• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 demo up on Xbox One

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@majornelson 6:45 PM
A Dead Rising 3 demo just dropped on Xbox One. Head to the game store to download it.

Thanks Larry.

Oozer3993

It appears in the game store for me, but it's listed as "Unavailable." It's also a hefty 7.09 GB.

where are the fifa,madden and nba lolive demos?

dead rising 3 is the best game on xbox one, glad people can try it now :D

FIFA and NBA Live both have demos in the Games Store.

chadskin

In case you can't find it right now:

MajorNelson said:
The DR3 demo is in the process of rolling out. If it’s “Unavailable”- try again later. It will be available in all regions the game is sold

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It appears in the game store for me, but it's listed as "Unavailable."

@majornelson 6:51 PM
The DR3 demo is in the process of rolling out. If it’s “Unavailable”- try again later. It will be available in all regions the game is sold

*facepalm*

I get the same message too. Also, there appears to be no way to download the demo without using the Xbox One. Not even on Xbox.com?

It's 7.09 GB too.

VRMN

@majornelson 6:51 PM

*facepalm*

I get the same message too. Also, there appears to be no way to download the demo without using the Xbox One. Not even on Xbox.com?

It's 7.09 GB too.
Xbox One Smartglass apps can be used to purchase games. I assume they work for demos as well. You can also use the search function to pull up "game demos" to see all available demos. They need a separate section of the store or a notice on the game page, but this is a workaround for now.

timlot

Banned
Nice, just saw this post while playing Powerstar Golf with the Net vs Clippers game snapped to the side. Went to downloaded saw its unavailable right now. Saw demo for Zumba dance demo and downloaded it. Went back to golf game.

REDRZA

Banned
@majornelson 6:45 PM
A Dead Rising 3 demo just dropped on Xbox One. Head to the game store to download it.

Thanks Larry.

How will we be a me to delete demos since HDD space is going to be invaluable and there isn't any tools to manually manage storage space on the bone?

btags

How will we be a me to delete demos since HDD space is going to be invaluable and there isn't any tools to manually manage storage space on the bone?

Just go to select the demo, press the menu button, and there should be an option to uninstall.

Can't recommend this game enough. Fixes basically all the issues I had with the first two games. And the fps are fine. I personally haven't had a noticeable drop.

PG2G

The only thing you can't do is see the available storage. You can delete anything you want right now.

For what its worth, Dead Rising 3 is easily the best launch title. If you haven't tried it, give it a chance. Its a lot of fun.

Chobel

Ryse demo will do wonders. The game is repetitive, but with a demo you won't notice that.

Do it MS.

Xbox One Smartglass apps can be used to purchase games. I assume they work for demos as well. You can also use the search function to pull up "game demos" to see all available demos. They need a separate section of the store or a notice on the game page, but this is a workaround for now.

I had to search for Dead Rising Demo to get it to show on SmartGlass,.

IRQ

Banned
How to find that on xbox.com site?

Why dont MS fix the web site now for a dedicated xbox one games and aps.

It was better with 360.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Thank god for this.

My biggest complaint with the Xbox One so far is the relative lack of demos.

I'm enjoying the hell out of my 4 games, but there are other titles I'm on the fence about and the lack of demos isn't helping matters. This is one of the games I'm least likely to get just bcthe subject matter is a bit played out for me.

At this rate I'm not gonna get anything else until Titanfall.

I'm certainly behind the times here, but it's disappointing to hear demos aren't mandatory like they were on the 360. That was one of my favorite things about last gen.

sangreal

There was supposed to be a 360 DR3, what ever happened to that?

There was never a 360 DR3

http://www.oxm.co.uk/65891/dead-ris...en-capcom-hit-the-ceiling-during-prototyping/

Jones has clarified his earlier comments in a statement to OXM - apparently, Dead Rising 3 was never formally prototyped on Xbox 360. "The goals we set ourselves for Dead Rising 3 were just not possible on the current systems. We knew it would have to be a next-gen game and Microsoft was supportive of the idea."

sangreal

I'm certainly behind the times here, but it's disappointing to hear demos aren't mandatory like they were on the 360. That was one of my favorite things about last gen.

It is disappointing that demos and leaderboards are no longer mandatory for downloadable titles (since XBLA no longer exists), but that never would've applied to DR3 anyway

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
And no 20 demo try limit like stupid Nintendo.

Top Bottom