• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 new screenshots leak

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You are saying this like Sony doesn't already have third party exclusivity with Street Fighter.
You're saying that like Street Fighter V was announced PS4 exclusive and MS didn't have Dead Rising 3 exclusive, in fact a lot people throw their dummies out their pram regarding Street Fighter V despite Dead Rising 3 being exclusive to Xbox One.
MS had DS3, Sony had Street Fighter V
A series is not 1 Exclusive, now Dead Rising 4 is exclusive to Xbox One so it a given that Sony has another too, not saying Resident Evil 7 or Devil May Cry 5 is exclusive, but thats all that on the table at the moment and well Devil May Cry was once an Exclusive like Dead Rising was to 360.

Edit, looks good.

UIXhubf.gif

SWEET MERCIFUL JESUS.

THAT LOOKS FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Normally I corroborate my information with multiple sources before posting anything - and because I'm not, I'm not even going to TOUCH saying something concrete, but I will say there may be some legitimacy to Sony have a Capcom exclusive as well.

Well damn...that might mean Resi 7 ends up on PS4 only? I hope that's the case. DR3 was X1 and PC only and it kind of makes sense for 4 to be as well. But i hope i'll see Resi 7 on my Xbox One as well.

8bit

Knows the Score
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I really hope the camera isn't forgotten though, if I can't take upskirt photos of zombies I'm going to be a little bit sad. Also, it might be nice to play the proper end sequence as something other than a slideshow.

His body shape isn't even quite right. Frank was built stocky, new Frank looks too lean, and too much like Bruce Campbell.

Is too much like Bruce Campbell really a complaint? What if he's voiced by Bruce?

Shang

I don't understand how some people are saying the colors are too boring. It's nighttime in winter in those videos. Sometimes sunny, vibrant colors just don't work.

Also, Frank West doesn't look like a pig monster anymore, so that's good.

Gonna Day 1 the shit outta this game. I love every game in the series (1 and 3 the most).

That doesn't really look like Frank to me though...
Yeah, he's got a camera. It just doesn't look like him.
Yeah, I am not feeling this redesign. Frank West's original design is iconic to me and I don't see why they felt to change it.

george_us

What's with the generic horror movie aesthetic? I want to see "bright, shiny, happy" places like theme parks and malls.
One of the main reasons why I couldn't get into Dead Rising 3 along with the added emphasis on killing zombies instead of avoiding them. I'll wait to see more footage of 4 before passing judgement but right now it's no looking good.

Vuze

Damn, this looks great! I hope I can buy it on UWP/PC (provided it will be released on there) without hassle. No way this is not going to be "banned" in Germany after seeing these gifs LMAO

CamHostage

Looks nice. Will definitely pick it up on PC once I get mine back up and running. I dislike the new Frank West, though :(.

I'm not too one way or another on it (I do like that the first game had a kind of tubby hero who wasn't really ready to be a badass,) but in general, I like how Dead Rising has proceeded where each game has its own character (but then they go back and have had DLC side-games with West or potentially others,) as it's given them room to play with. Fans argue that one avatar is more important than another in games and demand Frank come back (I don't think I see a camera on the character model so I assume they're not focusing on the weirdest gameplay aspect of that character?), so I guess that's going to happen.

Top Bottom