• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEAD OR ALIVE XTREME 3 (PS4/PS Vita) English Release Confirmed For Asia

miku

98ekDz0.jpg

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will be releasing with subtitles in multiple languages (Chinese, English, Japanese) for the Asia region, without additional censorship. Voices will remain in Japanese. Multi-language options are available for the PS4 and PS Vita, as well as Collector's Editions.

Finally, Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 is currently a Japanese/Asian Region exclusive, although if a Western release happens, according to Koei Tecmo, it will be an "adjusted" version. What this actually means though, is highly based on the assumption of censorship; in the meantime, these versions are the only sure bet for the original xtreme experience.

Play-Asia

Tizoc

Note that you can have mltiple accounts on the PS4, including an Asia account to get any dlc.
For the Vita, well you'd prob. need to buy a 2nd one if you want to redeem dlc :V

stryke

Note that you can have mltiple accounts on the PS4, including an Asia account to get any dlc.
For the Vita, well you'd prob. need to buy a 2nd one if you want to redeem dlc :V

If I were to make an Asia account, which country would be best...Hong Kong?

Battlechili

Banned
Good to hear that English speakers will be able to get this in English after all. Hope all the DoA fans out there have a blast. Its a shame the game won't be brought over here, and even if it did, without editing. But now that doesn't matter! Hope you guys have fun! I'm not a DoA fan but I've been curious about the titles.
What's there to censor though?
Lewdness in general, presumably. It was mentioned a while back by the creators that this would be released exclusively in Asia unless there was enough demand for it, but that even if there was the game would be edited for Western audiences. Which, editing could mean any number of things, but people assumed censorship, especially based on recent happenings. As for anything actually NEEDING censorship in this game? I dunno.

And that's all we need heh :D Asia would most likely welcome this with open arms vs the west lol

EDIT:

Singapore PSN would be in English, not sure about Hong Kong though

Eolz

Eheh, was sure it would happen, espexially if they wanted HongKong and did like DOA5.
Now we know why they won't bother publishing it in the west for a while.
Gotta preorder that CE before it's out of stock now!

Edit:wouldn't the japanese version be subtitled in english as well? DOA5 did this, and I think I remember others as well. Will take the risk, if there's a problem I'll get an asian copy later.

Normally there is a billing address on websites but they only asked me for the shipping address I want it sent to my work and my card is addressed to my home. I won't have any problems will i?

The go to version if you don't understand Japanese and want to avoid any pesky form of censorship that the western version will inevitably have.

baberunisei

Will I be able to buy the digital version of the game if I create an Asian PSN account, using prepaid cards, considering that I live in South America? Or is it better for me to preorder the physical version ASAP?

Will I be able to buy the digital version of the game if I create an Asian PSN account, using prepaid cards, considering that I live in South America? Or is it better for me to preorder the physical version ASAP?

Buying the digital version on the PS4 isn't different from buying something on your main account and possible from any region, on the Vita it gets a lot more difficult because of the 1 account limit

You only need to order the physical copy if you want it on a disc for ownership/collector purposes

baberunisei

Buying the digital version on the PS4 isn't different from buying something on your main account and possible from any region, on the Vita it gets a lot more difficult because of the 1 account limit

You only need to order the physical copy if you want it on a disc for ownership/collector purposes

Getting the digital version then. Thanks.

Going to wait to when/if a North American version gets confirmed or not. If the "adjustment" just amounts to something like changing something with Marie Rose or changing some ages around, then I'll stick with that version. I honestly can't see what else they would adjust.

LiK

hey, good on them. i'll probably import. I hope the gameplay is better than DOAX2. totes serious

Eolz

Going to wait to when/if a North American version gets confirmed or not. If the "adjustment" just amounts to something like changing something with Marie Rose or changing some ages around, then I'll stick with that version. I honestly can't see what else they would adjust.

A good guess from some months ago was that the monetization would be different too.

Top Bottom