• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet’s Sexy Sandwich Outfit Isn’t Available On PS4, But It’s On Switch

Bullet Club

"Hey baby, could you dress like a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich tonight?"

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet’s Sexy Sandwich Outfit Isn’t Available On PS4, But It’s On Switch

GCdnv9q.jpg

The sexy “Sandwich” outfit has been censored out of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet on the PS4. However, the outfit is available on the Nintendo Switch version of the game.

The outfit is basically short-shorts and suspenders. That’s it. The suspenders barely cover up the girls’ nipples and areola. It’s an outfit designed to showcase the Soft Engine’s boob jiggling physics as the suspenders barely keep the boobs in place as they wibble and wobble about. However, you won’t be able to make use of the outfit on the PS4 version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet because it’s been removed. The discovery was made by Twitter user eroaholic, who shared an screenshot from the PS4 version of the game via the #PS4Share function.

Eroacholic laments the lack of the “Sandwich” outfit, stating…
“Sad news, the PS4 version of DOAX3 was affected by Sony’s regulation, removing the ability to select the Sandwich outfit.”
The image shows that in the list, the “Sandwich” outfit is not selectable or even available for purchase.

Further into the thread another tweet showed a screenshot from the Nintendo Switch version of the game, where the outfit is available to purchase in several variations.

Take note that this outfit was available in the original 2016 release of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 on the PS4 in Japan. However, for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet, which came out this past March in Japan and Asia, the outfit set has been completely removed.

Technically, this was announced before the game came out in Japan and Asia, where Koei Tecmo had a rundown of the differences between the Nintendo Switch and PS4 versions of the game, and how the PS4 version would be censored and not receive certain special bikinis. Now we’re starting to see which bikinis and outfits aren’t being made available in the game.

Now if you’re not familiar with the way the “Sandwich” outfit set looks in Dead or Alive Xtreme, there’s actually a video compilation that was put together by Mi M, who showcased three minutes worth of footage from the game with Ayane in the getup.

Basically this is just further proof that Sony’s censorship policies are really crippling the creative breadth of the developers on the PS4.

The major drawback in this case is that Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet does have better graphics and frame-rate on the PS4 version, but it has more content on the Nintendo Switch version. So you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to picking and choosing which version to purchase.

Source: One Angry Gamer

They haven't retconned Fortune yet but I have a feeling when the DLC update comes for the Scarlet characters that they're going to implement all of their censored shit on this build of the game.

If anyone has this version of the game DISABLE "Application Update Files", it will no longer auto update games and you manually can pick and choose when and what to update.

Kiss my ass Sony

47934726913_208f4a0038_o.jpg

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
What's the lesson we learned from the push of Feminism?

It's not about equality, it's about having complete control over Men.

Imagine if Men started censoring products aimed at women? That would be sexist. So why are Male aimed products being censored by Feminists and getting away with it?

xool

I still don't get DOA tiddies - I like anime tiddies as much as the next person, but the girls just look plasticky and barely sexual

Pallas

Gold Member
I still don't get DOA tiddies - I like anime tiddies as much as the next person, but the girls just look plasticky and barely sexual

Yeah but that’s really not the point. It’s still so odd to see Nintendo censoring less than Sony.

Decreeing sexy as some ultimate taboo is one of the worst things to ever happen to video games.

Just what is the big fucking deal? Do feminists think playing a game like this is going to make a guy go out and rape a woman? Like Jacko Whacko from back in the day believing Grand Theft Auto would create mass murderers.

I hate it so fucking much, still bums me out that we didn't get to see PS4 titties in the new God of War for example.

I want sexy back, feminists can go fuck themselves, fun hating prude bastards.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Decreeing sexy as some ultimate taboo is one of the worst things to ever happen to video games.

Just what is the big fucking deal? Do feminists think playing a game like this is going to make a guy go out and rape a woman? Like Jacko Whacko from back in the day believing Grand Theft Auto would create mass murderers.

I hate it so fucking much, still bums me out that we didn't get to see PS4 titties in the new God of War for example.

I want sexy back, feminists can go fuck themselves, fun hating prude bastards.
The nutcases at Resetera think video game women are real people.

I'm dead fucking serious.

I could dig up some screenshots I have over there, but they actually believe video game females are oppressed and suffering. This is the new standard Sony has subjected themselves to.

Thinking virtual pixels have feelings.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd seen a future where Nintendo censors LESS than other companies.
Nintendo censoring less than Sony? Well, that’s something to think deeply about...
Time for the memba berries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Elcid

Banned
They removed this one also a while back, too bad it's PS4 exclusive >.>

LFdViSx.jpg
Ok Sony now you've pissed me off. I've stood by you after your ridiculous PS3 lauch price, your Vita memory cards, the Move, 3d gaming, I EVEN bought one of those Playstation TV monitor things, but now you're fucking with tits and that's not cool. You used to have tits in your games, remember how awesome they were then? They're just as awesome now, you're just ashamed of them. Don't be. Tits are literally life, as we all suckle from them at some point (except for those commies that refuse to breastfeed). Stop fucking with my tits Sony or so help me, this is my last year of PS+, Psnow, and my last PS console.

Leave my tits alone!

vkbest

They haven't retconned Fortune yet but I have a feeling when the DLC update comes for the Scarlet characters that they're going to implement all of their censored shit on this build of the game.

If anyone has this version of the game DISABLE "Application Update Files", it will no longer auto update games and you manually can pick and choose when and what to update.

Kiss my ass Sony

47934726913_208f4a0038_o.jpg

Don’t think they will censor those costumes on Fortune.

Why? because those costumes were DLC and people could buy with real money.

Don’t think they will censor those costumes on Fortune.

Why? because those costumes were DLC and people could buy with real money.
Yeah that's true, they might remove the ability to further purchase or gain them however. I wouldn't know, I used save editors to unlock everything lol.

For anyone interested in Switch impressions (at least while in docked mode), it's a serviceable version of the game. The girls, themselves, still look good and the 30fps hasn't affected my enjoyment, though it does cause certain events to look jerky. My biggest complaint would be the lower resolution, which gives the game an overall blurrier appearance.

For anyone interested in Switch impressions (at least while in docked mode), it's a serviceable version of the game. The girls, themselves, still look good and the 30fps hasn't affected my enjoyment, though it does cause certain events to look jerky. My biggest complaint would be the lower resolution, which gives the game an overall blurrier appearance.
What I find odd is that both Fortune and Scarlet don't have Pro support of any kind yet the PSVR mode does. Talk about weird design decisions.

The nutcases at Resetera think video game women are real people.

I'm dead fucking serious.

I could did up some screenshots I have over there, but they actually believe video game females are oppressed and suffering. This is the new standard Sony has subjected themselves to.

Thinking virtual pixels have feelings.

No, you're right, I've talked about that before, SJWs think video game women are real.

It's so bizarre, but like they said in the movie Videodrome "television is reality and reality is television"

Time for the memba berries.

Sony went through an edgy period though, God of War 3 probably has the most graphic sexual content in any mainstream game ever.

So this is Sony going full circle.

LOLCats

Banned
For any NA switch owners, hows switching countries and buying dlc? Struggle or easy?

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Wasn't Fan-service the whole point of this game?
Is there any actual Volleyball on this anymore?
Yes, there's volleyball.

There also use to be a jet skiing mini game but Tecmo cheaped out or were too lazy to bring it back for the sequels.
Instead, they replaced it with just some rock climbing game but it's boring.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Yes, there's volleyball.

There also use to be a jet skiing mini game but Tecmo cheaped out or were too lazy to bring it back for the sequels.
Instead, they replaced it with just some rock climbing game but it's boring.

They should add this mini-game... sometimes this games have a lack of gameplay.

Last edited:
all of these cost money right?

I remember DOA 5 Last Round on my PS4 was something I spent way way too much real cash on for just costumes

I never tried any of the Xtreme games so are they just set up for you to spend a lot of money on Bikinis?

Vlaphor

all of these cost money right?

I remember DOA 5 Last Round on my PS4 was something I spent way way too much real cash on for just costumes

I never tried any of the Xtreme games so are they just set up for you to spend a lot of money on Bikinis?

The grind in DOAX3 is bizarre. There are several costumes to buy, but most of them can be unlocked within the game. What makes it weird is that the main thing in the game isn't money, but level. Owner level and girl level. This takes forever to raise, and cannot be raised with money. It's so damn slow that it feels like a F2P game where they forgot to add the monitization.

Also, buying the costumes in DOA 6 sucks on PS4 and PC, since you can't buy them individually. You either buy the $92 season pass or the $20 costume packs. On Xbox you can buy them individually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom