• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising being remastered for PS4/XBO/PC, DR2 and OTR to PS4/XBO

Roxas

Update:
Since the cat's now out of the bag, yes, DR1 is coming to XB1, PS4, and PC (Steamworks).

In addition, DR2 and DR2:OTR is coming to XB1 and PS4. (PC already has them)

We'll have more info later :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-18-looks-like-the-original-dead-rising-is-headed-to-ps4

UPDATE 9.50pm: Dead Rising will launch on PlayStation 4, Capcom has just confirmed to Eurogamer. But that's not all - it will also be released on Xbox One and PC.

Oh, and Dead Rising 2? That's headed to new consoles as well.

"Capcom will be bringing Dead Rising to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. In addition, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off the Record will make their way onto Xbox One and PS4. We will have more news to share soon."

Off the Record was the version of DR2 which brought back Dead Rising 1's protagonist Frank West, which makes sense as he's the star of the show in DR1 and the upcoming DR4 on Xbox One and PC, also due this year.

---
Original post:
Was just browsing Exophase and noticed that there is a trophy list up for a PS4 version of Dead Rising. Is this a known release? I guess that its coming pretty soon if the trophies have already leaked. Would love to play through this again if its true!

(Also there's a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 trophy list up too)

Hellraider

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to remake-remaster the first dead rising. Complete absence from Playstation 3 and PC would make it really appealing for PS4/PC owners.

Hope it's true.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Now that I have a PS4 I'm excited by the prospect of this game being ported to a system that I actually own.

If you also put it on PC, Capcom, that'd be great.

Capcom pc ports are among the best from jp devs
Hopefully this comes with all the dlc though xp
Along with improved ai

Oh, I'm sure the PC version, if there is one, is going to be good. The "don't fuck it up" part was in regards to the game itself. DR1 had a special feel, movement etc they could mess up with an engine change. I hope they improve AI and the controls and keep the rest as is.

pa22word

Give us The option on how to play (with or without the timer) and its all set then

No. The game doesnt work without the timer. You cant just rip it out, the entire campaign and every single quest revolves around things changing around you based on time of day. if you want to play a game to mow down zombies play the hundreds of other zombie games out there.

It's like saying you'll play majoras mask without the day system. It's completely moronic.

I really hope so, one of capcoms best games from last gen.

Easily the best and most fun DR. Wish they would create another setting and feeling as this game.

Amazing game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Holy cow, I hope so. I only played halfway through this one on 360 back in the day. Always lamented that it was stuck on a single platform (sorry Wii game) for no real good reason. I liked Dead Rising 2 quite a bit as well, but the first is special.

No. The game doesnt work without the timer. You cant just rip it out, the entire campaign and every single quest revolves around things changing around you based on time of day. if you want to play a game to mow down zombies play the hundreds of other zombie games out there.

It's like saying you'll play majoras mask without the day system. It's completely moronic.

It's optional setting for people like us who to want to play without timer and doesn't stop you playing original game. Why "no"? Does it bother you that we play in different way?

pa22word

It's optional setting for people like us who to want to play without timer and doesn't stop you playing original game. Why "no"? Does it bother you that we play in different way?

Did you even read my post?

There is no switch you can hit to tear out the timer. It would break all the sidequests, all the events, and all the bosses.

Hesemonni

Banned
Woo. Just finished DR3 and didn't like it at all. I pretty much skipped DR2 (for no particular reason), but I loved DR1 on the 360. Would gladly replay it when Neo is released.

There is no switch you can hit to tear out the timer. It would break all the sidequests, all the events, and all the bosses.

The remaster isn't even announced yet. I just posted what I think. I'm sure there're many people like me so speculating is good for discussion.

I find this odd. The series is a defato Xbox franchise now. Who wants this game that does own one?

Is it? I thought the new one was a timed exclusive and would be, at some point, on PS4.

The remaster isn't even announced yet. I just posted what I think. I'm sure there're many people like me so speculating is good for discussion.
I agree with the people wanting an option to disable the timer.

I must be a "moron".

Play a different game then.

if you want to play a game to mow down zombies play the hundreds of other zombie games out there.

Then play a different game.

While I agree that the timer is an integral part of the DR experience, geez way to act like a complete ass about it.

batfax

I have no idea what anyone wants out of the game by removing the timer. The timer is the game. It's what drives making all the achievements actually difficult to do, it makes the sidequests work, and it makes the mall feel alive as things happen regardless of if you're there. The timer is super important to Dead Rising. Just beat the game if you want a freeplay mode where none of that matters. The main quest gives a huge amount of wiggleroom to complete it on schedule if you skip sidequests.

Anyway, if this is actually happening and it keeps the DR1 gameplay, I'm there day one. Loved it.

Genuinely just started a DR1 playthrough again on my 360 after the boring DR4 reveal. Hopefully this comes to XB1 as well, I don't mind them tearing out the timer as an alternate option, but leave the actual game in there this time please.

Mmh, no ? It's kind of the opposite. It started as an Xbox franchise then every other games ended up as a multiplatform title.

Dead Rising and Dead Rising 3 have never appeared on Sony platforms. Dead Rising 4 will also start life as an XBO console exclusive.

I don't think it's unfair to say it's considered an Xbox brand in the minds of the masses.

Top Bottom