• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 PC "optimized" for 30fps. User can uncap at own glitchy risk. Cacpcom.

Salsa

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity

said on the stream a bit ago

basically animations and physics could be capped at 30fps and while they do give you the option to uncap it, it's a "at your own risk" sorta thing where you could assumedly break the game cause they're not reworking it for a higher framerate at all.

this is the actual quote:

http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/537545864

11:35

'when we started the PC project we knew we werent gonna be able to guarantee anything above 30 frames per second'

'.. I love fiddling with PC games'

'what im saying is.. we're not gonna stop you from uncapping the framerate, but we can't guarantee the experience'

'we just really dont know what's gonna happen, you might see some weird stuff with physics, some weird stuff with zombies'

'I really dont believe you're losing anything by playing at 30 frames per second'

'if you want feel free to uncap it, but it's gonna be wild and crazy'

how bout

OED1P.gif

ZeroCDR

What.

I know there's an oddity with RE4 HD on PC where all the guns got 60fps reload animations except for the rifle, and I still don't get it.

kris.

Banned
hahahahaha went from a "maybe-kinda wanna buy at some point" to a "never touching in my life"
fuck you too, capcom

BeerSnob

It's like they were given a machine to print money and they instead sold the parts for scrap metal. CAPCOM isn't long for this industry, they have gone completely batshit.

CLBridges

I don't play many games on the PC, however, this sounds really crazy. Is this the first time this has ever been publicly said by a game company? Why offer the game on PC in the first place if you've already placed restrictions that can be game breaking?

Dark Souls was the same way, and unlocking it was mostly fine. I guess we should expect more of Capcom in 2014, but I'm not putting up a pitchfork without seeing how broken it is.

Top Bottom