• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 new screenshots leak

SomTervo

Corrected to reflect Xbox One exclusivity:

QG7s8kL.jpg

Dead Rising 4: Crushing Blacks

Wait, that didn't turn out at all like how I intended

Nope, that's not what I'm saying. :p
Excluding Megaman(that's my dream scenario) those are the rumored Capcom games for e3. If that's their showing, then I think they will have the best e3.

DR4 is the only one rumored to be exclusive.

Yeah at first i was bummed it was runored to be exclusive then i remembered i in fact have an x1 (dont play it nearly as much as my ps4) lol so now im full hype mode and yeah that would be a sweet capcom showing for sure

RootCause

Yeah at first i was bummed it was runored to be exclusive then i remembered i in fact have an x1 (dont play it nearly as much as my ps4) lol so now im full hype mode and yeah that would be a sweet capcom showing for sure
You forgot you owned one? :p

I hope the mall is still the same size it was in the original.

Blues1990

I didn't play Dead Rising 3, but wouldn't Frank West be in his mid-50's at this point? He looked like hell in Dead Rising 2, so why does he look so young in this game?

Blues1990

rumor is this game is kind of a remake of the first game

Huh. Seems like a weird prospect for a fourth installment, especially since the original game had taken place during the summer, and it looks like this one takes place during the Christmas season.

BONKERS

YAY, they got rid of the putrid CA from the last game. Thank god.

I hope a PC version isn't bullshit UWP/DX12/W10 exclusive crap.

Aaron

I didn't play Dead Rising 3, but wouldn't Frank West be in his mid-50's at this point? He looked like hell in Dead Rising 2, so why does he look so young in this game?
The Frank version of Dead Rising 2 isn't canon so there's no reason they need to lead off that. The last official Frank was the post DR2 side game where he teamed up with Chuck, and he was in decent shape for that.

Blues1990

The Frank version of Dead Rising 2 isn't canon so there's no reason they need to lead off that. The last official Frank was the post DR2 side game where he teamed up with Chuck, and he was in decent shape for that.

I know Off The Record is a "What-If?" scenario, but in Case West, he still didn't look too hot. So I find going backwards seems to be a weird choice, especially since Nick Ramos was a pretty awesome protagonist.

I know Off The Record is a "What-If?" scenario, but in Case West, he still didn't look too hot. So I find going backwards seems to be a weird choice, especially since Nick Ramos was a pretty awesome protagonist.

Perhaps Nick Ramos will be in this in some capacity. Also isn't this supposedly a remake of Dead Rising 1? If so, it doesn't really matter what he looked like in any of the previous games.

Ridley327

Oh god yes.

I'm not going to lie: reading the lyrics to the song points out that just about any line from the song would make for a great subtitle.

It is probably because of how often those fucking assholes respawned, but that song is burned into my brain and I can enjoy it for the silly stoner nonsense that it is.

Blam

Not sure why you guys are hating W10 Store so hard.

Still answering questions about DR4.

I might have to join the party as well. Ask me whatever about DR4, and I'll try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

Grinchy

Banned
Looks really good. DR3 was really between generations graphics wise.

I tried it on PC in the last year or so. My biggest problem wasn't the graphics or the insanely terrible performance. It was just that the game got very boring, very quickly. The area ended up feeling very small because the storyline just had you going up and down the street over and over again.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
In OP's third screenshot it looks like Frank's holding a bollard with a massively weighty lump of concrete/rock still attached to the bottom of it.

Way to break my immersion Capcom.

Not sure why you guys are hating W10 Store so hard.

Still answering questions about DR4.

Do you know how the timer system is implemented?

Does the game seem to be built around pre-planned events like the first game was, or is it more of an afterthought like it was in 3?

Top Bottom