicrous, but perverted?

mcz117chief

Based Hayashi!

xdA8d8p.jpg

Hayashi-dono!

Even though Ninja Gaiden 3 had a rough start he proved to the world that he can make anything if he puts his mind to it when he released Razor's Edge, so far the best Ninja Gaiden game (subjective opinion but still, my absolute favourite NG game by a landslide). Same for Dead or Alive, fifth is the best one yet with only the second coming close.

I hope they include Momiji, Rachel and Sonia/Irene too.

Momiji and Rachel are pretty much guaranteed but I wouldn't hold my breath for Irene.

Is there anything in the games that isn't in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition?

It's just athletes in bathing suits. Oh sure, some of them are skimpy, some of them ludicrous, but perverted?

I was quoting the term for a reason. I don't even know what "perverted" means anymore.

I dunno, the ones that are literally just strategically placed gemstones are a bit suspect.

I'll get this on PS4. I need that next-gen physics engine.

I need a decent volleyball game and I can't be fucked hooking up the GC for Beach Spikers. I'm hoping for 60fps on the console at least.

Momiji and Rachel are pretty much guaranteed but I wouldn't hold my breath for Irene.
I'd expect everyone from DOA5 except the VF characters.

crinale

Wasn't there a thread from a few weeks ago where one of the devs pretty clearly stated that they weren't going to localise this due to cultural differences or something like that?

I do remember this too and many people were bummed by that. Hoping that won't be true..

Sesha

Guess there's no PC version because of "Don't mod our games waaah moan bitch moan ".

Hayashi-dono!

Even though Ninja Gaiden 3 had a rough start he proved to the world that he can make anything if he puts his mind to it when he released Razor's Edge, so far the best Ninja Gaiden game (subjective opinion but still, my absolute favourite NG game by a landslide). Same for Dead or Alive, fifth is the best one yet with only the second coming close.

My condolences.

JordanN

Banned
I hope the characters have more detail than previous games. They all seemed to have the same body, with no different or more defined "assets" for people with different tastes or interests - lol.

Even though it's one screenshot, the game looks like it's reusing the same assets from DOA 5: LR. Kasumi looks identical in the same swimsuit in the same setting.

tJIxJbd.jpg

A shame if it's not actually built from the ground up, but I guess that's what makes a Vita version possible, or both versions (budget speaking).

FHIZ

Said this before, in a world where Senran Kagura gets localized regularly, DoAX's got no excuse, especially in a struggling Japanese console market.

Also, if Gal Gun finds a Western publisher, then c'mon

Top Bottom